One of my last postings..... (42 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
We have never met but I have enjoyed your posts and those jokes. I feel I can empathise with your current situation as both my wife (breast cancer) and I (malignant melanoma) have endured what it takes to try to fight cancer and the toll it takes on a day to day basis. The treatment, appointments, scans etc. are neverending and impinge on your daily life at a time (retirement) when you should be enjoying life. No one knows what it is like until it comes your way like a tsunami of emotion.

Enjoy the time you have together and don't be too proud to ask for help.

P.S. there aren't too many people on this forum who have the best part of 100000 likes which says it all really.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I’m so very sorry to read this 😢 thinking of you both xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear your news. I’ve never met you but wish I had. Have enjoyed your posts (and jokes) and can sense how important you are to the forum and what a very special sort of person you are. Thoughts very much with you for a fair wind on your next journey . . .

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
14 years with an RV
Chris and me are stuck for words Mo.

We remember our first meeting at your 70th birthday party in Spain. We couldn't stay for the do, and moved on to Marjal.

A day or two later, we were greeted by some twat on a mobility scooter, circling around our fifth wheel trailer shouting, "is the kettle on"? You had followed us, or stalked us, along with Larry and Wyn. I never did get paid for those cuppa's, by the way! And tea bags aint cheap!

That evening we all went for a lovely Chinese meal together, and had a real laugh. Fond memories.

Meeting you again at your own CL in Staffordshire, we knew you and Judi were both special.

You both have had some traumatic occasions in your lifetime, and you both coped admirably, where others would have fallen by the wayside.

We thank you and Judi for welcoming us into your lives, and for being a nutter. I hope you both can smile together at what you have both achieved, and the unforgetable impact you have had on many peoples lives.

You are both such lovely people, if the world consisted of people like you two, it would be a far, far, better place.

One for you Mo:

"A friend of ours stutters terribly, and he was telling us about his nana,
by the time he had finished, we were all singing, "Hey Jude"!

Bless you Mo and Judi. xxxx

Craig and Chris xxxx

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*
It has been a pleasure and honour to call you our friend Mo
As Jim said, no matter if you are posting or not, you Judy are right there in so many folks thoughts, hearts and memories mate

You made a big positive difference to a lot of peoples lives.. Aint many folk who can say that...

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Can't add to what has already been said. Would have loved to have met you, my kind of guy i think.
Thinking of you.
PS any chance i can have your joke book:notworthy:

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
What a brave, honest and likeable man you really are. Can't think of anything which will help at this time other than I respect and admire your candid reality accepting spirit.Thank you for all the good times you've shared and created
Ian and Ashley

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
old-mo , i wish we'd have been on here earlier to have met and witnessed some of the laughs in person. The meets and personal jokes sound an absolute hoot and I'm loving the pics. As it is, we've had to make do with the joke book! Sending you both loads of love, stay strong for each other xx
Penny

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Dear Old Mo,

Words cannot express the deep gratitude and admiration we all feel for you. Throughout your long period of poor health , you've shown immense strength, courage, and an unwavering spirit and sense of humour that has touched each and every one of us.

Please know that whether you are posting or not, you are in our thoughts and hearts. Your presence on MHFun has made a lasting impact, and your legacy of positivity, humour and resilience will continue to inspire us.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, for the laughs, the wisdom, and the unwavering support you've given so selflessly. We are all better for having known you, and your spirit will forever be a part of Motorhomefun.

With deepest respect and affection.

Jim, Siân and The Funsters xx

PS: As you move into palliative care, I know those Marie Curie nurses will be made to giggle. But make sure you are in proper PJs for their visits and not your Bikini

View attachment 918871
I couldn’t have said it any better old-mo 😢

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Thank you Mo for your post and for letting us know your sad news. Thankyou for the good times you made happen for many of us. Thank you for the laughs and the fun and for hosting us in your paddock. What a man- you even managed to con me into paying you to let me mow your paddock. How did that happen?
Love to you and Judy and I am sure you will find a good home for Daisy.
You may remember selling me your trailer a couple of years ago, albeit an exorbitant price. She is still going strong and will now be named Old-Mo in your honour.
Jim ‘s words say it all and Alice and I will be thinking fondly of you for many years to come.
Thank you Mo

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
It's very difficult to add anything here.
I see that you have left a deep mark on this community.
There must be a good reason for it. Something to be proud of.
Best wishes.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Mo we loved staying in your paddock too, made some lovely friendships, admired your beautiful old car and meeting you again in the fields at Bridport.
Wish we had met you more. Thought I had a photo of the 3 of you. Like snapping royalty!
1720160794867.jpeg

So sorry you keep having to navigate such tough tough times. 💗 xx

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Dear Mo, I hope you and Judy are feeling as much love being returned to you, as you've given.
Thank you for being you, you've added a whole heap of joy to the world.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
old-mo You have been immortalised on this forum and probably in lots of other places as well. Thanks for all the fun you've brought to us all. Wishing you and Judy and Daisy joy over the next few months if anyone can make the most of them it will be you..

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
Hi old-mo , Mo , only just seen this , so so sorry mate , I will thinking of you & Judy , I always remember your great rally at Bagwell farm ,
Seems everything that can be said has already been said , but all the best mo , really mean that .
Hope the time remaining for you is as comfortable as possible . You are in my prayers .
Terry

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My thoughts are with you all xxx

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I too really have no words other than to agree with all the sentiments written before me. ❤️❤️

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I've never met you either Old-Mo although I feel like I know you through your posts.I really feel like I've missed out on knowing you personally. I hope your remaining time with us is comfortable with those wonderful nurses looking after you. As a retired nurse I always remember those special patients and I'm sure you'll be one of them. 😉

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So sorry Mo, not much I can say really I think we all knew you have been on borrowed time for a few years. Just take care and try and enjoy the rest of your time with us.

Only met you once but your jokes have made me groan for many years, keep them coming, they give us all a laugh.

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
So sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you and Judy , hugs to you both xxx

Silvia and John

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Olmo scores for Spain against Germany

He did it for you old-mo 🙂

Keep on looking on the bright side, best wishes to you both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back