Motorhome stolen (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Hi we haven’t been on here for a long while but unfortunately our Ford Transit Hymer was stolen from our home in Lancashire early hours Monday morning while we were away in turkey. There is a picture attached it had the reg on of T20 EJR but that will probably be taken off now. We are truly devastated someone can just do this to our pride and joy 🥲

65f3f2a9-e914-47cf-b9cb-fe1cd2e78cf7.jpeg

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Sorry to hear that. It's all of our biggest fears in relation to our Vans/Motorhomes. Lets hope your Insurance Co. don't mess you about. What security did you have? Please keep we kindred spirits updated.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Hi we haven’t been on here for a long while but unfortunately our Ford Transit Hymer was stolen from our home in Lancashire early hours Monday morning while we were away in turkey. There is a picture attached it had the reg on of T20 EJR but that will probably be taken off now. We are truly devastated someone can just do this to our pride and joy 🥲

View attachment 888633
I feel your pain. I worry about losing mine all the time. I wheel clamp it when at home and have trackers installed that my insurers demand. Get your claim in and I hope your insurers treat you with care and consideration. Good wishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
I feel your pain. I worry about losing mine all the time. I wheel clamp it when at home and have trackers installed that my insurers demand. Get your claim in and I hope your insurers treat you with care and consideration. Good wishes.
Thank you, we had tracker on it steering wheel lock, a bike lock on captains chair and it still went within minutes

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Sadly we have been there and do understand. Police offered councelling which we declined and regretted declining. On a practical direction, everything that is not part of the van comes under household insurance. Make a list from photographs and memory of everything that was in the van. If you have receipts you may be able to claim full value, other items were estimated by our insurers at half cost.
As ours involved a breaking into our home which the police found secure, the insurance company paid in full exactly three weeks to the day after the claim was made.
I fully understand that not only the van was takeen but any treasures, tools and personal items you may have collected over years. Many tears were shed, the van was never found.

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Sadly we have been there and do understand. Police offered councelling which we declined and regretted declining. On a practical direction, everything that is not part of the van comes under household insurance. Make a list from photographs and memory of everything that was in the van. If you have receipts you may be able to claim full value, other items were estimated by our insurers at half cost.
As ours involved a breaking into our home which the police found secure, the insurance company paid in full exactly three weeks to the day after the claim was made.
I fully understand that not only the van was takeen but any treasures, tools and personal items you may have collected over years. Many tears were shed, the van was never found.
That’s the part that is hurting us the contents of the van it’s like our home from home when we are away and they will just be thrown away by these people.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
That’s the part that is hurting us the contents of the van it’s like our home from home when we are away and they will just be thrown away by these people.
In the end they are things, precious but still things. It is now some time since our van was stolen from beside our house but I still keep looking for lost items that must have been in the van.
Trying to be positive, once you know the insurance have agreed to pay you can begin to search for a replacement that will allow you to move forward. I know that in our case, as soon as we found a replacement motorhome with cash in our bank, the pain went and the excitement of a new begining softened the blow. All the very best!

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
I think that we all have a strong emotional connection to our vans. They are an extension to our homes and not just the road vehicles that insurers cover. I had a number of cars stolen in the past. The police found them and returned them to me, but they were never the same to me. They had been abused by the thieves and I sold them quickly. They were only cars after all. A motorhome is entirely different in my mind. It is not just a vehicle, it is a part of us, a lifestyle, a home without fixed foundations. The theft of one is not only distressing from a monetary angle (insurers take) but also from an emotional point of view. Thieves just see monetary value in motorhomes. The victims of motorhome theft lose far far more than just money.

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
In the end they are things, precious but still things. It is now some time since our van was stolen from beside our house but I still keep looking for lost items that must have been in the van.
Trying to be positive, once you know the insurance have agreed to pay you can begin to search for a replacement that will allow you to move forward. I know that in our case, as soon as we found a replacement motorhome with cash in our bank, the pain went and the excitement of a new begining softened the blow. All the very best!
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, thanks for your words.

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
I think that we all have a strong emotional connection to our vans. They are an extension to our homes and not just the road vehicles that insurers cover. I had a number of cars stolen in the past. The police found them and returned them to me, but they were never the same to me. They had been abused by the thieves and I sold them quickly. They were only cars after all. A motorhome is entirely different in my mind. It is not just a vehicle, it is a part of us, a lifestyle, a home without fixed foundations. The theft of one is not only distressing from a monetary angle (insurers take) but also from an emotional point of view. Thieves just see monetary value in motorhomes. The victims of motorhome theft lose far far more than just money.
Exactly I said to Liz I wouldn’t have been bothered if it was one of our cars but the Motorhome is like you say entirely different, its set out how we want with pictures and certain things in certain places that all make for an enjoyable time when we are in it

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Having a wonder around some industrial estates fairly local to you or next towns would be on my agenda as they seek out how good your tracker is. They have been known to dump them for a few days

Very best of luck
Thank you I will be definitely looking around

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I empathise with you over your loss! our Pilote Reference was taken from outside our house at ten past eleven last Wednesday night, our insurers consider it a total loss and offered us an acceptable value for it at lunchtime Friday. Now waiting for the cheque to arrive.

Our next door neighbour had some footage on his Ring doorbell which we supplied to the police they circulated it round in case any officer might recognize the scumbags, they also had no hits on any ANPR cameras, case will be closed in two weeks time unless anything crops up.

Don't give up and don't let it get you down! get back on the road as soon as you can. I will say we didn't want to change the van we had had it recovered last year it was for us just as good as having a new van!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I get so angry when I hear a story like this.

I hope it gets sorted quickly. It does question putting a distinguishing mark on the roof.

I have up my insurance to cover more than the standard contents cover. One insurance one claim.

I hope that the replacement if it's needed makes you as happy as the lost one

OP
OP
philly
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
I empathise with you over your loss! our Pilote Reference was taken from outside our house at ten past eleven last Wednesday night, our insurers consider it a total loss and offered us an acceptable value for it at lunchtime Friday. Now waiting for the cheque to arrive.

Our next door neighbour had some footage on his Ring doorbell which we supplied to the police they circulated it round in case any officer might recognize the scumbags, they also had no hits on any ANPR cameras, case will be closed in two weeks time unless anything crops up.

Don't give up and don't let it get you down! get back on the road as soon as you can. I will say we didn't want to change the van we had had it recovered last year it was for us just as good as having a new van!
Sorry to hear you have been through it as well. Fingers crossed everything goes well with our insurance.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
empathise with you over your loss! our Pilote Reference was taken from outside our house at ten past eleven last Wednesday night, our insurers consider it a total loss and offered us an acceptable value for it at lunchtime Friday. Now waiting for the cheque to arrive.

Sad it’s gone, but that’s a great result from your insurers, who are you insured with ?

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We are insured with Highway they are part of the LG group. I have to say I have been very impressed so far.
Of course the next problem that might arise is continuing to carry on being insured by them a conversation I will be having with them tomorrow as we went out and bought another Motorhome on Saturday.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Really sorry to hear this.

We hope you have some luck in finding it and your possessions bery soon, or a very quick and satisfactory settlement from your insurers.

It truly amazes me how thieves 1. Can be so quick 2. Never seem to get caught 3. Are so cold and brazen stealing something that will be sentimental to its owners.

Good luck and hope you have many more years of happy motorhoming ahead of you!

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We are insured with Highway they are part of the LG group. I have to say I have been very impressed so far.
Of course the next problem that might arise is continuing to carry on being insured by them a conversation I will be having with them tomorrow as we went out and bought another Motorhome on Saturday.

Good luck! I hope it continues to run smoothly for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back