The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
As long as you are not intending to park overnight, (not that I have any experience of trying to) this time of the year, except half term, you shouldn't have any problems.

We used to take 40ft coaches through there and stop for a photo shot with the goats
(If you bend down to pet one, just be careful there's not another coming up your rear! 😄)
Plenty places that you can stay overnight according to park4night. Few comments about boy racers till midnight but OK after that

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
As long as you are not intending to park overnight, (not that I have any experience of trying to) this time of the year, except half term, you shouldn't have any problems.

We used to take 40ft coaches through there and stop for a photo shot with the goats
(If you bend down to pet one, just be careful there's not another coming up your rear! 😄)
I would avoid the weekend too and if you can, stay nearby and take a very early run up the gorge so that there are plenty of spaces to stop and you are not spending all your time watching out for cyclists, pedestrians and other vehicles.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Oops…..

IMG_0211.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Got the spare wheel carrier and wheel reassembled and fitted this morning . All greased up so it should be easy to remove if I should need it .
20241005_113014.jpg
20241005_113024.jpg
20241005_113050.jpg

Then whilst Just smiffy removed the carb off the genny so we could change leaking fuel pipe I gave the casing a bit of a clean up.
20241005_124233.jpg
20241005_124538.jpg

It came up quite well.

With the new hose attached we reconnected it to the wiring again to see if it would fire up... Still no luck .
20241005_124250.jpg
20241005_124247.jpg

We removed spark plug and its bone dry so still not getting fuel.. poured a little down the plug hole and refitted plug ...it then gave a few splutters and attempted to start.

We tried the cheap Chinese carb I'd bought off ebay and while it still gives a few splutters it wouldn't fire but we can't get the choke to work properly on that one as it's different so Just smiffy is currently stripping down and attempting to clean the original carb so we can try again .

Fitted the new countersunk stainless screws on the wheel trims too
20241005_135539_copy_1209x1612.jpg

That looks better funflair

And the best thing today someone came and bought the A frame so that's my new tyres covered and a bit extra so that's good and at least I don't have to carry the bloody thing around till I sell it. Just the scooter carrier and cover to get rid of now .

The genny wants to go ...its just a case of fettling with it till we get it to start.

Won't know if the rest of it is working till then.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Think you will need a tin of swarfega to clean yourself up Tam if you have to use that spare wheel mechanism.🤣🤣 It’s that well greased 🤔
Better that than it rusting again.😁. I said to garry if folk checked and greased them regularly the bracket is actually really easy to use . I'll have it off again in Morocco so the chassis can all be cleaned up and painted .

It does help having such good ground clearance on this though as its a heavy wheel . But I can get right under there no problem . Prefer it under there than taking up space in my garage.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Can we have that in English please, your sounding more like Lenny by the day 🤣
Qc3 is quick charge 3 ...its a 3amp usb socket .. and pd3 is the c type socket on your phone .. again its 3amp so they charge much faster than the old 2.1amp usb sockets.

I've got one in me bedroom , 2 in the cab , one in the centre cupboard above the cab and now one above the table.

Most of my stuff is all 12v usb powered now so I can charge everything up while driving too.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Will Just smiffy s astro turf ever recover having 4 or 5 ton sitting on it ?

We did in fact have this discussion this afternoon…. And he made the same comment and I said yes, but I thought for only a couple of weeks not a couple of bloody months…😆

Surprisingly it does bounce back but it may have some ruts as it’s sand underneath, not sure about the paint oil and grease though…😆😏

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
We did in fact have this discussion this afternoon…. And he made the same comment and I said yes, but I thought for only a couple of weeks not a couple of bloody months…😆

Surprisingly it does bounce back but it may have some ruts as it’s sand underneath, not sure about the paint oil and grease though…😆😏
Now now ..you did say " you're welcome to park here as long as you like "

I know you love me being here really , you'll miss me when I go 😁🤣.

You'll be bored with nothing to tinker with.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
To the uninitiated, what does 'oops' mean
It means he's got my carb In bits lol.

He makes you nervous when he's doing stuff cause every 5 minutes you here , "wheres that gone " or " whys that done that" or " oops "

He's always losing bits lol.

Nightmare he is ......🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95

I had visions of me getting stuck in it at first but its been alright actually. I'll drive back n forth before I leave see if I can iron out some of the ruts .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
You got a big garage Tam. That Astro turf would be nice outside Doc parked up by the beach in Morroco. 😂👍
You mean with, what is it, a pineapple and flamingo?
Or is it Pampas Grass? 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I have my car to get ready to sell, need to finish off my fridge install polish my van and get ready for my winter trip but don’t worry yourself JACK….😆

I have a Brazilian to fiddle with….🤪

Don’t worry tam will do that for you BUT don’t let him near the Brazilian 😉

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I felt I was getting too sore to be laying under vans anymore so I treated myself
To a 5t clear floor 2 post vehicle lift , working on my mates race camper ( air suspension)
It was actually enjoyable lol

View attachment 961088
Jeeso that looks scary on there though 😱😱

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Don’t worry tam will do that for you BUT don’t let him near the Brazilian 😉
I had fully intended to polish up his camper for him but kept finding other jobs to do on this bugger.

However I think he's getting some paintwork done on it too in Morocco as it really needs a few bits painted rather than polished.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back