What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Co
Working again Friday, Saturday and Sunday delivering mail, notes, drugs, and food to various hospitals in the Nottinghamshire trusts for the NHS.
But then I get Mon to Thursday off, then repeat.
On Saturday 19th October, one of our Hospital Porters is participating in a boxing tournament under the banner of Ultimate White Collar Boxing at a local leisure centre in the late afternoon/ early evening.
It is a full and legalised boxing tournament under strict boxing regulations and is a " black tie" event, but more importantly, it is a charity fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Nurses, with tickets starting at £25 a pop, and ALL monies raised going to support that charity.
Most of the team who I work with have tickets and we are all going along to support him.
3 x 2 minute rounds, and he is boxing in the Super Heavyweight category and has been in serious training for the last 6 months.
(Ex Royal Marine and a big lad ) :giggle:
Should be a very enjoyable event.
Correction: Saturday 18th!!!!
Doh!

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
Birthday away weekend. Park-up at " Jackdaw" in Denton ,,shops friends ,food & drink ,visit Folkestone, chill & relax !!
Aww lovely, spent many a happy time in The Jacdaw as was very local. Have a great weekend.

Going on Saturday to various places in the Lake District for a week, OH never been so will either love it or hate it in the rain!

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
We're off to Pencelli Castle in Brecon tomorrow for a long weekend :

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
Getting ready for the next trip to the Lakes.
Fantastic job cleaning the van by Lee from Mobile Caravan Valeting.
Highly recommended. based in Leeds operates from Sheffield in the South, Teesside in the North, East to the coast and West towards Cumbria.
IMG_5598.jpeg
IMG_5599.jpeg
IMG_5596.jpeg

Dec 14, 2021
East anglia
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora XL Aut
Exp
Puppy class
Were just leaving in the van to spend a weekend in Oxford, catch up with my Mum and wander around that great city. How are you spending this weekend? Doing anything nice?
Flying to the Falklands for a few weeks, come back for a couple of weeks then pack up our camper for our first proper trip away from our shores and off to Spain and Portugal for 16days

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Flying to the Falklands for a few weeks, come back for a couple of weeks then pack up our camper for our first proper trip away from our shores and off to Spain and Portugal for 16days
Falklands for a couple of weeks, well theres extreme. We loved the 1 day we were there but was happy to get back on the boat.

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have had a senior moment and got my dates mixed up. In my mind we are picking daughter and husband up from Manchester Airport on Sunday. Management is going to her friends on Monday for a couple of nights and on Friday we are away for the weekend.
I got the airport on Sunday right but the rest is a week adrift. We don’t go away until the 24th. This means we have a full week at home to recover from driving across to Manchester I supose.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I use one on mine for rinsing , cleaning wheel arches etc , always remember with great power comes much responsibility! 💡👍😂
I have an end on my Kurcher that give no direct force.
It comes out of the end in a swirl pattern (often used by valet companies when no one's there.)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We attended the Remembrance Service in our village this morning. Pouring down with rain and quite chilly but there was still more than two hundred people in attendance.

It’s good to see that people still wish to show their respects.

Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
First trip for a while last week.
Crick (Northants) to see friends who live on their narrowboat. Brought back some great memories.
On to Duxford Imperial War Museum which is a wonderful day out. Stayed two nights at Shrepreth Mill site, peaceful but with a fourth World toilet / shower block.
Then on to Old Brick Kilns Campsite near Fakenham which was a terrific site.
The principal reason for visit was to see Wells Lifeboat upon which my friends name has been written in his memory. There are 15,000 names written within the decals on the boat sides and wheelhouse. Brand new lifeboat station and lifeboat - very impressive (and moving for me saying hi to my friend).
Then a wonderful early morning cycle to Blakeney and Cley where we holidayed fifty years ago in the shade of the windmill.
Stopped at Kirkfields Equestrian Centre (near Mansfield) on the way back home. A great little site among the horses with a fine pub 200 yards away.
This kind of trip is one of the main reasons we bought the camper.
Here's to the next one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
First trip for a while last week.
Crick (Northants) to see friends who live on their narrowboat. Brought back some great memories.
On to Duxford Imperial War Museum which is a wonderful day out. Stayed two nights at Shrepreth Mill site, peaceful but with a fourth World toilet / shower block.
Then on to Old Brick Kilns Campsite near Fakenham which was a terrific site.
The principal reason for visit was to see Wells Lifeboat upon which my friends name has been written in his memory. There are 15,000 names written within the decals on the boat sides and wheelhouse. Brand new lifeboat station and lifeboat - very impressive (and moving for me saying hi to my friend).
Then a wonderful early morning cycle to Blakeney and Cley where we holidayed fifty years ago in the shade of the windmill.
Stopped at Kirkfields Equestrian Centre (near Mansfield) on the way back home. A great little site among the horses with a fine pub 200 yards away.
This kind of trip is one of the main reasons we bought the camper.
Here's to the next one.
Next time you visit Duxford, there are 2 site, both CMHC & CCC, (maybe even P&R) at Cambridge.
Easy access to Duxford & Cambridge

Deleted User
Finish emptying the contents from and a final buff up for the Laika before it goes to its new home near Toulouse next weekend.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Should've been off to Keswick but they phoned me and cancelled because of flooding, re-booked for next weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back