Lenny's Modding the new Mini Gin Palace (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
At least it has a decent engine and gearbox.
The 2.2 is a lot smoother than the old 2.3 & the 9 speed is a dream. Done nearly 800 miles only noticed it change gear twice.
Hope you got the 5 year warranty we've done 1200 miles in ours and not noticed the gears change once, I think you've got a problem 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Probably mind September, not allowed to go until after granddaughters birthday.
Will do a little bit in the UK doing the Lynton Top Rally & retro Festival, may do a bit more if we can be bothered to find park ups.

I can never understand the need for 2 TV's in a Motorhome, wouldn't even have one in the bedroom at home.
its easy ,,if its chucking it down and she wants to watch soaps or similar ,,,i can watch the football ,,f1,,without any grief ,,every one likes different things ,,if the suns out i dont watch telly i am out side ,,what do you do if your away and its blowing a gale ,,pouring ,,/? play cards ,,monopoly or read books ,,?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Dawn, I was talking about you this morning. Complaining actually. I had my shingles jab yesterday and it gave rise to some very bizarre dreams involving you. You kept knocking on our home front door and insisting that I come out walking with you in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. I went as well. It was one of those where I’d wake up and then go back into the same dream! We didn’t achieve anything but we seemed in a rush.Please don’t do it tonight as I’m worn out.

Great looking van Lenny. Enjoying reading about your modifications. It must have been very frustrating not being able to get started.
I had my second shingrix vaccination on Wednesday and I woke up in the middle of the night hallucinating about a snake on the bed and it took me a long time to work out where I was. I was absolutely freezing cold and shivering. Took us about 3 days to get over it.
Mousy Dawn, well worth paying for. We paid for Zostovax when it first came out back in 2012 but it is not long lasting so fought with surgery to get shingrix.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Hope you got the 5 year warranty we've done 1200 miles in ours and not noticed the gears change once, I think you've got a problem 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do worry about people who cannot notice gears changing. Unless Fiat have managed to completely silence the engine then you should notice the RPM drop as it changes up the gears.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Isn’t that meant to be the selling point, an A class similar width to a pvc?

A classes aren't necessarily wider the PVC's - except for the cab of course.

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Congratulations on getting your new van Lenny and I'm sure you will both have years of pleasure with it ! Oh and if you get stuck with any of the wiring jobs you know where I am 😉 after my last little problem I had ! .

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think the phrase used in another set of circumstances was

Total OTT
Why?
A seperate inverter, charger & change over switching would have only cost about £150 less and I have a nice 120 amp charger instead of a 30 amp one and the wiring is a lot simpler.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
so happy for the both of you Lenny, that the van has finally arrived. You certainly have been patient with this one.

it looks very nice indeed. Hope you both have many years and many miles of great adventures in it. Across the water of course and off-grid naturally. ;)

Am sure you will get used to the steering wheel being on the correct side of the vehicle though. It means that as senility starts to creep in you won't be overly confused when transitioning from car to van and back again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

have fun with the modifications and upgrades you are making. Everyone is watching (y)(y)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Am sure you will get used to the steering wheel being on the correct side of the vehicle though. It means that as senility starts to creep in you won't be overly confused when transitioning from car to van and back again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
But I do 8000-10,000 miles over the water about 1000 in the UK and the car only does 1000.
With our narrow roads with overgrown hedgerows LHD is much easier in the UK.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
Why?
A seperate inverter, charger & change over switching would have only cost about £150 less and I have a nice 120 amp charger instead of a 30 amp one and the wiring is a lot simpler.
Our Hymer came out of the factory wired and equipped with a B2B and EHU charger which will do all that we want in a motorhome. You can't get simpler than that. Just needed that heavy AGM swapped out for lithium. Added a 300 watt inverter for the laptop and we were on our way.

Reactions: DJT

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
its easy ,,if its chucking it down and she wants to watch soaps or similar ,,,i can watch the football ,,f1,,without any grief ,,every one likes different things ,,if the suns out i dont watch telly i am out side ,,what do you do if your away and its blowing a gale ,,pouring ,,/? play cards ,,monopoly or read books ,,?
Modifys stuff 😁

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Best order the LHD one now and you should see it in a few years time😃 have fun pimping this one for someone else though 😏
That could be an idea , especially as his first post said mi was complaining 🤣
I was thinking of starting a book to bet whether this is the last van as intended or whether its changed again in a few years 😁

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm curious to see what the size difference looks like when mine is parked alongside it .. your hymer was always a bit bigger but by your measurements this one is smaller than mine although I think it will be taller as mine is only 2.7m tall .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back