The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (95 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Fridge is now settled at 8° and freezer at -8° at setting number 3 .. Nice and cold in there now.
Thanks Ian it all seems to be up and running now anyway , I didn't doubt you I've just had rotten luck with fridges so far 😁
If you put frozen stuff in then the temp should get a lot lower

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Just pop out for doc appt for 30 mins and you need a cuppa to get you through it. I’m really pleased it’s going well. It’s just a shame about the rain and you can’t get on and do the outside jobs tomorrow should be better.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Was there any mice under the dash?
No mice in there now but traces that there has been in the past..I think the buggers have been everywhere in it .

Fortunately bar the mess from bits of chewed up insulation here and there and that bit on the water tank they'd nibbled I've not found any other damage . Yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The engine has the dreaded red flashing injector light when it comes to hills etc .. could be a number of different possibilities but I don't think it's anything too serious it will just be finding the sensor responsible most likely.
We experienced the same on the way down through Spain last winter Tam. She'd be fine on the flat, but once we started climbing a gradient, she'd lose power, and the injector lamp would flash. It turned out to be a leak on the Turbo Boost hose from the intercooler, (Iveco 60C 17), so had it replaced at Iveco Blanes.

HTH,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We experienced the same on the way down through Spain last winter Tam. She'd be fine on the flat, but once we started climbing a gradient, she'd lose power, and the injector lamp would flash. It turned out to be a leak on the Turbo Boost hose from the intercooler, (Iveco 60C 17), so had it replaced at Iveco Blanes.

HTH,

Yeah it might well be something simple on this , even possible it's something the garage that did the cambelt hasn't put back on properly.. finding it's the biggest problem.

Gareth the guy I bought it from was adamant he'd never seen that light flash any time he'd driven it. Of course I don't trust him now but maybe it wasn't on .. I can't see how he could have driven it the distances he did for both mot and cambelt and it not have came on ....unless it was something that happened after the belt was done.

It doesn't have a regular obd port either which makes it more difficult for me to check myself .

Mine is a 60c 15

What year is your van jock?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
What year is your van jock?
2006 Tam. My HGV mechanic pal back in the UK guided me in the right direction as to the fault when I phoned him, but I just couldn't find it, not even with Rita on the accelerator, building up the revs to 3000rpm. :(
It was a diagnostic check by Iveco Blanes, via the OBD port that found it, but my pal was absolutely spot on with his diagnosis. (y)

Cheers,

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
Yeah it might well be something simple on this , even possible it's something the garage that did the cambelt hasn't put back on properly.. finding it's the biggest problem.

Gareth the guy I bought it from was adamant he'd never seen that light flash any time he'd driven it. Of course I don't trust him now but maybe it wasn't on .. I can't see how he could have driven it the distances he did for both mot and cambelt and it not have came on ....unless it was something that happened after the belt was done.
Tam - The last thing I want to do is add to your stress levels - but are you positive the cam belts have been done as claimed?? Copy invoices for records etc?

Asking - cos your man Gareth seems to me a complete chancer🥴. Maybe that’s harsh but it’s just the way I’m reading it at a distance.

On the positive side - superb job of van restoration you two are doing with a little help from your online friends. Full respect!!

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Ah ha. I found you and you're on to page 23 without me already.
Where are you working on it and are you living in it?
Looks good. comfortable and roomy for all of you.
Steph
When I leave this thread I make a note of the page number I was up to and the post number. It's so fast moving it's the only way I can keep up :giggle:(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam - The last thing I want to do is add to your stress levels - but are you positive the cam belts have been done as claimed?? Copy invoices for records etc?

Asking - cos your man Gareth seems to me a complete chancer🥴. Maybe that’s harsh but it’s just the way I’m reading it at a distance.

On the positive side - superb job of van restoration you two are doing with a little help from your online friends. Full respect!!
I have the invoice he gave me for it . I know they never changed the auxiliary belts but the invoice has the cambelt change on it.

Can't physically check it without taking the covers off and it's not easy to access those either.

