LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Were here :)
Le Relais, picking Maggies son up from the airport Saturday so thought we'd chill here for a few days then off the coast for a few days, took a wrong turn on way to Carrefour on way into Marrakech from Tizi-n-Tichka ended up going past the palace bloody hell those arches were close lol, weathers great is it settling down Portugal way,
hello to Sam

We did the arches two years ago - slightly too tight for Champers, just caught the awning on way through the second time. Got a piccie of us being chased off by the Palace Guards

IMG_0871.jpg

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Great pic Dave(y) you been having lessons off Phil:giggle:
No Marc, last year I use to nick his photos but I think the quality has gone down this year. Gonna have to have a word with Mena about his drinking lol

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Currently halfway across the Bay of Biscay on the way home :crying::crying:
Fortunately its as flat as a witches tit so no chance of being seasick.
Sat in the bar with a drink waiting for the PSG v Man City game to start on TV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Currently halfway across the Bay of Biscay on the way home :crying::crying:
Fortunately its as flat as a witches tit so no chance of being seasick.
Sat in the bar with a drink waiting for the PSG v Man City game to start on TV.
Glad you two had a great adventure. Take care and we look forward to being in your company again. We certainly put away a fair amount of alcohol, didn't we LOL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nice photos Dave - but you're still not getting a like, especially when it hasn't stopped hissing down in the last few days.:mad: :cold: :swear:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
image.jpg
Nice photos Dave - but you're still not getting a like, especially when it hasn't stopped hissing down in the last few days.:mad: :cold: :swear:

Know how you feel Terry been the same old weather here as well, day after day after day sunsunsun an no let up in sight, might have to nip to Portugal soon for a bit of cloud lol
Inshallah

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
image.jpg
Maggies son James got off back to Edinburgh this morning and we were thinking of moving further north but weather seems unsettled mid week so will just have to suffer the 28/29 degrees forecast here till Monday :-(

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yup! A little bit gusty here and grey clouds but still warm. Not scorch though!
Did you see that Man U first goal against the Hammers. Stunning, world class. That lad is special.

Bromleyxphil

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
Since 1984 with a short break with a caravan
Hi guys we are now nearing Gibraltar heading for Morocco. I don't have a green card so hope to buy insurance at the border. Does anyone have any info on how, where and how much it will be? We hope to stay for a month.
Phil

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Sorry can't help on the green card Phil but I'm sure the info will be here somewhere,
Inshallah

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Nice little meander today, nothing to strenuous and back for coffee brandy o'clock :)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Cascades d'Ouzoud Ken, got you and Lynda a little prezzie not telling you what it is but just hope we can get it back without supping it.
Cheers

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi guys we are now nearing Gibraltar heading for Morocco. I don't have a green card so hope to buy insurance at the border. Does anyone have any info on how, where and how much it will be? We hope to stay for a month.
Phil

This reply might be a bit late, sorry not been online for couple of days.

You can buy 3rd party insurance in Morocco. Assuming you're entering via Tangier-Med once you have cleared Customs and Immigration you'll see a line of cabins which are all exchange bureau - they'll all try to get your custom but you get the same rate at all of them, don't let anyone try and lead you to any particular one @cos they'll demand commission! A little further along is another building, got "Assurances" on it if I remember correctly and you can get your 3rd party insurance there. @tgee got his cover there and can tell you what it cost; not cheap I believe.

I would guess there's something similar at the other entry points but got no info, sorry.

Full info on everything to do with taking your m/h to Morocco in the Resources section, above.

Enjoy.

Terry

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
@TerryL Terry not sure if this should be in resources but while on Le Relais they were putting vynals on motorhomes, might be useful if anyone wanted a fly drive ??
Zigzagcamper.com

Bromleyxphil

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
Since 1984 with a short break with a caravan
This reply might be a bit late, sorry not been online for couple of days.

You can buy 3rd party insurance in Morocco. Assuming you're entering via Tangier-Med once you have cleared Customs and Immigration you'll see a line of cabins which are all exchange bureau - they'll all try to get your custom but you get the same rate at all of them, don't let anyone try and lead you to any particular one @cos they'll demand commission! A little further along is another building, got "Assurances" on it if I remember correctly and you can get your 3rd party insurance there. @tgee got his cover there and can tell you what it cost; not cheap I believe.

I would guess there's something similar at the other entry points but got no info, sorry.

Full info on everything to do with taking your m/h to Morocco in the Resources section, above.

Enjoy.

Terry
Thanks Terry
I can't seem to download the resources section but I only have an iPad so that may be the issue.
I am getting a green card DHLd to Gibraltar on Thursday so all being well should cross on Friday
Wish me luck
Phil

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Terry
I can't seem to download the resources section but I only have an iPad so that may be the issue.
I am getting a green card DHLd to Gibraltar on Thursday so all being well should cross on Friday
Wish me luck
Phil

The file is in PDF format, not sure if Ipad supports that, so might be the problem.

Glad you've got the insurance sorted out - any more probs just post here, someone will respond.

Good luck and enjoy (still a teensy bit jealous).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back