Rally Norden Farm Meet, Corfe Castle, Dorset 13-20 May 2023 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
IMPORTANT CHANGE TO NORDEN FARM MEET FROM THE CAMPSITE MANAGER

Motorhome Fun Club.

The site is wet and we have a lot of rain forecast over night. It is difficult to know at this stage the full extent of the rain and what problems that it may cause.

So, we have decided that we would like the postpone the meet arrival day to Saturday. However, if there are some of you who are already close by and need to be accommodated from Thursday then likely we can accommodate a few, please contact us.

For the majority, arrival Saturday and we have the flexibility to accommodate further on the original meet dates if anyone would like to stay longer.

We are facing unprecedented weather for May since opening this season. Our site & ground conditions are not going to be perfect. So the owners have also decided to offer a roll over of all monies paid to the meet next year, or another stay this season. (Dates for the meet next year to be decided very soon). If you really cannot fit in with any of the options offered, then money paid can be refunded.

We will be contacting you all directly, but ask for your patience whilst we try and deal with other bookings coming on site.

UPDATE FROM WOMBLES

Hopefully the 2024 Norden Farm Meet dates will be 9-16 May but subject to confirmation - will update again shortly so anyone that might want this option can advise the campsite accordingly but fingers crossed most will still choose to join us from Saturday!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 294
Exp
Since 1980's
Hiya, thank you for the update.
Sorry to say none of the options work for us, so we have cancelled our booking with Norden Farm and they are arranging a refund.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Neckender Pete Starling Gaston aires gozomike Tinker2 Sadie2 L' Hobo Brianmor Brella DaveyT lindyloot MajesticBee Gin Bopper Teddy B Holly's mum Royboy3350 MikenPauline Grocklets bigalw35 Larafach Jenben davidroxburgh knuckledragger Springy Clive MalcMc TheTwoOfUs ChrissyW John n Jinny sueandjohn Carpmart Les Dorwyn Antique Oscar Jimbohorlicks Purple2 Scoffsontour Kit44 activecampers

Hi All :hi: - please see the IMPORTANT CHANGE to this meet on post #241 above. We hope that most of you will still join us on new arrival day Saturday 13 May until the Thursday 18/Friday 19 or stay for longer so your booking is still the original 7 nights or more if you wish. Know that some of you might leave on the Thursday for the Warner's Newbury Show but hopefully still think it's worthwhile coming down to Dorset.

Last edited:

Grocklets

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 14, 2021
Badsey, Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Since 2016
We’ll arrive Saturday and so will Springy, but we’ll all have to leave Thursday still due to prior commitments. I guess we’ll have to discuss the funds for the lost two nights with the site? Either use them against another stay or for next year perhaps

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We’ll arrive Saturday and so will Springy, but we’ll all have to leave Thursday still due to prior commitments. I guess we’ll have to discuss the funds for the lost two nights with the site? Either use them against another stay or for next year perhaps
Good to hear that you will all still be coming along :) Still waiting on confirmation (they are a bit busy atm!) for dates for next year but sure the campsite will sort things out for you once they/you are in contact.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi Wombles
Sorry but I too have had to contact Norden Farm and cancel as none of the options work for me I'm afraid.

Hope to see most of you at Swaffham, so until then, enjoy yourselves, drive safely and may the sun be with you! 🙂

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Will arrive Saturday hope forecast not as bad as they say.
Les

Jul 19, 2018
Kent
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Karen and Alan,
Yes I will be able to arrive Saturday and stay until the following Saturday.

Many thanks
Chris

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I’ve just booked Downshay farm at Harmens Cross, down road from Norden farm for information

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We'll go for the Saturday, sorry you're getting grief Wombles
Don't forget to let the campsite know when they contact you if you haven't already (y)

Life happens - just concerned that it doesn't cause too many problems for Funsters & glad that we can all still meet up :)

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Although we weren’t in Pond Field we would have been at the rally. Norden Farm have kindly refunded us for the week.
We will be at Newbury if not too wet and I suspect back to the farm next year. Thanks for your usual commitment to these things Karen and Alan
Regards Bob and Jan

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for all for your replies & messages letting us know what you have sorted with the campsite - please check the list on the first post https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...e-dorset-important-change-please-read.263711/ & let me know if anything needs adding or changing :active:

