MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wish you well with MoHo , looks good , I’m still not so sure about the seller , a lot of talk about rust under it , I know you will make as good a desiccation as you can ,sometimes it takes a few weeks to see all the problems as you had with moby , hope it works out
Yes I'm hoping that as the previous rust advisories were not mentioned on its last mot just one spot under the front wheel arch that they have been addressed. I'm fairly certain they will have been minor surface rust like I have under this one but I'll be having a good crawl under to check. There was previous mention of cracked airbags too which again I'll want to check. The seller said it was the same old guy who wouldn't sell it that had it motd in 2021 as he was going to sell it then he had a change of heart and put it back in the garage.. it missed an mot again in 2022 so that sounds about right and then it was motd in October last year. Now at the minute I'm not sure who took it for that mot as the seller told me he'd only owned it since January this year.

But checking it over in person is the only way really to get a good idea . So will know more on Monday

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There maybe a CompactLine on the the drive, it's not mine. 🤣
They are renewing the gas mains and Dave has parked his van on my drive, not answering his phone I think it's far enough over if not you will be on the slope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thank you for a great thread and great pictures. You have made a great advert for Greece, off season, which I fancy but the other half won’t go for long enough to do it justice. Don’t be offended at being asked to open your shopping bags it happens to us all the time. Those of us from the UK seem to stand out when abroad!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Finally through check in and customs , took ages , felt sorry fir both of them the check in guy had to fill in 4 a4 pages with details from each dog although he never got me to scan them and no one looked at the dogs so I could have 10 in here for all they know.

Then the doune customs guy was ages going through my passport then asked if I lived in Spain 🤔 and then when I entered Europe.. I of course had to tell them I entered 26th November but i left 28th January then reentered 27th April so he was flicking back and forth like mad trying to suss out the stamps lol . Doesn't help that a lot of them were low ink in the first place so aren't that clear. Then a merci bon journee.

In the queue now , ferry has just docked

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
No when they move departments or whatever they call them they have to change their plates

Carol

That used to be the rule in Poland when you moved area but they dropped that, probably when records got centralised onone computer rather than being regional.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck with the crossing.

It's been a great thread Tam, following your amazing adventures and seeing your stunning images.

I know there have been lots of ups and downs along the way, but have you enjoyed the trip overall?

I was going to ask what the best thing was - but I wonder if I already know - finding Blu? 🤔

Anyway, many thanks for taking the time and effort to share your journey. I think you already know you have a lot of Funster friends, many of them 'virtual', that take a keen interest in your travels and welfare.

Speaking personally - but I suspect I may not be alone - I genuinely admire your confidence and admit to a little envy of the sights you've seen and the places you've visited; whilst all the time looking after your furry family and putting their needs front and centre.

Hope Monday goes well!

Cheers. 👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Finally through check in and customs , took ages , felt sorry fir both of them the check in guy had to fill in 4 a4 pages with details from each dog although he never got me to scan them and no one looked at the dogs so I could have 10 in here for all they know.

Then the doune customs guy was ages going through my passport then asked if I lived in Spain 🤔 and then when I entered Europe.. I of course had to tell them I entered 26th November but i left 28th January then reentered 27th April so he was flicking back and forth like mad trying to suss out the stamps lol . Doesn't help that a lot of them were low ink in the first place so aren't that clear. Then a merci bon journee.

In the queue now , ferry has just docked

Wouldn't it make it simpler for themselves if they all started stamping on top left page one and worked left to right and down chronologically.

Is that too simple for them?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Good luck with the crossing.

It's been a great thread Tam, following your amazing adventures and seeing your stunning images.

I know there have been lots of ups and downs along the way, but have you enjoyed the trip overall?

I was going to ask what the best thing was - but I wonder if I already know - finding Blu? 🤔

Anyway, many thanks for taking the time and effort to share your journey. I think you already know you have a lot of Funster friends, many of them 'virtual', that take a keen interest in your travels and welfare.

Speaking personally - but I suspect I may not be alone - I genuinely admire your confidence and admit to a little envy of the sights you've seen and the places you've visited; whilst all the time looking after your furry family and putting their needs front and centre.

Hope Monday goes well!

Cheers. 👍

Well put Mike, I think Tam might be a bit marmite to some people but I’ll bet they can’t resist a little read of his adventures…👍🏼

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
All the best Tam, you bring a bit of fresh air to the forum, talking of which make sure you have aircon in the new van for the dogs....and you....

Stinking hot here in Valencia....heading home

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All the best Tam, you bring a bit of fresh air to the forum, talking of which make sure you have aircon in the new van for the dogs....and you....

Stinking hot here in Valencia....heading home
It has aircon front and back .. I'm hoping it works and if the generator works it can run it 😁

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Tam for another trip shared. I do really enjoy following you and the dogs. I also know the time and effort that goes in to daily posting, it’s much appreciated.
Fantastic photos and I can’t wait to revisit some of your park ups in Greece next month.
Safe trip back and I’m crossing everything for the van inspection 🤞

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes I'm not porting my number. I'm saving my number for a longterm deal I think. I'll use the lebara sim in my second phone and hotspot off it when I need to
What sort of long term deal are you thinking of? You can currently get a Vodafone contract with unlimited calls & texts and 200gb of data for the equivalent of £8 a month for 12 months, no roaming though unfortunately. My work out cheaper for this deal though than getting one that allows roaming for the whole contract as you tend to pay a lot more for that, then just get roaming sims when you need them.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
What sort of long term deal are you thinking of? You can currently get a Vodafone contract with unlimited calls & texts and 200gb of data for the equivalent of £8 a month for 12 months, no roaming though unfortunately. My work out cheaper for this deal though than getting one that allows roaming for the whole contract as you tend to pay a lot more for that, then just get roaming sims when you need them.
My Vodafone contract is just about to expire & I was offered this deal which is pretty good. However the lack of any inclusive roaming has forced me to move to the Lebara 35gb deal which gives me have 30gb roaming on the Vodafone network. Only problem with paying for roaming sims is a lot of my Apps including banking and credit card are linked to my UK number.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back