MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (22 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yes much the same wee dogs but with the wired haired coat, we picked him because he was like a wee old man lol we even have a flat cap for him at home he looks hilarious with it on :rofl: ( if you look closely at that photo above you'll see he has a wee dickie bow tie on in it) lol
Oh No!! my wee terrier has just seen it and he wants one :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We used to have a long haired miniature daschund around 50 years ago, when the girls were small. Is that the same except you have a wired variety. It’s just never heard the name kaninchen before?

Carol

Sorry Tam
Thread drifts for dogs I don't mind.

Politics, fish, boats , or folks dinner ....naw

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thread drifts for dogs I don't mind

Here’s one then Tam he has grown a tad since!!

IMG_0041.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dinnae panic I've no disappeared, we were out exploring then I got invited to dinner at Martin and Teresa's parents house so I'm just back to the van. Lovely dinner traditional tirol food which was delicious.. had a good laugh reminiscing about some crazy stuff in Morocco and me telling them some of the exploits in Turkey and Greece. A good time was had. The dogs stayed in the camper and for being blu's first time left alone they were all great.

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
Yes much the same wee dogs but with the wired haired coat, we picked him because he was like a wee old man lol we even have a flat cap for him at home he looks hilarious with it on :rofl: ( if you look closely at that photo above you'll see he has a wee dickie bow tie on in it) lol
One of my Westie son her audition for Peaky Blinders 😂😂

IMG_0107.jpeg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Kaninchen is German for Rabbit ? :)
That's correct, Dachshund is german for badger dog and the kaninchen hund is german for rabbit dog (sort of) lol so they were bred for killing smaller prey like rabbits etc hence they are slightly smaller and lighter than the Dachshund and quicker too, wee Hector can shift like a greyhound! Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway Tam how is their wee Maroc dog getting on with his new life?
Ah Mia...yes she's loving life. Such a lovely girl. She was just sterilised on Wednesday so I think she was still a bit tender ... but she was running round with my lot at the wee damm we visited.

In Austria, €675 to sterilise 😱

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Ah Mia...yes she's loving life. Such a lovely girl. She was just sterilised on Wednesday so I think she was still a bit tender ... but she was running round with my lot at the wee damm we visited.

In Austria, €675 to sterilise 😱
Aw that's great news 😊

"In Austria, €675 to sterilise"

Aye there's nothings cheap in Austria lol
A lot of my work machines are Austrian made called CRB and they're probably the dearest on the market but always top quality last for years,
But great to hear the wee dogs doing well 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aw that's great news 😊

"In Austria, €675 to sterilise"

Aye there's nothings cheap in Austria lol
A lot of my work machines are Austrian made called CRB and they're probably the dearest on the market but always top quality last for years,
But great to hear the wee dogs doing well 👍
Yes they love her to bits ... she's spoiled rotten. The other one ( mias sister) that the indievannajones rescued they had her rehomed in England as they couldn't cope with the two dogs but Martin and Teresa talk to the couple who have her on Facebook and she's doing well too.

Martin and Teresa were saying if I wanted to rehome blu they'd love to have her... 🤣 the little traiter was giving Martin lots of attention .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Got Hector's titre bloods done earlier Tam, total €135 and they'll email me the results when they're in, she said should be within the week or so, but we're in no real hurry, so I'll keep you posted View attachment 921064
It must be the luck of the Irish thar you keep finding cheap and hassle free ones lol.. everyone I go to charges me more lol . I've not heard anything yet from mine. If I don't hear by Thursday I'll send her a text as that will be a week

