What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
near Competa today, some poor sod has a very bad weekend ahead🥲
IMG_9708.png
IMG_9709.png

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Wandered around Helmsley this afternoon as there is a huge biker rally on, MAG event I think. Thousands of them. All middle aged, fat gut, long grey hair, long grey beard and covered in tattoos.
Sounds like the youth chapter of my classic bike club, the 'Hell's Anginas'.

Jun 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dont own yet
I'm off down to west sussex from Swansea for the third time this month so i can pick up my girlfriend.... 1500 miles this month and 14000 since the end of January... Cant wait to get a motorhome cos i think I'll do even more milage then 😁

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Cragg Vale for 8 nights , visiting the outlaws and going to The Piece Hall to see Noel .
Hopefully loads of bike rides , good beer and food !
Meeting my sister and BIL for lunch in Leeds ( she’s in remission from Leukemia and has only just started venturing out properly since Covid )
First experiment with me awning suckers as well and first trip out for my panniers on my full suspension eMTB ( adapter supplied by Aeroe NZ ) .
Exciting times !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We were there for the 2018 show and thoroughly enjoed the whole spectacle including the arrivals & departures along with the pre show practice displays. .... must try to go again!
My aircraft photographer BIL was the only person to capture a sequenced detailed photograph of the (I think it was) 2 Italian display team aircraft colliding a few years back, I think one of the pilots sadly died.

The Air Safety Authority (or whatever they are called) asked for it not to be released and asked if they could have it, this he gave willingly to help and, because of this and his previous work, he was given much more freedom at airbases, unlike most photographers, from then on.

His only regret was, what it had taken to achieve that freedom! 🤔

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Off to Oulton Park today in Bertie for a day at the races.
It's Gold Cup weekend, classic and vintage car races.

Tomorrow, off to a Devon hamlet to stay in a cottage for a few nights. The village/hamlet, Gidleigh is so small it don't even have a pub:cry:..............but there is one in the village nearby(y).

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Loitering around the Peak District before Drax, today probably catch a bus into Bakewell but then again, probably not.
I love it when I'm decisive! 😄
Just got back from my saunter, surprise, surprise, I didn't get to Bakewell, went to Wirksworth to see Derbyshire's longest Heritage Railway.

When, before going, I looked on Google maps, it said that the route from the town to the Railway was mostly flat, (that must be a Derbyshire 'flat' and not a Norfolk one) because it's down a steep (by East Anglian standards) hill.

Needless to say, after perusing shops, retired back to Matlock Bath for much needed R & R.

I wonder what tomorrow might bring, Cheers! 😄👍

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Re loading Billy up this weekend after getting him back in prep for our 4 nights at Plassey from Monday.

The stuff i sold and gave away can you bring them back please :LOL: ;)
Probably but, of course, handling, admin and inflation has raised the price substantially, even on the things you gave away! 😄

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just back from Plassey. 3 good nights and 1 night not so good. new neighbour had one of those bloody yapping dogs. Yapped at anything that went past the pitch and at times yapped just for the hell of it.
Thankfully we knew we were leaving early this am.
So gonna do nowt but watch my tomatoes grow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back