I will get around to phoning that garage and the mot garage at somepoint
20240828_123402_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240828_123344_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I hope Tam can get onto the oily bits soon, I hate all these warning lights that can show up and point towards a great number of things that all need checking/replacing until the actual cause is discovered, we see it happening so often thesedays. The light coming on when going uphill or when engine is needing to work harder, should be enough of a clue. but its not in so many cases.
I hope that changing all the fuel/air filters, plus checking the injector wiring loom connections will solve the problem.
Question: Why did Uncle Lenny's new van need its wheel hubs greased, was it the wheel bearings, or brake callipers?
Good luck, chuffed the new Fridge Freezer is working well.
You must know the way to the local tip well by now.;)
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope Tam can get onto the oily bits soon, I hate all these warning lights that can show up and point towards a great number of things that all need checking/replacing until the actual cause is discovered, we see it happening so often thesedays. The light coming on when going uphill or when engine is needing to work harder, should be enough of a clue. but its not in so many cases.
I hope that changing all the fuel/air filters, plus checking the injector wiring loom connections will solve the problem.
Question: Why did Uncle Lenny's new van need its wheel hubs greased, was it the wheel bearings, or brake callipers?
Good luck, chuffed the new Fridge Freezer is working well.
You must know the way to the local tip well by now.;)
LES
Alloy wheels notorious for sticking to the hub if you don't put a smear of grease round them.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right then so I'm gonna be ordering my electrical bits.

Getting me victron from ebay as they're the best priced

50amp victron b2b
100/30 solar controller .

Solar panel from city plumbing

The battery is the hard part

I can get a 300ah fogstar drift from fogstar at £722

Or I can buy a 280ah eco worthy at £495
With the eco worthy I'd need to fit a shunt so I can see what the battery is doing etc.

Anyone on here fitted/used eco worthy ?

They get Good reviews online for sure.

And I guess if I needed more power later I can add a second one .

But honestly I'm not sure I'd need to .

Baring in mind I will have b2b and possibly generator as back up to solar .

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Right then so I'm gonna be ordering my electrical bits.

Getting me victron from ebay as they're the best priced

50amp victron b2b
100/30 solar controller .

Solar panel from city plumbing

The battery is the hard part

I can get a 300ah fogstar drift from fogstar at £722

Or I can buy a 280ah eco worthy at £495
With the eco worthy I'd need to fit a shunt so I can see what the battery is doing etc.

Anyone on here fitted/used eco worthy ?

They get Good reviews online for sure.

And I guess if I needed more power later I can add a second one .

But honestly I'm not sure I'd need to .

Baring in mind I will have b2b and possibly generator as back up to solar .
It’s a plan. Which lithium has Lenny HB suggested I can’t recall. Looking back memory says more. Whatever presumably yes you could add more, but how difficult I don’t know.

Carol

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
The invoice for the cam belt looks iffy to me ,just looks like something to appease you , parts are usually added , then labour , then vat , same as the mot invoice ,
I would ask for a copy of their parts purchase invoice , that will tell you that they bought the parts , easy for them to email a copy to you , just say it’s for your maintenance records

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s a plan. Which lithium has Lenny HB suggested I can’t recall. Looking back memory says more. Whatever presumably yes you could add more, but how difficult I don’t know.

Carol
Without a compressor fridge I don't see the need for more at the minute .
The biggest difference between this van and mobys power usage is the heating as moby had a gas fire using no power whereas this has an alde

But moby had a single 105ah battery so I'd have 3 times that roughly with a 280/300ah

Lenny HB main concern about eco worthy is the lack of a UK base .
But there are literally hundreds of reviews online for them so they can't all be wrong.
I've had no issues with my own fogstar in moby but I have heard others on here having issues with them
Like every brand some do have issues...but many don't.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The invoice for the cam belt looks iffy to me ,just looks like something to appease you , parts are usually added , then labour , then vat , same as the mot invoice ,
I would ask for a copy of their parts purchase invoice , that will tell you that they bought the parts , easy for them to email a copy to you , just say it’s for your maintenance records
It's possible. I did think it was a very basic invoice but I guess it depends on their relationship with the seller.

I am going to phone and speak to them about it.

If I remember actually I'll do that tomorrow

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back