MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I got a quote for my 3ltr some time ago and I think it was around £400
I sent a quote request earlier but not got a reply yet.

But no rush . First step is to view it and take it from there.

I still have to sort this one out which would be the priority so I could get it sold.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm so glad that we're still happy with our (occasionally crappy money pit of a van).

We keep talking about changing, but at present we'd want the same layout, sooo €60,000+ to get the same, just more modern (not necessarily better quality) and we go around again, and again.... and we're still with our 18 year old Hymer Tramp on a Renault.

One day we need to spend some of our money (on us), so we'll need to bite the bullet and do so. Until then, we're having a wonderful, cool, summer in northern Spain. Mostly on our own here.

View attachment 926465View attachment 926466View attachment 926468
View attachment 926469View attachment 926464View attachment 926467

The "metropolis that is Foz" in the distance. There are, possibly, 100+ motorhomes parked there. It's not for us.
Yes if you're happy with it and it does the job there's no reason to change.

I've had a reason each time to change mine and then the situation changes.

I could manage with the van I have for the next year or 2 and I will do that if the one I'm interested in isn't the right van.

But fulltime in this with 4 dogs I may aswell accept I'll be single till I die lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They do work in Ireland sometimes too, I've used them a few times they did a couple of cars for me in the past, a Cosworth & something else I can't remember now but knew their stuff & very neat and efficient
I've googled 4 or 5 different places and they all quote similar stats so that's good. I'll be interested to see how it drives though with just the 146bhp. There's bound to be a few hills around where he is so ill check that on a test drive 😁

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Must be a Welsh thing
Wink wink.
It’s a rural thing , also very Scottish
A farmer friend & 2 friends were trying to untangle a ewe from the barbed wire fence
An old couple in a car stoped to watch , SO he said watch this
He dropped his pants and simulated sex from the rear while the other 2 held it
Well the old couple flew away at top speed
Bet they have told loads of people about the hillbilly’s they caught taking advantage of the sheep 😃 up in the hills

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s a rural thing , also very Scottish
A farmer friend & 2 friends were trying to untangle a ewe from the barbed wire fence
An old couple in a car stoped to watch , SO he said watch this
He dropped his pants and simulated sex from the rear while the other 2 held it
Well the old couple flew away at top speed
Bet they have told loads of people about the hillbilly’s they caught taking advantage of the sheep 😃 up in the hills
Likely story lol. 😉🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Absolutely true story, kenny the farmer is now dead , he was heavy drinker
Alway full of life & adventure
In fact he started his relationship with his future wife ( in the gents toilet ) in the local rural pub While her then husband was drinking at the bar
Sounds just the man to be messing with sheep lol. It's usually aberdonians aswell 🤣🤣

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yes if you're happy with it and it does the job there's no reason to change.

I've had a reason each time to change mine and then the situation changes.

I could manage with the van I have for the next year or 2 and I will do that if the one I'm interested in isn't the right van.

But fulltime in this with 4 dogs I may aswell accept I'll be single till I die lol.
No you won't Tam, my brother used to say that he has been happily married for 5 years now:h:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
The only thing I didn’t like about the Frankia was the transverse bed but put up with it for the high garage as it could easily carry my SuperDuke. 😎
IMG_8254.jpeg
IMG_8255.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The only thing I didn’t like about the Frankia was the transverse bed but put up with it for the high garage as it could easily carry my SuperDuke. 😎View attachment 926604View attachment 926605
I prefer the transverse bed to the drop down . The one in my frankia however drove me nuts as it was electric and height adjustable so it rattled a lot and you got draughts coming up the gaps .

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I prefer the transverse bed to the drop down . The one in my frankia however drove me nuts as it was electric and height adjustable so it rattled a lot and you got draughts coming up the gaps .
Didn’t have a problem with mine in that way, I initially slept in the back transverse bed but moved to the front so that I could watch tv in bed. 😎
Never any drafts or discomfort, always had a very comfortable sleep in either bed.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Didn’t have a problem with mine in that way, I initially slept in the back transverse bed but moved to the front so that I could watch tv in bed. 😎
Never any drafts or discomfort, always had a very comfortable sleep in either bed.
Did you have any company lol.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Why did you get rid of that one tam?

Just smiffy i enquired about taking mine up to 210 from 180, BUT I wasn’t convinced it would do the comfortmatic and clutch any good, and the guy from Quantum kinda agreed with me. That said, I wonder if the clutch is the same on the iveco 3.0L 210 with agile box? 🤔🤔🤔

Haha… as it happens I got a quote from quantum too, they were cheeper and didn’t go so high in torque and power as I only want the economy map, the 3ltr has bags of power as it is…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back