Nationwide FlexPlus Travel Insurance (12 Viewers)

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
As my upgrades with UK Insurance expire beginning of May, I had a letter from Aviva last week with details of what to do if I needed extensions with them. It details how to set up through their portal, from there, they quote for upgrades. No problems getting set up, age limit removed, apart from the medical upgrades that are annual, all other upgrades on a tip by trip basis.

Any indication of costs for the trip by trip extensions?

Jul 24, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Benimar coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2018
Aviva will not cover SWMBO existing medical conditions so I’m now looking at alternatives. Seems like the CAMC is the only reasonably priced alternative.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The cost of trip extensions is £64-65 and covers trips up to 120 days. This is payable PER TRIP.
We are unlikely to take trips longer than a month now but I consider that price reasonable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
Aviva will not cover SWMBO existing medical conditions so I’m now looking at alternatives. Seems like the CAMC is the only reasonably priced alternative.
What conditions will they now not cover please? Is it a blanket refusal or a gradiated scale they are applying?

Nov 1, 2021
Lanarkshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO Time
Exp
Complete newbie
A heads up for those who have a Nationwide FlexPlus account. From the 1st May the insures will be changing to Aviva.
Here is the link

The good news for me is over 70s will be covered as standard.
Try Allclear insurance. 45 days covered as standard. Multiple trip and we are both 75. Not terribly cheap but the best I could find.

Oct 10, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Globe car
Exp
Since 2009
I use Allclear. I take statins, blood thinners and have blood cancer - nationwide would not cover since the cancer but I paid extra for the statins and blood thinners before my recent diagnosis.

Reactions: JRT

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
All clear covered Mrs JRT's AF even though she has been referred back to her consultant, just on condition that we contacted them prior to our trip if any changes are made to her treatment.

Red Pennant wouldn't agree to cover until she had been seen.

AC also covered her other pre existing stuff.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
Getting back up to speed (returning after 30yrs lapse)
Hi just had a quote from nationwide Aviva for 90 day extension £889 last year with nationwide old insurance it was £129.if that is the case it will be goodby Nationwide.
Hi Clive Bishop

Any confirmation to various queries re your £889 quote?

Seems very strange.

I have just shifted to Nationwide FlexPlus and 64day trip extension (from UK Insurance) was only £87 (for Europe)

Sep 22, 2020
Beaumont-cum-Moze
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
A class American RVs and C class over 50 years
I would be making a serious complaint to Nationwide if I get a quote like that when I apply.
Spoke to Nationwide and they said that they think Aviva gave me a quote as a none member.They said to apply again nearer to the renewal date 14TH May and if I wasn’t satisfied to give Nationwide a call.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
Getting back up to speed (returning after 30yrs lapse)
Aviva gave me a quote as a none member.
That would explain it and a bit of a relief (for when I want to renew next April!)

apply again nearer to the renewal date 14TH May
That's not ideal, as no way to compare.

Might be worth getting a quote from UK Insurance before 1st May anyway.

Even if you decide to wait, at least you have some bargaining power if Aviva turns out to be much more.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Spoke to Nationwide and they said that they think Aviva gave me a quote as a none member.They said to apply again nearer to the renewal date 14TH May and if I wasn’t satisfied to give Nationwide a call.
Which was my guess in #112

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Might be worth getting a quote from UK Insurance before 1st May anyway.
Our Nationwide/UK Insurance expires on the 27th May, I have to wait until then to renew the policy, there are a few fairly minor medical issues to declare and pay for.

I can't get a 'quote' from UK Insurance until the renewal is due (ignoring the change to Aviva), but can add stuff to the existing policy.

I spoke to a UK Insurance advisor by phone and was told Aviva will contact us a week or two before expiry and we can update our needs, we will be leaving the UK on the 7th May for a European tour, so I'll have to sort it all out on line or over the phone.

I'm hoping Aviva are as helpful/competent as UK Insurance has been for similar costs..

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Our Nationwide/UK Insurance expires on the 27th May, I have to wait until then to renew the policy, there are a few fairly minor medical issues to declare and pay for.

I can't get a 'quote' from UK Insurance until the renewal is due (ignoring the change to Aviva), but can add stuff to the existing policy.

As our Nationwide UK Insurance was due to expire while we were away I tried to renew prior to leaving. Was told it could only be done within 30 days of the expiry date so left it and did it while abroad. Maybe try again within that 30 day window, and before 1st May?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.

I'm in almost exactly the same position. Cover expires May 29th and I go over on the ferry May 21st.
I tried to renew my medical cover with N'w last week but was told that U.K. Ins. will send me their renewal quote 'shortly'.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Mine expired a few weeks back. Just renewed today for £35 extending the travel from 31 days to 45.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
I can't even register with the Aviva/FlexPlus Portal. Keep being informed I don't exist. A bit disheartening! I'm in town tomorrow so I might pop into NW and see what's happening. Why is everything so difficult nowadays?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I can't even register with the Aviva/FlexPlus Portal. Keep being informed I don't exist. A bit disheartening! I'm in town tomorrow so I might pop into NW and see what's happening. Why is everything so difficult nowadays?
Aviva dont take over until tomorrow, that could be why.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
As our Nationwide UK Insurance was due to expire while we were away I tried to renew prior to leaving. Was told it could only be done within 30 days of the expiry date so left it and did it while abroad. Maybe try again within that 30 day window, and before 1st May?

I'm in almost exactly the same position. Cover expires May 29th and I go over on the ferry May 21st.
I tried to renew my medical cover with N'w last week but was told that U.K. Ins. will send me their renewal quote 'shortly'.

Be careful though - if you are not happy with the renewal price you will not be able to get insurance with an alternative company for the trip you are already on. Insurance needs to be in place before the trip begins. You could end up not insured at all.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Just got a quote for Pacemaker £110. for winter holiday singletrip for 12 weeks £425, thats £535 extra last year with LV £275 for 90 days per trip.so wont be using nationwide ins.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Just got a quote for Pacemaker £110. for winter holiday singletrip for 12 weeks £425, thats £535 extra
It probably wasn't a good move to tell them that you were in the GB bobsleigh team.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can't do that, my mate on his last trip forgot to take out the extended trip cover so he phoned NW they said not possible has to be done before you leave the UK, so he cut his trip short and got back within the 31 days.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
A pompous traveller having a loud argument with a staff member whilst trying to get to the front of an airline check-in queue finally explodes with: "Do you know who I am?"
Unimpressed the staff member loudly addresses the queue: "Does anyone recognise this person who doesn't know who he is?"
Funny, but have you picked the right thread? ;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A pompous traveller having a loud argument with a staff member whilst trying to get to the front of an airline check-in queue finally explodes with: "Do you know who I am?"
Unimpressed the staff member loudly addresses the queue: "Does anyone recognise this person who doesn't know who he is?"
Me thinks you have posted on the wrong thread. :giggle:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Think might be wrong thread :whistle2: :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back