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We're now parked up in the forest at weis bavaria on the romantic road. Will visit weis kirche tomorrow morning. Not got great Internet tonight due to the trees in the forest. But haven't many pics to upload anyway so I'll post some tomorrow. Had problems with my step today doesn't seem to have any power to it and I couldn't find the fault so had to temporarily disconnect it to get it in and then secure it shut .. bit of a pain in the ass for milo . The 3 girls can jump in and out no probs but he can't. Another job to get sorted later.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
We're now parked up in the forest at weis bavaria on the romantic road. Will visit weis kirche tomorrow morning. Not got great Internet tonight due to the trees in the forest. But haven't many pics to upload anyway so I'll post some tomorrow. Had problems with my step today doesn't seem to have any power to it and I couldn't find the fault so had to temporarily disconnect it to get it in and then secure it shut .. bit of a pain in the ass for milo . The 3 girls can jump in and out no probs but he can't. Another job to get sorted later.
I told you about my step - problem was a micro switch - you didn't step on it before it was fully extended did you? :LOL:

I spent ages messing with mine - if the motor is running it's a switch

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
If the pin on the shaft has sheared - as mine did I replaced it with a bolt, but you probably know to do that

First temporary fix was a bent nail , it worked though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I have no idea what that was , he was fine when he got up this morning I took them all out for a pee as normal , then they had breakfast . About 20 minutes after breakfast he was sick .. looked just like his food .. nothing out the ordinary. I had told him off as he did his usual of being sick in about 4 different places. He'd went in to his bed , blu kept going over to him and then I noticed he was twitching a bit and that he had pooped . I lifted him out the bed and on to the sofa and he was just lying completely still eyes glazed and not moving or responding to me ... this went on a good 5 minutes with me trying to get him to respond . He didn't so I drove to the nearest vet I could find. Typically when I got there he was a bit more awake but still not his usual self . Had to wait a bit for the vet to have a look. Vet checked his heart and temperature.. he was a little cold but heart was OK

He said it wasn't symptoms of poison or anything. Didn't think he'd had a seizure or a fit .. ... so we don't know , maybe just an upset tummy and a bit of stress .

He's still quiet and just lying in bed ... thirsty as he's drank a fair bit.

Vet gave him an injection of something and has given me tablets to give him for diarrhoea in case he gets that as poop very smelly... charged me nearly €60 for the privilege and just Said keep an eye on him and if it happens again take him back to a vet.

This wasn't like any of the things that happened before and he's not had a funny turn since we were in Ireland which is a good 18 months or more now .

He seems fine at the minute if a little restless but sleepy . He seems to be struggling to get comfortable.

Will just have to see how he is .

I'm back at weiss kirche now

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Well I have no idea what that was , he was fine when he got up this morning I took them all out for a pee as normal , then they had breakfast . About 20 minutes after breakfast he was sick .. looked just like his food .. nothing out the ordinary. I had told him off as he did his usual of being sick in about 4 different places. He'd went in to his bed , blu kept going over to him and then I noticed he was twitching a bit and that he had pooped . I lifted him out the bed and on to the sofa and he was just lying completely still eyes glazed and not moving or responding to me ... this went on a good 5 minutes with me trying to get him to respond . He didn't so I drove to the nearest vet I could find. Typically when I got there he was a bit more awake but still not his usual self . Had to wait a bit for the vet to have a look. Vet checked his heart and temperature.. he was a little cold but heart was OK

He said it wasn't symptoms of poison or anything. Didn't think he'd had a seizure or a fit .. ... so we don't know , maybe just an upset tummy and a bit of stress .

He's still quiet and just lying in bed ... thirsty as he's drank a fair bit.

Vet gave him an injection of something and has given me tablets to give him for diarrhoea in case he gets that as poop very smelly... charged me nearly €60 for the privilege and just Said keep an eye on him and if it happens again take him back to a vet.

This wasn't like any of the things that happened before and he's not had a funny turn since we were in Ireland which is a good 18 months or more now .

He seems fine at the minute if a little restless but sleepy . He seems to be struggling to get comfortable.

Will just have to see how he is .

I'm back at weiss kirche now

poor milo, poor you, fingers crossed that whatever the jab was will calm him down and he'll be ok after a rest..
so frightening and worrying when this sort of thing happens, fingers crossed he's ok..
hope you've had a cuppa and feel better too..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back