The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (42 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Have you tried any proper lock lube instead of wd40 on that generator door?
No just wd40 Paul which usually frees anything. I'm not sure if it's seized or if I just don't have the correct key for it. It's a zadi lock and I do have 2 zadi keys that don't seem to open anything else so i assumed that was the key . But neither that key or the one that does the doors and lockers etc attempts to unlock the generator door.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
In other news I cannot get the lock on the generator door to open .. already damaged one key trying . Have wd40'd it over 2 days now and it's either siezed or I don't have the right key.

I also can't get the locks on the fiamma door security locks to operate.

🤷‍♂️

I may have to drill the lock out the generator and fit a new one .
Which doors the genny door

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
No just wd40 Paul which usually frees anything. I'm not sure if it's seized or if I just don't have the correct key for it. It's a zadi lock and I do have 2 zadi keys that don't seem to open anything else so i assumed that was the key . But neither that key or the one that does the doors and lockers etc attempts to unlock the generator door.
The insides of lock will be full of crap that stick to the lube people use on them.
If you have a jet wash try blasting in the lock centre, wedge the slide cap back first

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a way to pass an evening .. sanding by hand
Hope you remembered to vacuum the grass afterwards! :giggle: Don't want Smiffy getting a load of paint flakes sticking to his pants ... or worse :eek: ... especially with the dog hairs, although it could be a modern take on being 'tarred and feathered'! 😄

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Jan 9, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
I was told never to use WD 40 on plastic, nylon, etc, because the WD 40 causes the plastic/nylon parts to swell … and never put Lithium grease near a lock. Don’t ask how I know. Silicone spray seems to be good.

I had a similar problem with Zadi locks. I could unlock the locks, but the mechanisms were sticking and they weren’t throwing the handles out so I couldn’t turn the locks to their Open position. I managed to fiddle with each of the locks and eventually got them to open. Once I had a lock dismantled, I sanded down the nylon cylinder which runs inside the metal tube. This restored the clearance between these two parts. I also had an issue with old Lithium grease lubricant hardening up and clogging up the small parts of the lock’s release latch mechanism.
WARNING. Be very careful when disassembling the lock. It really is worth getting a proper pair of circlip removal and replacement pliers, and a set of safety goggles. You only have one pair of eyes and you don’t get second chances with circlips. Also beware when dismantling the nylon cylinder from the metal tube. The release latch mechanism has a spring loaded part which fires off like a bullet.

This was my tale of woe …

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Tyres on new wheels

Looks like an old tractor now lol View attachment 949042View attachment 949043View attachment 949044

Hole in inner wheel arch ? ...where ? 😉 View attachment 949045View attachment 949046

That's one less advisory next year . Filled sealed inside and out and painted. Should be good now.

View attachment 949047

Got another wheel to clean up and paint now and will be kept as a spare. View attachment 949048

Tried a bit of panel wipe on the white underside of van ...it cleans off the underseal so who knows if I'm bored I might clean all that up later ,although I think the centre section would be impossible View attachment 949049
Big improvement but I would get rid of those valve extensions, they're notorious for leaking.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Iirc its a tec29, same as ours, the lock does need a bit of coaxing, the key has a round black top with an I in a circle on it

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Iirc its a tec29, same as ours, the lock does need a bit of coaxing, the key has a round black top with an I in a circle on it
That's the key i thought was the one. The lock is well stuck then as nearly snapped one of the keys already.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Now it’s looking more like a FLAIR looks realy good ,if you want a colour for the bumpers it’s anthracite 👍
Cheers Brian. I'm hoping the morrocans can match it well as only the front bumper and front wheel arches need painting really , all the side skirts and rear bumper are perfect. The graphic strip above the skirt on the lhs is a bit faded too and the drivers door needs repainted but otherwise it's pretty mint

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are they all the same key? My gas tank key is identical but different number
I have one key that does all the lockers ,garage , drivers door etc . One key for ignition, one for petrol cap for generator and that one key that's round with the l in the middle that's it. 4 in total. 2 of which seem to be just for genny and petrol tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
The paint codes are in the wardrobe IMG_0068.jpeg
IMG_0310.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Up to you but if I was making the decision I would be ditching them and fitting tyrepal.
We had the same set up on the Flair Jon, I changed all the pipes when we got it as I put the inline tyre-pal sensors but had no bother with the extensions, the trouble on the Palace was the brass fittings rotting the Aluminium valve stems not the extensions per se.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Up to you but if I was making the decision I would be ditching them and fitting tyrepal.
Won’t leak Tam… if there done properly….
Mine used to leak… Now Don’t… how else can you pump up Dually’s???
We had the same set up on the Flair Jon, I changed all the pipes when we got it as I put the inline tyre-pal sensors but had no bother with the extensions, the trouble on the Palace was the brass fittings rotting the Aluminium valve stems not the extensions per se.
I found a bundle of spare extensions in one of the lockers of the van. They're all Michelin ones . The ones on the front seemed to be keeping the pressure OK but they looked very old so I took 2 new ones with me to get tyres swapped and I had the tyre guy fit them on and leak tested them along with the tyre . I tried a set on the rear of moby but they let tyre down so I removed them again but these look better quality. I'll see how I get on with them as they do make checking tyre pressures easier and they're adapted in to the stainless hub caps on this van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back