Motor home engine turns over but won’t start,immobiliser light on.Fiat Ducati cab,15 years old (2 Viewers)

Jane Youd

Free Member
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Brersner
motorhome turning over but won’t start,immobiliser light on.15 year old Bursner with Fiat Ducati cab

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
That white clip hinges on the centre of the multiplug and pulls the plug and socket tightly together with a "camming" action. I would think a scrap yard would be your best bet but you may be able to jury rig something up with cable ties in the short term ?
Thata what I am aiming to do. However I need to get the motorhome home and it now won't start.

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I met up with Vanbitz 'junior' at a show earlier this year and shared my pics and method as Ash still has a steady stream of people asking Vanbitz for help.
The simplest solution is to change the fuel pump for one withOUT the immobiliser chip. But a lot of people seem to want to try the surgical removal route. I didn't have much choice being on a relative's driveway blocking their access when my intermittent fault became permanent. 😁
Jev is the fuel pump on some Fiats not in the tank itself?

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Jev is the fuel pump on some Fiats not in the tank itself?
2.5tdi definitely a fuel pump between radiator and engine block and pretty sure the same on the next engine, the 2.8
Approximate location in pic.

Screenshot_20230624-141843-877.png

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thata what I am aiming to do. However I need to get the motorhome home and it now won't start.
So even with the plug pushed and held in, the engine still won’t start. If that is the case it increases my dubious thoughts about the diagnosis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
So even with the plug pushed and held in, the engine still won’t start. If that is the case it increases my dubious thoughts about the diagnosis.
Latest diagnosis is power is going into the ECU but not getting out. Currently on a flatbed being brought home.

Anyone know a good mobile mechanic in Milton Keynes?

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Our 2.8JTD started doing this a couple of weeks ago, but the problem is getting more frequent and more difficult to clear. I have re-read this thread, will try the various suggested remedies as and when it happens and report accordingly.

Fortunately, I have found a good independent mechanic very close to us in France who says that he is happy to tackle the Ducato mechanics, so I may well book the van in and let him poke around and see what he can find.

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Latest diagnosis is power is going into the ECU but not getting out. Currently on a flatbed being brought home.

Anyone know a good mobile mechanic in Milton Keynes?
Sorted

Well I found a good electrician, me. That's after 3 so called professionals had a go at finding the problem, one I would let them plug a kettle in again.

So after all of the hassle trying to find someone to sort it I took the plunge and dif some basic testing, read the relevant wiring diagram and then pulled the wiring lloom part.

One pesty wire brought the van to a total halt

20231004_165722.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Was the blue wire chaffing on something ?
Good for you for sorting it when professionals couldn't 👍

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
So joining it fixed the fault ?
How did it get cut in the middle of the loom, looks like a clean cut
Correct. It powered a relay that was cutting off the immobiliser i think.

I can only guess that the wire was under stress in the loom and eventually snapped.

I ssume that the outer stetched and didn't break with the inner core as the break down guy got it going by effectively just moving the wires. He thought the problem was with the clip which held the socket into the ecu, which although was broken still held it in ok.

There were a couple of othe wires that when I was putting the loom back would have been under stress if you weren't careful. I assume it was that way when manufactured in 2007

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
We had this earlier this year. In end it turned out to be my mobile phone too close to the ignition.

Upvote 0

MrMorris

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
eddie Are you still able to offer help with this issue. I can't see hiw to get your contact details and have a copy of my V5 waiting? Cheers

Upvote 0

MrMorris

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Thanks, saw the offer before finishing the thread and am in a panic! Have 2 days to move the the vehicle and struggling to get help.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Correct. It powered a relay that was cutting off the immobiliser i think.

I can only guess that the wire was under stress in the loom and eventually snapped.

I ssume that the outer stetched and didn't break with the inner core as the break down guy got it going by effectively just moving the wires. He thought the problem was with the clip which held the socket into the ecu, which although was broken still held it in ok.

There were a couple of othe wires that when I was putting the loom back would have been under stress if you weren't careful. I assume it was that way when manufactured in 2007

Any signs on mice having a nibble?

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks, saw the offer before finishing the thread and am in a panic! Have 2 days to move the the vehicle and struggling to get help.
Perhaps try AshVanBitz

If you by pass the immobiliser you might need to check the insurance implications. My insurance specifically says the theft cover is dependant on the immobiliser.

Upvote 0

MrMorris

Free Member
Apr 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I'm in Nottingham if anyone has any suggestions for who could help near me. Very grateful to hear from you

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back