JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
We are insured with Highway they are part of the LG group. I have to say I have been very impressed so far.
Of course the next problem that might arise is continuing to carry on being insured by them a conversation I will be having with them tomorrow as we went out and bought another Motorhome on Saturday.

A few years ago we had a caravan stolen and declared a total loss. The company paid out a fair price very quickly, I can't recall who it was now.

The problem came with a massive hike in the premium to insure it's replacement.

We switched to another company and they insisted we stored it's replacement in a secure storage facility given our claims history. But the premium wasn't stupidly expensive.

Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
So sorry to hear this. I really feel for you.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
if they want it, they can usually get it ...... its anyones worst nightmare having something taken that they hold precious .... and perhaps worst of all, those who have something are seen as fair game to those who want what they havent got .....

ive probably spent 5% of the value of my motorhome on security 'stuff', but to be honest, it doesnt make me feel totally safe and it sickens me to hear of other peoples losses, but every time i do hear, it reminds me to make sure what i have is still functioning, so to the OP - thanks for sharing and a big thanks to the guys at Vanbitz for helping keep my property safe !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2013
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I had a Tracker which was mandatory with my last insurer. I've thought long and hard about getting another but realistically with an alarm and a Stoplock on the steering wheel if they get it away they really want it and I don't think a Tracker would stop them. In any event I wouldn't really want it back if it had been gone for any length of time.

Aug 2, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you, we had tracker on it steering wheel lock, a bike lock on captains chair and it still went within minutes
You say a bike lock on the captains chair.
Is that the one to lock the seat in the turned round position?

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Yeah the tracker when I woke up and then looked at my cameras and had the unpleasant viewing of it being taken
Don't know your circumstances for being in Turkey but I would rather not know it had gone until I got back...and definately not watch it being taken....
IMO if it is gone its gone, and I would not want it back..
However I do sympathize with you..

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Don't know your circumstances for being in Turkey but I would rather not know it had gone until I got back...and definately not watch it being taken....
IMO if it is gone its gone, and I would not want it back..
However I do sympathize with you..
It’s definitely gone my brothers have been round to the house and my mum was staying there at the time

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
On the way to Newcastle airport yesterday afternoon (23rd)while travelling up Station road in Brampton to join the A69 there was a Hymer model very similar to this parked on the roadside.
As I was driving and I hadn’t read this post until this morning I didn’t get more than a passing glance but I know what model it was as we are hymer fans.
Distance from where it was stolen I would guess would be around 60 miles north of there.
Station road is on the way out of Brampton on the east side and the properties are mostly large detached residential.
I use this route fairly frequently and have never seen this van parked there before.
Have a look on google maps to get an idea of the area
As I type this post we are now in Lanzarote for a week (26 degrees and NO clouds)🌞
Not sure the above post will come to anything but good luck and let’s hope for a good outcome.👍
DJT

Last edited:
May 11, 2022
Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
On the way to Newcastle airport yesterday afternoon (25th)while travelling up Station road in Brampton to join the A69 there was a Hymer model very similar to this parked on the roadside.
As I was driving and I hadn’t read this post until this morning I didn’t get more than a passing glance but I know what model it was as we are hymer fans.
Distance from where it was stolen I would guess would be around 60 miles north of there.
Station road is on the way out of Brampton on the east side and the properties are mostly large detached residential.
I use this route fairly frequently and have never seen this van parked there before.
As I type this post we are now in Lanzarote for a week (26 degrees and NO clouds)🌞
Not sure the above post will come to anything but good luck and let’s hope for a good outcome.👍
DJT
Have you got a dash cam?

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
On the way to Newcastle airport yesterday afternoon (23rd)while travelling up Station road in Brampton to join the A69 there was a Hymer model very similar to this parked on the roadside.
DJT
Thanks DJT that’s a great help, I will pass this info on to the police they should be able to do ANPR checks going up that way

• Thanks
Reactions: DJT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back