Rally Norden Farm Meet, Corfe Castle, Dorset 13-20 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
I was confused, you need to go into accommodation offered, then once you put in M/H you can have as many days as require.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
MH since 2016, caravanning since 1984
Happy New Year everyone! The 10% early booking discount & the Pond Field being held for us all is now over - the good news is that we have pretty much managed to fill it :hi5: Of course anyone can still book at the Campsites standard rates to stay in their other fields nearby & you will be welcome to come over for chats or any gatherings - if you do book please post on here so we know who to look out for :hi::hi:
Hi Wombles, Just to let you know, I have booked into Norden Farm for the Motorhome Fun rally and we will probably be fairly close to the Pond field. We will be at Norden farm from Monday 15th May to Thursday 18 May. Hope to see you then. Chris Humphries and Tracy Lewis

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
We will be there in the black sheep Friday and Saturday, but been relegated to another field (being the black sheep, its quite normal)

So may see you all there :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We will be there in the black sheep Friday and Saturday, but been relegated to another field (being the black sheep, its quite normal)

So may see you all there :)
As with all Funsters wherever you are pitched please wander over & put a few faces to forum names in the Pond Field :hi5: We will be out & about most days but should be back in the evenings & hopefully we will all have some impromptu gatherings depending on the weather.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Hello Norden Farm attendees

I wonder if any of you can assist please… do any of you attending happen to have some hydraulic crimps? With the solar upgrade I’m looking to add, I need to upgrade the cable from the MPPT to the batteries to 16mm2. I need to crimp on the battery terminals on two wires, so literally would like to borrow some crimps for two mins please, if anyone has some they could bring?

Yours hopefully 🤞

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think so Paul… still in Europe at the moment but pretty sure I’ve some copper tube type suitable for 8mm battery bolts and 16mm2 cable.
I'll bring some just in case. (y)

If anybody else wants to make use of the cable crimpers while we are there, then you are more than welcome.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Make the most of this rally as the camping and caravanning club have had to cancel rallies at Norden farm from this year as the council are stopping rallies within the catchment basin of Poole Harbour tributaries and near heathland in Dorset. I fully expect all caravan and motorhome rallies will get the same news

We have been in constant contact with the council and the environment agency for months with pretty much no progress. What is worse is that the issues are spreading with similar reports from Cornwall across to Norfolk. As they say, watch this space

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Make the most of this rally as the camping and caravanning club have had to cancel rallies at Norden farm from this year as the council are stopping rallies within the catchment basin of Poole Harbour tributaries and near heathland in Dorset. I fully expect all caravan and motorhome rallies will get the same news

We have been in constant contact with the council and the environment agency for months with pretty much no progress. What is worse is that the issues are spreading with similar reports from Cornwall across to Norfolk. As they say, watch this space

Good information but it’s made me curious, What’s the rationale behind the banning of rallies?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Thank you for the info. & concern as that's not good news for low cost motorhoming options but this one is not a rally as it is a group rate (early booking discount) for their grass EHU campsite pitches (under their campsite licence) on specified dates with everyone booking direct as a meet so wouldn't be affected by such changes. They campsite does have a couple of rally fields with differing planning restrictions but we aren't using them. Such concerns & complications is one of the reason why currently we run meets not rallies - the same applies at our Highlands End Meet https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...t-booking-open-now-with-discount-code.274670/
Hope the above is reassuring for anyone attending!

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Good information but it’s made me curious, What’s the rationale behind the banning of rallies?
The rationale we have been quoted is that the government and environment agency have instructed local councils to block any application on land adjacent to an SSSI and also quoting nitrate pollution in the soil from grey water. They are specifically hot through the new forest, the solent catchment basin and now the tributaries that feed into Poole harbour.

They have said we can still camp but will have to pay environmental levies. Per unit night, based on the planned number of maximum units for the duration of a rally. On top of that, they want all grey and black waste tankered off site and treated, with the documented evidence supplied to prove this has been done. Basically it will cost more per unit night on some green fields than a commercial site

If the Norden "meet" is as described and not a rally, but on commercial pitches, it won't be affected. We had rallies booked on their rally fields cancelled

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If the Norden "meet" is as described and not a rally, but on commercial pitches, it won't be affected. We had rallies booked on their rally fields cancelled
For the third year our meet is definitely on the campsite pitches under Norden Farm campsite license not on their rally fields.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back