Timing/Cam Belt Replacement - Cost and Location (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 4, 2013
Bognor Regis, W.Sussex. PO21 5QU
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012 when we were "newbies" - and still getting about before we seize up.
MOT plus new cam belt would have been £740 but now they tell me that the fuel pump is leaking and will require replacement. Another £660 to find before they will actually complete the MOT! This is on a 2012 Fiat Ducati chassis.
I was a happy customer of Parkers Garage in Bognor Regis but now feel that I will have to search out another place to go.
My experience with Adams Morey in Portsmouth was not good when they told me that they would need to cut open part of the cable harness to find a problem that was giving an alarm. The problem was finally located by Parker's Garage. It was due to the oil pressure switch not working properly. At the time they charged me £43 and apologised for the extra time because the starter motor had to be dismounted to get to the switch. Needless to say I stayed with Parkers Garage since then but a few years back they came under new management ( The original owner retired) Prices and work level/costs now seem to be escalating.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just got a quote off Endyke Tyres, Hull for having the cambelt and water pump done they're, just round the corner from us and we use them for the MH MOT, tyres etc and for our Smart car stuff too. They've not done a cambelt on an A-class before but is aware that they are more difficult due to the bodywork/access restrictions. He's given us a quote of a maximum of £840 inclusive of VAT but if it's less he'll charge us less but if it's more he won't ask us for more and will just absorb the cost and treat it as a learning curve expense.

Doesn't seem bad seeing as our local Fiat professional garage quoted us £1800! :eek:

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Just got a quote off Endyke Tyres, Hull for having the cambelt and water pump done they're, just round the corner from us and we use them for the MH MOT, tyres etc and for our Smart car stuff too. They've not done a cambelt on an A-class before but is aware that they are more difficult due to the bodywork/access restrictions. He's given us a quote of a maximum of £840 inclusive of VAT but if it's less he'll charge us less but if it's more he won't ask us for more and will just absorb the cost and treat it as a learning curve expense.

Doesn't seem bad seeing as our local Fiat professional garage quoted us £1800! :eek:
I’ve just had this place recommended to me by our trusted Citro Motors man Tomaz, who looks after our Citroen car. If he could fit it in his workshop I’d get him to do it. I’ve not enquired myself yet though, ours is due this year so will report in a few months.
He said a few of them worked for Jordans prior to here, they appear popular with works van owners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Cambelt +pulleys £1365 quote from Arnold Clark Preston
Had it done at Hyams Garage Warton + Gearbox oil change + Fuel filter ( I bought cam belt from Arnold Clark = £172) Total £550 + belt= big saving!!!
cheers Dave
ps was for Renault Master PVC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back