One of my last postings..... (59 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We can only say what everyone else is saying. We never got to meet but I've always enjoyed your posts. Blimey who are Gellyneck and I going to take the mickey out of for the jokes?

Chin up and enjoy the time you have with Judy and Daisy and, even you can, with us on here. ❤️

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Very sorry to hear the latest news, Mo. Thanks from Sandra and I for making us (and no doubt many other Funsters too) welcome at your CL the couple of times we visited. Look after yourselves going forward from here. Say hello to Daisy from us.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Your stoicism is an inspiration to us all Mo.
A friend of mine, up until recently used to foster and rehome German Shepherds for the GS charity Second Chances. It's mainly a Northern England/Scotland organisation, but I can ask him if he has any contacts for the Weymouth area if you like ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We had to think long and hard on how to respond Auld Yin but finally had to give up as there is very little we could add to all the previous best wishes from your Funster family friends.

You know we all will miss you badly and I, personally, can only wish you and Judy a peaceful remaining time together.

We've had a fair bit of banter over the last few years and I know, hopefully, you'd be disappointed if I failed to keep up the tradition so ...........

I did notice you have no plans for the joke stone tablets and I would gladly take them off your hands as I'm needing some rubble infill for under some new concrete I'm about to lay.

Despite never having met it is an absolute privilege for me to view you as one of my bestest buddys!

I just wish I could be as brave as you, Auld Yin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Wow Mo! Really sorry to hear your news, I hope you have ticked off all you wanted to do on your ‘bucket list’ and if you haven’t get out there and do it now, though you might struggle to get insurance for a sky dive and Bungee jump off the Severn Bridge 😜
I sincerely hope you have all your family close and you do not suffer, and remember one of your legacies will always be seen here in MH fun for generations to come 🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Truly sorry to hear the news. Few people really leave a mark but the words of others on here, that know you better, confirms that you are one of the few.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Oh Mo, (old-mo ) I can fully understand your situation.

I haven't posted previously much about my wife, but she was asked to make a decision at her most recent consultation on 23 May - stop chemotherapy or to move to a more aggressive form involving one day at the hospital for two weeks then two days of treatment at home, with no guarantee of success. We made the decision within five minutes of arriving home. We thought we might manage a few weeks together so we could travel a little including a UK trip, but it wasn't to be. I said my final farewell to my Elaine last Friday.

I recall our meeting a couple of times at the camp site in Champagnac-la-Riviere, including the bbq. I have even chuckled (just once or twice) at the offerings from your historical "joke" book.

Please try to make the most of the time you have left with Judy. I know it is very precious.

John

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Sorry to hear this Mo. The times me and Nikki have spent with you at shows and at your different houses have been laughs all the time. Love to you both. 👍

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well it was a pleasure to know both you and Judy Mo and we all have some great memories of your antics, never to be repeated,
All we can say is We’re thinking about both of you.

S & D XX

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
As already said, we have sadly never met but your presence will be truly missed even though the same cannot be said for your jokes! 🤭 Sending a hug to you both, you are in our thoughts ❤️

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I'm so sorry to read this Mo. I remember the last time I saw you when you surprised everyone by joining the meet at Bridport, it was lovely to see you both & Daisy of course.

You and Judy have been through more than your fair share of tough times yet both of you always had a smile and were so kind & welcoming to everyone. The two of you made Les's & my 1st meet at Bagwell very easy & I've got lots of happy memories of those times.

Wishing you & Judy all the very best, cherish every day.

Sending lots of love & hugs

Debs & Rob (ram)
Xxx

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For those who have never met Mo, here is one story to get the measure of the man.

We were all in Spain and Mo and Judy bought 45 people a chicken dinner and wouldn't let anyone pay a cent. Then later Mo entertained us all dancing and wearing various wigs :D.

mo-chicken.jpg

mo-chicken2.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh Mo-Mo ... as already mentioned I'm sure many of us knew this time was coming but it's never easy when it actually does ... I can't find words to relay fully how sad this makes me and how much you'll be missed.

Please keep posting if you can as I don't know how some funsters will cope with a sudden 'stop' to you posting jokes ... a gradual withdrawal means the might be able to cope.

Joking aside, please take as much care as you can, accept help that's offered as there's no need to 'put up' with things in case you bother anyone, you certainly won't be and deserve every bit of comfort and love you can get. That goes for Judy and Daisy dog too.

💔

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am lost for words Mo. You are one of those people who I will think about a lot over the years and always with very fond memories. I really don't know what more to say other than you will be missed a very great deal :(

Take care Mo, and know that you are loved.

PS: I am one of the few who will miss your jokes and is not ashamed to admit it. They cheered me up on more than one occassion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back