Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Definitely Eurovision! 🤣

It was last year when it was held in Liverpool. We’d just that day bought my gorgeous red Aygo from a Funster, the wine was flowing and I was flicking through the available plates while watching a particularly dire song (Blood and Glitter by Lord of the Lost - Germany’s entry) and I saw it - UK11 GER and before I knew I was it’s new owner! :rofl:

And I say why not 🤷‍♂️👍😊

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just shows how sad some people live if moaning about an (alleged) illegal number plate is the highlight of their day☹️☹️
If I ever get that sad I hope someone will slap some sense back into me😂😂
Why wait! I'll happily come and give you a good slapping with a wet fish anytime! 😄

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
I agree what does it really matter? Years ago I was overtaken on the M5 by PEN1S. Instantly memorable. Most of them with incorrect spacing it makes them more readable and memorable, not less, and that has to help if there is an issue. ANPR camera's will read them whatever the spacing. The image search logic doesn't care a jot about spaces as it ignores all white or yellow, or at least the ANPR function of the VH car park CCTV does and that's a cheap system. It's the letters and numbers its reading. If it can't decipher it, it stores the whole image and reports so it can be manually reviewed if need be. Once a certain image has been verified and the full reg put in (without spaces) it remembers and correctly attachs it on the next visit.

It's a bit like the pedants that get so worked up about the differences between there and their, or apostrophes in the wrong place. Does it matter providing you know what the person means!
I saw that number plate in Nottingham years ago on a Porsche. I thought it was brilliant.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hey you!:swear2:

How come it's always some other guy that gets all the great offers from you?:crying:

Can you, at least, tell me where I am in the queue?:pray:

Be like the rest of us, wait until 19.00 sharp on Sunday! 😄

I think that's how Emmit does it! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hey you!:swear2:

How come it's always some other guy that gets all the great offers from you?:crying:

Can you, at least, tell me where I am in the queue?:pray:
Unfortunately I haven't been able to catch the right kind of fish for your 'special' slapping. We don't get many puffer and lionfish round these 'er parts. 😄

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not sure about the plates but would tinted windows be a modification to the vehicle that would have to be declared to your insurer as a material fact to enable them to assess risk?
Yes especially forward of the 'B' pillar and allowing light transmission less than the allowed percentage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back