LV Insurance no longer insuring Fiat motorhomes? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 2, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
Hi,
I’ve just got off the phone to LV where I attempted to get a quote for a new Fiat Ducato based motorhome we should be collecting later this month.
I have a multi car insurance policy with them already and had a previous Fiat Ducato based motorhome insured on the policy earlier this year.
The lady I spoke to asked all the expected questions then advised that they wouldn’t be able to insure it as their underwriting rules had changed in July.
Anyone heard anything about this?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm guessing on a claim then the insured is getting the minimum market value
No we are with LV had my car written of earlier this year it was a no fault claim and we had our valuation and that was enough to replace with a car of same type, age and roughly mileage and condition they paid out within two weeks which I was really impressed with 😊

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
I spoke with LV about a month ago and tried to get a quote for a new Swift Kon tiki 894 (Fiat) motorhome. Wouldn't quote me at all. Kept on driveway, Thatcham cat 1 alarm, approved S5 tracker/immobiliser, clean licence, 64 yo. 2 years no claims. Caravan guard were £100.00 cheaper than Comfort for me.

Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I spoke with LV about a month ago and tried to get a quote for a new Swift Kon tiki 894 (Fiat) motorhome. Wouldn't quote me at all. Kept on driveway, Thatcham cat 1 alarm, approved S5 tracker/immobiliser, clean licence, 64 yo. 2 years no claims. Caravan guard were £100.00 cheaper than Comfort for me.
if you are not already insured with them they will not quote you only existing clients

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We are with LV - separate policies for wife’s car and the Moho for me. When I first insured with them over the phone in November 2022 they had no interest in alarms, trackers or immobilisers, but did insist on reversing sensors/camera and a dash cam.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
They are very abrupt in their decision making, they no longer inure motorcycles, I was with them for years when 2 years ago I got notification that they stopped motorcycle insurance and that there would be no renewals forthcoming🤷🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2023
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 285
Exp
I'm a newbie
They are very abrupt in their decision making, they no longer inure motorcycles, I was with them for years when 2 years ago I got notification that they stopped motorcycle insurance and that there would be no renewals forthcoming🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, same here, LV insured my motorcycle for years, then received a letter from them saying that they were not insuring motorcycles any longer. Obviously if they can't make a profit bin it!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back