The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (16 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
20240912_121707_copy_1209x1612.jpg
I'd throw them in the bin.Once you start using it they will start to come apart.You can see on the left one the hairline cracks where water can enter .i'd be surprised if a gentle poke with a screwdriver didn't have that falling apart

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd throw them in the bin.Once you start using it they will start to come apart.You can see on the left one the hairline cracks where water can enter .i'd be surprised if a gentle poke with a screwdriver didn't have that falling apart
What left one lol .. there's a top and bottom one there .. I've given them a good scrape up and nowt crumbling off them . The bit that's chipped off was me prising a small crow bar in to push pistons back .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's still running its original brake discs pads and calipers from when it was new. I think all the ball joints etc are also originals. It's surprisingly good .. the flaky paint makes it look a lot worse than it is which is a shame . I've scraped and wire brushed off a lot of it where I can get to . The morrocans will clean a lot of that up and repaint it when I'm there. It's a dirty time consuming job but they do it for a decent price so that's my plan this winter . Its a shame that someone's obviously sprayed black paint or underseal about under there previously and done a very shoddy job of it and as a result they've got overspray all over the white floor etc . I'd have liked to keep paint off of that and had it nicely presented underneath . Bit will probably have to just get the whole underside sprayed now. . But it will preserve it for a good while at least. Its a very solid big bus .
I know I am a bit sad but so used to go under ours and clean that white floor up with a rag and a bit of WD40😀

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Had both front wheels off today and inspected and cleaned up the brakes. No warped discs, discs are a little rusty on the front face but that will clean up with use , only found one sticky slider on rhs caliper . Freed that off an greased them up .. cleaned up the hole in the inner wheel arch. Usual place under the windscreen washer bottle . Not a structural point on these vans as they have full independent chassis so fibreglassing that.

So no brake parts needed for now. Will have to see if vibration still there once it has new wheels on freshly balanced and tyres at correct pressure .

Nothing scary under there just flaky paint . Everything looks in good condition for 20 year old metal bits. Also removed the big rusty frame that used to hold the gas tank .
Will get new wheels fitted tomorrow and that inner arch filled sanded and painted . No more advisories on thatView attachment 948426View attachment 948427View attachment 948428View attachment 948429View attachment 948430View attachment 948432View attachment 948434View attachment 948435View attachment 948436View attachment 948438View attachment 948441View attachment 948442View attachment 948447View attachment 948480View attachment 948481View attachment 948482

View attachment 948443
You could bling up them callipers with a bit of paint and……….😁😁😁
F106BACF-3C9D-43A4-944C-3B0BE2D32FB8.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Getting driven nuts by ebay loonies tonight.

Had an offer on moby earlier

But not sure if it's another clueless timewaster

And a second one asking if a hab check has been done and if id mind getting one done at their expense

I am however reluctant to let any so called "professionals " near my vans..

The first one was meant to transfer a deposit but I'm not holding my breath

Had 2 others yesterday, one asking to view it next week but seems reluctant to speak on the phone . Second asking if they can fit more seatbelts etc.

I actually hate selling stuff.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

And a second one asking if a hab check has been done and if id mind getting one done at their expense

Had 2 others yesterday, one asking to view it next week but seems reluctant to speak on the phone . Second asking if they can fit more seatbelts etc.

Why is it such a problem this time when you have sold hundreds of vehicles ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

All those scam artist eh, I can offer a smooth transaction with no questions asked at all, completely painless so you can concentrate on Nibby 😇🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not really , I am dead serious lol, you just elected not to entertain negotiations so far which is of course absolutely fine😎
I told you the first and second time you mentioned it. I'm not interested in any part exchanges or swaps. No motorbikes either. It's a cash sale .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Will the charger that's already fitted in my van charge the lithium battery on the gel setting?
Will it do it any harm?
I would give it a miss as it has automatic temperature compensation so at low temperatures the voltage will be far too high and at high temperatures it will be too low.
Also the float charge is too high.

iMarkup_20240912_223525.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I told you the first and second time you mentioned it. I'm not interested in any part exchanges or swaps. No motorbikes either. It's a cash sale .
I know that very welll Tam but sometimes in life people have to revise plans because original thoughts don’t work out, so that’s why I tease you every now and then with my open offer, which could long term be very beneficial for you with no hassle whatsoever , but I hope for you that Evilbay delivers your expectations, I refuse to use e bay altogether these days, not worthy of my time, life is too short 👍

May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Tam
The hab check request seems completely reasonable to me, and would help you sell it if they didnt want it. Can you imagine buying a van and finding that the fridge doesnt work or the gas connection is dangerously incomplete? I would run from a seller that didnt want one done.....

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Tam
The hab check request seems completely reasonable to me, and would help you sell it if they didnt want it. Can you imagine buying a van and finding that the fridge doesnt work or the gas connection is dangerously incomplete? I would run from a buyer that didnt want one done.....
As above Tam. Most buyers would think a habitation check an essential proof that the van is certified fit to use.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

All that , to me just looks like normal questions, what do you want them to do?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam
The hab check request seems completely reasonable to me, and would help you sell it if they didnt want it. Can you imagine buying a van and finding that the fridge doesnt work or the gas connection is dangerously incomplete? I would run from a seller that didnt want one done.....
I've never bought a van with a hab check and never had one done since my frankia as most of the time the one doing it is a clown. The few folk on here that get them done is because of a warranty

This is a 26 year old motorhome that is far from original. I can only see problems letting any so called professional near it.

P.si just bought a van that the fridge didn't work and the gas system was incomplete 😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back