Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yes had a bust up with Mums next door neighbours, they are the worst neighbours you could ever wish for disgusting people.
Not long after Dad died it was her birthday and about 8 of us went around to see her and took a cake, stood outside even though both me and my sister were looking after her so would normally go in the house.
Few weeks later a letter arrived for her from the police saying she had broken the rules🤬🤬it really upset her and it was 100% the scum next door that reported her🤬🤬they are just sad people and in 5 years mum only see them have about half a dozen visitors.
I don't have many visitors to the house one of the reasons is the noisey neighbours
Their life is theirs and mine is none of their business.
Similar happened near me young mum had first baby so instead of going to her home went to the new grandparents
The partner baby dad was still working so he went home there aswell
4 or 5 times the police were called by the neighbour.

Dec 22, 2016
Willingdon
Funster No
MH
Elddis coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
On a site in the Ile de Re today

No explanation needed 😂

IMG_0787.jpeg

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
It's a bit like the Angles mortes stickers I have been away for 2 months so far around Scandinavia and only seen a handful of vans with them on and 95% of them were 3.5t or under do they put them on to make out their vans feel bigger.🙂

How do you know what weight a van is by just looking?

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It's a bit like the Angles mortes stickers I have been away for 2 months so far around Scandinavia and only seen a handful of vans with them on and 95% of them were 3.5t or under do they put them on to make out their vans feel bigger.🙂

I thought that Angles mortes stickers were only required to be displayed by law in France. 🤔

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Why do people buy an expensive MH then put an illegal number plate on it.
Do they think because they’re got money they can.??

View attachment 911456
I think there are mainly three reasons why people have personalised plates. One, they don't want others to know how old their vehicle is . Two, they think they are a bit special. Three, they dont realise no one gives a monkeys or understands what the significance of the planet might be. Oh I forgot, there was one plate which I believe was owned by Paul Raymond of smutty club and magazine fame = FU 2

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
I think there are mainly three reasons why people have personalised plates. One, they don't want others to know how old their vehicle is . Two, they think they are a bit special. Three, they dont realise no one gives a monkeys or understands what the significance of the planet might be. Oh I forgot, there was one plate which I believe was owned by Paul Raymond of smutty club and magazine fame = FU 2
Or 4 they are having a bit of fun and winding up the sad people who like to whine about private plates🤔🤔
Plenty of things I could whine about but number plates are not on the list plus I have a life so leave the whining to others👍👍

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Or 4 they are having a bit of fun and winding up the sad people who like to whine about private plates🤔🤔
Plenty of things I could whine about but number plates are not on the list plus I have a life so leave the whining to others👍👍
Did I whine = No. Am I sad = No. Do I have a life. = Yes. Am I oversensitive = No. Am I allowed to make a comment = I thought I was. Should I worry someone might not agree = No.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Exp
Since 2021
Do they think because they’re got money they can.??
Why fixate on registration plates, there are so many occations when I think WTF, registration numbers are not one as you have no idea the why/cost.

I think WTF, >£1,000 watches, first class travel, Easyjet/Ryanair priority boarding, Michelin * restaurants, toll roads, Greatest Hit/ITV advert free subscription.
Closer to Motorhome, WTF, multiple £'0000 for Hydraulic Leveling, Lithium.

To quote some in posts "because I can afford to", not a good reason, but that is my personally opinion.
NEED is a good reason.

Full discloser, I pay for Prime and have 3 cherished plates all displayed legally.
1. £400 SO03 XXX (Daughter year of birth & initials
2. £1,900 XX 04 XXX (Partners chav nod to 70's sunscreen visor Wayne 4 Tracy, example DG 04 DEB)
3. £4,000 in 1990 for YY XXX year of birth & initials

If they want to buy things, as posting "because I can afford to", I really can't be bothered with wasting the energy to question their spending choices.
They can either afford it or debut will catch up with then eventually if they couldn't really afford it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
To quote some in posts "because I can afford to", not a good reason, but that is my personally opinion.
NEED is a good reason.
If we all only had what we needed a lot of business would go bust and there would be a lot of miserable people around, "a little of what you fancy is good for you" I thought ;)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I cannot remember a reg number of ant vehicle that includes what I drive presently
I always have to park so I can see it if I have to record it. Meters . Hotel receptions etc.
If I can't I take a photo
Maybe I should have one
PL0 NKA
🤷‍♀️

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Three, they dont realise no one gives a monkeys or understands what the significance of the planet might be.
Based on the evidence of this thread, that is patently untrue.😎

NEED is a good reason.
Interesting statement!

Full discloser, I pay for Prime and have 3 cherished plates all displayed legally.
1. £400 SO03 XXX (Daughter year of birth & initials
You don’t NEED Amazon Prime but have it because you can afford it (I hope).
Your daughter doesn’t NEED a cherished plate, she has it because you can afford to buy it for her.

