Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
So sorry to here this Mo.Like others have said on here.I don't have any word's. You made me chuckle with your jokes.And loved the banter folks have had with you over the years. Take care Mo.

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
We haven't met, but like so many others I found your post very moving, sad and brave. Very best wishes.

Jan 9, 2022
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G732
Exp
Total Newbie
I don't know you or have ever met you but your post has really bought a lump to my throat.
I know there is nothing that can be said to make the situation any better but your selflessness and thought for others are rare qualities these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sorry to read this post Maurice sending love to you and Judy and you are and always will be old-mo Extra Special Funsters for so many reasons . I do hope you keep posting for a while longer.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So sorry to read this thread, We have never met you but have read your posts since we joined this mob in 2013.

We have had a couple of bad years, health wise, but nothing like yours. We wish you both well and, yesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

ā€¦ā€¦We have even laughed at your jokes!šŸ¤£

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
24 Years
Back in the UK I read your letter What can I say I don't know. Its been a pleasure reading your threads Jokes and your ever lasting Kindness. See you on the Other Side Mo :hugs:

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hello Mo. like so many other members have said, we've actually never met, although through your many postings and especially the jokes I feel that we have. Ever since you posted the sad news last Thursday I've been trying to think of the right words to say.

All I can think of is, thanks for the memories, Mo. Time to put your feet up and enjoy your time with Judy. God Bless you both.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Dear Mr Mo, never was forward enough to call you by your first name , but have loved your posts and ( clean ) jokes that I shared with my grandson. Sorry to be late replying to your post, even sorrier to read it. Admiration for your courage and fortitude could not be greater, a life well lived and you are obviously well loved in the forum , and I hope in real life too. I hope you and Judy have taken comfort from the support from friends and friends you have not met . May the road rise up to greet you and the spirits hold you close.šŸ’•

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Hello mo
I dont know you personally ,but have read lots of your posts,and jokes,
Please take care , all the best luv pampam

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Such very sad news.

I canā€™t put it any better than Jim already has, so I will simply wish you all the very best as you run the final laps of lifeā€™s journey. I hope that it all goes as well for you as it possibly can.

:hugs:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Will always regret not coming over to meet you when you had the CL in Stafford.
Always enjoyed your posts - except this one......Best wishes to you both
Vic

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ā˜˜
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ā›±
Exp
Since 1980s
There are probably dozens if not more funsters that have read this post and like myself have not known just what to say or how to say it to you but I'd just like to say, like many others i have never met you but have often read your posts & your jokes and know how loved you are on here in this MHF community and that in itself says more about you than all your other posts put together, so not only as a fellow funster but more importantly as a fellow human being I hope you find peace, courage & strength on your final chapter and I think it's safe to say the name old-mo will adorn these pages of MHF for a very long time to come which again speaks volumes about the person you are, lots of love from another who has never met you Mo ā¤
Paul

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*
So sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you and hope you have a good outcome for Daisy
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

So sorry to hear this. {{{HUGS}}}

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
So sorry old-mo for you and Judy. We've never met but whenever your name has come up on a post I've had to read it knowing it will be full of jokes, interest and reflection on life. Sad about Daisy but you're probably right to be thinking of the best for her too. Hope you find the best place for her to continue living her best life.
Steph and John

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Where do I start !!!!!

Really sad to read this, heaps of love to you and Judy look after yourself and make the best of what you have left, have enjoyed reading your posts over the years, big hugs to you both....

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Nothing really that one stranger can say to another on the Internet in response to a post like this other than best wishes . Like many I've never met you but I have seen many of your posts over the years and can tell you are one of the good ones. Your jokes however are not so good it has to be said šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. The joke book should definitely be something you take with you to let the other side experience what we have.

Wishing you , Judy and daisy the best possible times ahead.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Old Mo, while following your posts in the recent past we have admired the strength of spirit and resolve of both yourself and Judy. You have both been facing the worst that health issues can throw at people, yet you still managed to raise our spirits by your continuing to face what is coming by just getting on and adapting to the next hurdle, and being ready for the next one. That is why this news is so sad as well, the memories of your support for all of us over the years in so many different ways is our loss.
One memory in particicular will stick with us - and that is your ability to wear stockings (part of a fancy dress at a Weymouth funsters gathering in case anyone was wondering), with seams absolutely perfectly straight - definitely a skill you could have gone on to teach had stocking wearing reappeared as a fashion statement again (now that would have given you some fun). Your organisation of that gathering (getting people together with so many activities) was one of the best we have been on, just big enough for us to be able to meet to us many new faces who we have had great times with over the subsequent years.
We hope you can be comfortable, especially as you welcome Judy home.
Best wishes and like so many our thoughts are with you both.
Margaret and Eddie.

Feb 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 2019
Hoping that you'll be able to do some special things with loved ones in the coming months.
Blessings, Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back