***************************************************************************************************************
Hi Pete Starling DaveyT Gin Bopper Teddy B Holly's mum Royboy3350 MikenPauline Jenben davidroxburgh knuckledragger Clive Carpmart Antique Oscar Jimbohorlicks Scoffsontour activecampers please let us know what you sort with the campsite when you can - I do like a tidy list!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi , just seen your note re this meet .Will call the site in the morning, we will need a partial refund as prebooked somewhere else between corfe to Topsham.. there is a note on the conversation.
We had no warning from the site BTW.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi , just seen your note re this meet .Will call the site in the morning, we will need a partial refund as prebooked somewhere else between corfe to Topsham.. there is a note on the conversation.
We had no warning from the site BTW.
As mentioned in the Conversation - the decision to move arrival date was only made at lunch time today & the campsite have guests arriving before us that they had to contact first so they have been working through lists all day so I've tried to help by alerting everyone on here so that everyone can work out what is best for them & to try & minimise any inconvenience.
Sure they will get it sorted when you contact them & glad that you are still joining us all (y)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Thank you for all for your replies & messages letting us know what you have sorted with the campsite - please check the list on the first post https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...e-dorset-important-change-please-read.263711/ & let me know if anything needs adding or changing :active:

***************************************************************************************************************
Hi Pete Starling DaveyT Gin Bopper Teddy B Holly's mum Royboy3350 MikenPauline Jenben davidroxburgh knuckledragger Clive Carpmart Antique Oscar Jimbohorlicks Scoffsontour activecampers please let us know what you sort with the campsite when you can - I do like a tidy list!

I’ve replied on the PM Karen! Thanks for alerting us.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
As mentioned in the Conversation - the decision to move arrival date was only made at lunch time today & the campsite have guests arriving before us that they had to contact first so they have been working through lists all day so I've tried to help by alerting everyone on here so that everyone can work out what is best for them & to try & minimise any inconvenience.
Sure they will get it sorted when you contact them & glad that you are still joining us all (y)
Karen & Alan Wombles

We really do appreciate all the hard work you both have put in to make this as an enjoyable event as it has been in past years.

It is not your fault that the weather has forced, not only you, but the site management to make changes.

Thankyou both again for everything and hope to see you all again next year xx

davidroxburgh

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 16, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Karen

Thank you for the info - regretfully the postponement has coincided with another issue affecting the van, so we have to cancel. I have emailed the site. This must be incredibly time consuming for you - thank you both for all the time you give to Fun and these meets. So please delete us from the list on page 1.

We hope that despite the delay the meet goes well and that the weather makes up for the poor start.

David & Penny Shaw

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
IMPORTANT CHANGE TO NORDEN FARM MEET FROM THE CAMPSITE MANAGER

Motorhome Fun Club.

The site is wet and we have a lot of rain forecast over night. It is difficult to know at this stage the full extent of the rain and what problems that it may cause.

So, we have decided that we would like the postpone the meet arrival day to Saturday. However, if there are some of you who are already close by and need to be accommodated from Thursday then likely we can accommodate a few, please contact us.

For the majority, arrival Saturday and we have the flexibility to accommodate further on the original meet dates if anyone would like to stay longer.

We are facing unprecedented weather for May since opening this season. Our site & ground conditions are not going to be perfect. So the owners have also decided to offer a roll over of all monies paid to the meet next year, or another stay this season. (Dates for the meet next year to be decided very soon). If you really cannot fit in with any of the options offered, then money paid can be refunded.

We will be contacting you all directly, but ask for your patience whilst we try and deal with other bookings coming on site.

UPDATE FROM WOMBLES

Hopefully the 2024 Norden Farm Meet dates will be 9-16 May but subject to confirmation - will update again shortly so anyone that might want this option can advise the campsite accordingly but fingers crossed most will still choose to join us from Saturday!
Morning, sorry for the delay in replying. Just managed to get hold of Norden Farm and we will arrive on Saturday and leave on Thursday. Thanks to you both for all the hard work you have put in and looking forward to meeting you at the weekend.

Mike and Pauline

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ok just spoken with Nordon and will roll it over to next year

Join us or log in to post a reply.