The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (53 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
The valve on the heat exchanger is a Ballofix type , it is an o-ring on the shaft , it’s a common problem when used on heating / hot water systems , moving it is not advisable, it may re seat but more likely to aggravate an already perished o-ring
As a plumber I’ve seen hundreds like this

Even if re seated with movement it needs replaced as it is a leak that won’t go away

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The valve on the heat exchanger is a Ballofix type , it is an o-ring on the shaft , it’s a common problem when used on heating / hot water systems , moving it is not advisable, it may re seat but more likely to aggravate an already perished o-ring
As a plumber I’ve seen hundreds like this

Even if re seated with movement it needs replaced as it is a leak that won’t go away
Yes I think replacement is the plan . Hopefully I can get it off and fit a new one without damaging anything else.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have found that this type of valves, unless moved fairly often, tends to seize in one position and, when one tries to release it, it either leaks or breaks! 😡
Yes I think that's what's caused it. It was in the on position when I collected the van and we were getting cooked driving it so I turned it off. Now it has a slight leak.

I'd rather fix it now than in the colder weather when I really want the heat exchanger working

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back