Prostate cancer. A useful resource. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
had my meeting today and was told i was now free of cancer with a psa reading of 0.02 i will stay on hormones for 18 months with a blood test every 6 months, very happy with that and only 8 months from diagnose to being free of it. just hope the bowls and bladder recover fully
You do get a sense of elation as i did 0.02 is very very good , did the oncologist say magic figure of 2 from nadir and NO SPIKES allowed at 6 monthly tests .
image.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
had my meeting today and was told i was now free of cancer with a psa reading of 0.02 i will stay on hormones for 18 months with a blood test every 6 months, very happy with that and only 8 months from diagnose to being free of it. just hope the bowls and bladder recover fully

Brilliant news and rapid reaction by your health authority, I am 7 months post diagnosis and starting my RT next month

I have today got the CT scan sorted, although apparently some ‘wind’ moved right at the end and they think the consultant might want it redoing 🙄🤔

Got the results of my PSA done last week, down to 0.2 which is as they would expect at this stage 👍

MRI tomorrow then a 2 week gap, I am planning a few days away and hoping they don’t want the CT scan redoing , but the nurse did say just go tell them you are away 👍

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Great to hear.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
This thread is excellent at highlighting the differences across the country regarding initial GP response to PSA testing/referral and subsequent intervention and treatment by the hospital.
I’m very happy with my GP practice and the local Trust for how they manage Cancer care, I can’t fault a single thing and that’s high praise from an ex senior nurse.
Wish i still lived up there knowing this

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp

Wow I might make it inside 18 months. Oh wait a minute. It's been 18 months already.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i was told i could stop the injections which i detest but he did not advise it so i will carry on for the 18 to 24 months as i have don 8 months already

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is rather

Hoping your biopsy results / Gleason scores were at least low

The worst bit of my diagnosis was the day of diagnosis , but then the delays with nothing happening have really played with my head

Are you literally on watch and wait or have you had any hormone injections ?

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Hoping your biopsy results / Gleason scores were at least low

The worst bit of my diagnosis was the day of diagnosis , but then the delays with nothing happening have really played with my head

Are you literally on watch and wait or have you had any hormone injections ?

Hormone treatment started at the turn of the year. I have now received a form telling me i need to get another PSA test in preparation for the pre planning appointment. That's the meeting before the RT planning CT scan. Getting closer by the day.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Hormone treatment started at the turn of the year. I have now received a form telling me i need to get another PSA test in preparation for the pre planning appointment. That's the meeting before the RT planning CT scan. Getting closer by the day.
This is when you get your 3 little tattoos

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Although I read the 5:6 fact on PCUK web site , based on comments here none of us have been lucky enough yet 🤔 maybe outdated, they can maybe better predict before doing biopsy now 🤔🙏
Still waiting for results, two weeks and two days now……, blood in urine went after 2/3 days after biopsy but then over the last two days there was blood again at the start., has now stopped again, anyone else had this?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Still waiting for results, two weeks and two days now……, blood in urine went after 2/3 days after biopsy but then over the last two days there was blood again at the start., has now stopped again, anyone else had this?

Every time I go in for anything they ask amongst many other questions ‘blood in urine?’ So presume it must be qujte common, but not for me since a week after biopsy

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
No problem keeping drinking plenty of water

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back