2. £1,900 XX 04 XXX (Partners chav nod to 70's sunscreen visor Wayne 4 Tracy, example DG 04 DEB)
Your partner doesn’t NEED a cherished plate, she has it because you/she can afford to buy it for her/herself.

3. £4,000 in 1990 for YY XXX year of birth & initials
You don’t NEED a cherished plate, you have it because you can afford to buy it.

However, I’ll not judge you for spending your hard earned as you see fit. 😎

Ian

Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Exp
Since 2021
I cannot remember a reg number of ant vehicle that includes what I drive presently
I always have to park so I can see it if I have to record it. Meters . Hotel receptions etc.
If I can't I take a photo
Maybe I should have one
PL0 NKA
🤷‍♀️
I'll claim it as my super power then, or sad, I can recall every registration owned by my late parents from mid 70's & later the ones I have owned.
Discloser I've had the same plate 30+ years but remeber the others before I bought it.
Mid 70's, I was 8ish , Hilman Super Mnix EUC 476E.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
My first scooter. DDV 12C
My first company car JUC 635K

Can’t recall any others.🙂

Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Exp
Since 2021

Interesting statement!

Your daughter doesn’t NEED a cherished plate, she has it because you can afford to buy it for her.

Your partner doesn’t NEED a cherished plate, she has it because you/she can afford to buy it for her/herself.

Ian
Guilty, poorly worded.
I was trying to say if someone can afford it then, personal choice.
Some chose to dispay "appareant wealth" but can't actually afford it.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp

Interesting statement!

Ian
Of course you base that only on the evidence go this thread, people who have a vested interest perhaps. The general public might not agree since they, based on vehicles everyone may see on a daily basis, generally do not bother with personalised plates.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Of course you base that only on the evidence go this thread, people who have a vested interest perhaps. The general public might not agree since they, based on vehicles everyone may see on a daily basis, generally do not bother with personalised plates.

On the contrary, I was suggesting that this thread has attracted a lot of interest from those who don’t have personalised plates and who are all keen to let those who do, know what their views are. 👍

Ian

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
I'll claim it as my super power then, or sad, I can recall every registration owned by my late parents from mid 70's & later the ones I have owned.
Discloser I've had the same plate 30+ years but remeber the others before I bought it.
Mid 70's, I was 8ish , Hilman Super Mnix EUC 476E.

My first scooter. DDV 12C
My first company car JUC 635K

Can’t recall any others.🙂

I could quote you all of ours and my dad's old estate cars, but then you would know all my passwords :rofl:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ok I’ll reply :rofl:

As I said before. I don’t care what other people think/whether they recognise it or not/whether they like it or not.

I saw it, it made me smile, I wanted it, I bought it. I do admit to it being a weak moment, while watching Eurovision, having had a couple of glasses of Rioja though … :rofl:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp

As I said before. I don’t care what other people think/whether they recognise it or not/whether they like it or not.

I saw it, it made me smile, I wanted it, I bought it. I do admit to it being a weak moment, while watching Eurovision, having had a couple of glasses of Rioja though … :rofl:
Oh no now you've started a euro vision debate
Never watch it many love it some even have parties 🥳

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It’s view but how else to enforce a national standard ? Should we have a local Mayor and locals to report the offending plate?

There has to be some rule of law or it would be the Wild West tiny plates with a 12 font as people do not want a number plate spoil the lines of their vehicle. If that was allowed I would have had them on several of my vehicles

I would much prefer traffic attending the many traveler camps and checking for mot, tax and insurance for starters.

Non standard plates are down the list of priorities for me and I dare say many others.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Was the weakness watching Eurovision or buying the plate 🤔😂

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Was the weakness watching Eurovision or buying the plate 🤔😂
Definitely Eurovision! 🤣

It was last year when it was held in Liverpool. We’d just that day bought my gorgeous red Aygo from a Funster, the wine was flowing and I was flicking through the available plates while watching a particularly dire song (Blood and Glitter by Lord of the Lost - Germany’s entry) and I saw it - UK11 GER and before I knew I was it’s new owner! :rofl:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just realised daughter and son in law have 'cherished' plates
Marianne.....MAZ 22
Jeremy.........JEZ 22

Hers is a company car
His is a lease car
Not worth putting plates on for just 3 years so both on retention

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The reason for that might be, that some Scandinavian countries have not fully integrated into the EU.

They still have the krona as currency instead of the Euro as one example, there are others! 🤔

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Our police do not respond to burglaries, and forces have made official announcements that they will not respond to theft from shops, even when carried out with menace. So any of you who have a reg letter a cm out of line, or a strategically placed black Jap screw, I think you'll be OK.
Until you have a serious accident, and then, a lot of different agencies can get very interested! 🤔

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Or 5, they buy a van which has a personalised number plate, wot like I did, and can't be bothered to change it! 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back