MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
: Great quality Fish & Chips for 2, over here in Frimley £16, thats 2 medium Haddock, I large Fries at £4, never found a place as good anywhere, especially Scotland, Grimsby, they queue out the door & down the street on Friday Nigh
You need to try our chippy OAP cod & chips £7.90 same size as normal F&C just cheaper.
Tam was so impressed he took photos.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
You need to try our chippy OAP cod & chips £7.90 same size as normal F&C just cheaper.
Tam was so impressed he took photos.
More or less the same price Lenny, but at normal rate, not OAP.
You just reminded me I think they offer OAP rates on Thursdays, I wonder how much that would save me.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Great looking van Tam, I'm sure you're made up with it.
Stonehenge - did you stay on the drovers lane ? I've often thought about going but a bit put off by the reports of potholes, I don't really want to lose the exhaust, you know how little ground clearance on these Hymer coach built have

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Stonehenge - did you stay on the drovers lane ? I've often thought about going but a bit put off by the reports of potholes, I don't really want to lose the exhaust, you know how little ground clearance on these Hymer coach built have
It's a bit rough just go in from Larkhill, a couple of huge potholes and bumps at the A303 entrance.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I take it your address Lenny is not on Park4Nite?:giggle:
He would be there, parked up, walking dogs before you opened your curtains in the morning.;)
Have Fun, trunks on, down the beach for a nice PM swim.(y)
PS: I know he has been before, just joking.
LES

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
PS: Great quality Fish & Chips for 2, over here in Frimley £16, thats 2 medium Haddock, I large Fries at £4,
Where was this information when I needed it yesterday !

Thought we might get a bucket at KFC South Mimms but not at 19 quid for 6 bits of chicken and 2 chips. Came off M3 and down the BVR

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Another thing for you to fix Lenny…..the sat nav. 😂
There was now't wrong with the Sat Nav when it left mine with the latest Truck maps. ;)
I can't programme in allowances for pilot error. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So nothing really, less than you expected I bet.
If it was me I wouldn't hassle the bloke about it. Just get him to do the cambelt and snatch his hand off. (y) (y) (y)
I'm not hassling him he's having the mot and cambelt done at the agreed price. He gets everything on trade anyway so probably costing him half what it would cost me

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's a bit rough just go in from Larkhill, a couple of huge potholes and bumps at the A303 entrance.
The entire road is riddled with holes you just have to drive slow and weave .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There was now't wrong with the Sat Nav when it left mine with the latest Truck maps. ;)
I can't programme in allowances for pilot error. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers,

Jock. :)
It worked fine throughly Europe till I got to France and it had taken the pee since. When I left stonehenge it said 1.36 minutes then it kept increasing and taking me roads I didn't know . And because I've got no co pilot , there's no bloody laybyes and you're not supposed to adjust satnav while driving etc I was left to trusting it.

I pulled in to lennys drive after just following signs and the satnav was still saying 30 miles and 1 hour 2 minutes...via Hastings or summit

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thanks for today’s update starting with your fire! Busy guy. All sounds promising going forward. When do you collect it - a few weeks you said I think. Presumably hopefully selling Moby before.

Carol
3/4 weeks hopefully. And hoping I get a buyer for moby quickly
But can't sell moby till I move in to the other.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ouch , wasn’t that long ago you were going on about people who judge people with tattoos , maybe you’re human after all 😊
Not judging them ..just describing. That was meant to say tattooed dope heads not done heads.

They were a bit like beavus and butthead kept calling her man and sounded a bit like ozzy Osborne.

But also there are Tattoos ....and then there are tattoos lol. Mine are art 😛 these were more like prison style Indian ink lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If ever there was proof needed that it was campsite owners and employees who give stories to the press about alleged waste dumping etc read this article lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back