What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
IMG_20240823_122232_MP.jpgsitting in the van up at Beadnell playing Lego with the boy. We are waiting for the strong winds to relent a smidge:rolleyes:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are throwing stuff in the van and having a goodbye meal with the kids ready for the tunnel on Tuesday and our trip to Greece.
I can’t believe you would throw things IN the van - on the other hand, I can believe that Martin would throw stuff in the opposite direction …… :rofl:

Don’t forget to check you have everything before you leave!

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Just picked my Delfin up after new £3,500 skylight install, after waiting 7 months from Burstner, so felling a bit light in the pocket ATM, looks the part now though, expensive lifestyle this MOHO malarkey... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Just picked my Delfin up after new £3,500 skylight install, after waiting 7 months from Burstner, so felling a bit light in the pocket ATM, looks the part now though, expensive lifestyle this MOHO malarkey... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We need pictures please :giggle:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Ar friends apartment in Southbourne, o erlooking the beach. And a free air and fireworks show ....result

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
After a couple of years of sorting this and that finally settling into our baby bungalow, lots to do, then realising my subs lapsed.

Zebedee will be on the temporary drive for now, so hubby been busy, I drank tea😂

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We are deciding whether or not to proceed with a house purchase. We had searches back and a survey done this week and they both highlighted the risk of flooding from a nearby river. The people who live in the area have said its not an issue, but the evidence is pointing to a problem down the line. We will be completing on selling our current house in two weeks so its quite a big decision for us. Think we would rather be homeless for a while on our own terms than be flooded out though.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
We are deciding whether or not to proceed with a house purchase. We had searches back and a survey done this week and they both highlighted the risk of flooding from a nearby river. The people who live in the area have said its not an issue, but the evidence is pointing to a problem down the line. We will be completing on selling our current house in two weeks so its quite a big decision for us. Think we would rather be homeless for a while on our own terms than be flooded out though.
Buying and selling is hard .do you really really love it .if your having doubts now ......
Good luck and pics please

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Think we will be pulling out. We do really like it, but cant live somewhere that we worry about flooding.
It's disappointing but better than the niggle of what it ..especially when your away.
I looked at a nice one last week but it needed some updating and had some huge mature trees that would need looking after.

Decided my 30 year old strimmer was not up to the job and I'm not buying any more garden equipment so it was not for me :wink:

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Had a fantastic weekend at the Proms at Shuttleworth, only to get the news this evening that my ‘heart dog’ Rosie had to be pts this afternoon. I feel like someone has pulled my heart out and stamped on it.

IMG_4620.jpeg

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
100% massive decision with all your emotions wrapped in together, with every question are we doing the right thing, purchasing a new property
Either way it's a journey, every road is different for every family.
Good luck whatever path you take. (y)

Sending thought's and prayers to you tonks, sorry to hear about your doggie😞

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Off down to Poole at lunchtime today for our crossing tomorrow morning into Cherbourg.. feeling just as nervous this time as I did last year on our first ever euro trip !!! Is it just me or does everyone feel like this?? Heading to do a bit of Brittany for 10 days 🇫🇷

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Just got home from 4 nights on the Lea Valley Campsite, near Chingford, London (tones.frost.enjoy)
It's (only just!) outside the ULEZ zone and is a great choice if you want to visit the city centre.
Bus #215 terminal is outside the entrance barrier, the bus takes around 20-30 mins to get to Walthamstow terminus from where you can get an overland train to Liverpool St station or the Victoria Line tube train. The buses depart every 20 minutes.
There are plenty of walking and cycling tracks that run along the King George reservoir and the river Lea.
Facilities are good and prices are reasonable.
We'll be back!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back