The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (89 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm under the impression they were a different series Jock, Wikipedia seems to agree.
I agree Jon, but with both being common rail, turbo charged, and intercooled, is it not possible to suffer the same symptoms when it comes to problems with air intake, turbo boost pressure, or fuel starvation, ie, injectors/pump/filter?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Just had the Flair out to fill up with lpg £9.60 and fill up with diesel £94. Skint noo after lidl last night tae lol.

Anyway around town the light didn't come on apart from one quite steep hill just before lpg garage. So we took it a wee blast up the a30 .. basically it comes on whenever you increase the demand for power and when it's no longer needed it goes off.
I can't remember if yours is a 2.8 jtd I had a similar issue with the injector light coming on when needing more power and as soon as you get to the top the injector light went out and the engine picked up revs and it turned out to be the waste gate needed freeing up.
In one thread on here someone posted pictures of how to free it but I've searched and can't find it but I did find this

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
Just had the Flair out to fill up with lpg £9.60 and fill up with diesel £94. Skint noo after lidl last night tae lol.

Anyway around town the light didn't come on apart from one quite steep hill just before lpg garage. So we took it a wee blast up the a30 .. basically it comes on whenever you increase the demand for power and when it's no longer needed it goes off. I'm convinced it's something simple but the engine stuff is shelved till next week when garry is back from London. Easier to do checks with 2 than one person. Dry today and I need to clean all the moss and grime off from around all my doorseals and windows etc as it's causing little leaks from rainwater channels etc .. so that will be today's job, give all the outside a good wash. Tomorrow I have some electrical jobs to do inside and it's to rain all weekend. Gary's off to London tomorrow to collect cintia. Then we will start the engine analysis and the front wheel vibration and brakes investigation from Monday, generator comes after that.

I'll order the bits for my electrical system over the weekend

Trying to prioritise stuff is the difficult part to be honest as there's jobs need doing everywhere . But as I've to live in it while doing stuff the interior bits are equally important.

So those desperate to see genie etc working you'll have to be patient as its not a huge priority right now .

Will get to it eventually 😁
Sorry Tam but do you use anything special to clean the moss from around the seal's, ours needs a good clean :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Regards engine light issue when your engine requires more power your engine ecu will attempt to increase fuel delivery to obtain this, if the ecu does not see an increase in turbo boost which is measured by a manifold pressure sensor it will go into fault mode, this can be caused as said above, A leak in the intake system or more probable as the van has stood for a few years your turbo wastegate has seized or an issue with the wastegate control mechanics,
IMG_0821.png

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Yes it’s the same wastegate as mine 2.8jtd mine was sticking got it free but turned out not to be the problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
See also post #797.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Yup, that's why I posted my experience in case he didn't believe you! :LOL:

Yes it’s the same wastegate as mine 2.8jtd mine was sticking got it free but turned out not to be the problem.
Was that mentioned earlier in the thread? I canna remember as I've read so much! :giggle: It's certainly something to check first though if not ... we discovered the issue on out first 'proper' MH, an Elddis Autoquest 320, which we were looking to buy. Fortunately we knew someone who had the 400 model of the same vintage and he'd told us of a problem he'd had which turned out to be a sticking waste gate, so when we found out from the seller that it was doing this same thing, no 'oomph' over 60 mph, it was check and found to be stuck - the seller said he'd never gone over 60 mph as he thought that's all it would do! :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tam I have to say you've got a lovely quality MH there, I absolutely love the interior, the blue leather is really, really classy ... you're gonna have to buy some new clothes to not 'let the side down'! 😁

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Tam.I don't know if you have same engine as my 2004 Fiat 2.8jtd.But I had the same problem. Red light on when Climbing inclines. Mine was a sticking wastegate. My mechanic loosened it off and every time I get it serviced he checks that it's still clear. Not had any issues since.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back