Lenny's Modding the new Mini Gin Palace (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Last two vans have been 2.21 so don't really notice the différance, I'm having more problem with the steering wheel on the wrong side, been driving LHD vans for 10 years.

Yep, bleeding awful Michelin Camper, got to be the worst tyres in the world.
Which Camper tyres are they Lenny. I've just put All Seasons Camper on mine and they're like chalk and cheese compared to the previous Agilis. Much quieter and better ride. If you've got Agilis on yours they must be pretty old.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Not knocking the size, looks fine to me but just looks narrow for that type of van.
Isn’t that meant to be the selling point, an A class similar width to a pvc?

Our coming up for 20 year old A class is a bit shorter than this one but ours will be probably be wider, it’s meant to stop you destroying hedges, clipping trucks/vans/walls etc.

Not measured ours so don’t know the width.

IMG_4031.jpeg

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations on your new van Lenny, as we all know what suits one won’t fit all. I hope you enjoy many happy miles and trips in it. Can’t believe some people are criticising your new purchase! Hope it’s in jest. Jealous f*€@ers.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
To charge the starter battery, why else. :LOL:
It will charge the starter battery all the time the hab batteries are connected.

I will still fit a Ablemail battery maintainer as I can't see the point of having the Multiplus running if the van is just sitting on the drive.
That is the reason for fitting the 10 ohm resistor so I can pre-charge the capacitors in the Multiplus when it's been off for a while, big inverters don't like being switched off & on it doesn't do the capacitors much good if connected directly to the batteries.
Will you be able to disable the CBE hab to cab charging (Happens when the main panel is on and the HAB is above 13.5v)? Mine still does it despite disabling the cab to hab (R37 snip), and not sure what to snip next.... Cant be doing any harm though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Congratulations on your new van Lenny, as we all know what suits one won’t fit all. I hope you enjoy many happy miles and trips in it. Can’t believe some people are criticising your new purchase! Hope it’s in jest. Jealous f*€@ers.
Dawn, I was talking about you this morning. Complaining actually. I had my shingles jab yesterday and it gave rise to some very bizarre dreams involving you. You kept knocking on our home front door and insisting that I come out walking with you in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. I went as well. It was one of those where I’d wake up and then go back into the same dream! We didn’t achieve anything but we seemed in a rush.Please don’t do it tonight as I’m worn out.

Great looking van Lenny. Enjoying reading about your modifications. It must have been very frustrating not being able to get started.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Will you be able to disable the CBE hab to cab charging (Happens when the main panel is on and the HAB is above 13.5v)? Mine still does it despite disabling the cab to hab (R37 snip), and not sure what to snip next.... Cant be doing any harm though.
I've removed the CBE mains charger, I noticed there is only a single feed to the distribution unit so I am now thinking the distribution unit distributes the charge to the starter battery. I'll check that out if the rain stops. May not need the connection from the Multiplus.
No R37 to worry about as B2B is standard.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Great looking van Lenny. Enjoying reading about your modifications. It must have been very frustrating not being able to get started.
You don't think daughter coming over stopped me do you?
Just not had time to put a thread up. Rain stopped play today.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Which Camper tyres are they Lenny. I've just put All Seasons Camper on mine and they're like chalk and cheese compared to the previous Agilis. Much quieter and better ride. If you've got Agilis on yours they must be pretty old.
They still make both types.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are meaning me , I am not criticiseing anything just saying what I think about it, and I also hope he likes his many trips away in his new van.
But as for being jealous nothing would be farther from the truth, I wouldn't beg a new van.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you are meaning me , I am not criticiseing anything just saying what I think about it, and I also hope he likes his many trips away in his new van.
But as for being jealous nothing would be farther from the truth, I wouldn't beg a new van.
One of our few luxuries in old age is new Motorhomes, only ever had new ones, can't bare the thought of buying a used one.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I've removed the CBE mains charger, I noticed there is only a single feed to the distribution unit so I am now thinking the distribution unit distributes the charge to the starter battery. I'll check that out if the rain stops. May not need the connection from the Multiplus.
No R37 to worry about as B2B is standard.
Yes mine doesn't have a B2B/Smart alternator as standard, so that is simpler on yours (which is very nice inside by the way). Do you have an "Out terminal in the DS? I'd hoped that would be the terminal that was shared, but although everything is on B1/B2 it still shows a current going to the CAB, I guess the thinking was to replenish the Pioneers draw when the TV is used on EHU, but when you're not, and there's no solar...... I guess you'll point yours to the Hab's? PS where's the PI?

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C-Tourer
Exp
since 2001
Nice van Lenny if a little small think me a Misses D would have a serious bout of cabin fever in something so compacted.

The Malibu had exactly the same small table 😂 changed it to this worked much better, ps still have the table top and adjustable leg 😉

View attachment 921025
Hi, does the adjustable leg rotate or just go up and down?

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Got the Multiplus mounted and started sorting out the wiring, taken out the CBS charger and put a Victron Orion XS in it's place as I don't thing much of the Schaudt B2B looking at using it just for the fridge.

View attachment 920963
and i am worried about putting a tv bracket in the bedroom as it might void the warranty 😂

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
So Lenny HB when you tire of this one in 2 or 3 years and you've soaked up all the depreciation put me down for first refusal rather than chopping it in with a dealer.
In the meantime enjoy your electrical tinkering and make the most of your new toy. Have fun!

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When is your first trip abroad in the new motorhome?
Probably mind September, not allowed to go until after granddaughters birthday.
Will do a little bit in the UK doing the Lynton Top Rally & retro Festival, may do a bit more if we can be bothered to find park ups.
and i am worried about putting a tv bracket in the bedroom as it might void the warranty 😂
I can never understand the need for 2 TV's in a Motorhome, wouldn't even have one in the bedroom at home.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So Lenny HB when you tire of this one in 2 or 3 years and you've soaked up all the depreciation put me down for first refusal rather than chopping it in with a dealer.
In the meantime enjoy your electrical tinkering and make the most of your new toy. Have fun!
At our age it will probably be our last one, hopefully we will still be Motorhoming in our 80's.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Probably mind September, not allowed to go until after granddaughters birthday.
Will do a little bit in the UK doing the Lynton Top Rally & retro Festival, may do a bit more if we can be bothered to find park ups.

I can never understand the need for 2 TV's in a Motorhome, wouldn't even have one in the bedroom at home.
We haven't got one in ours, can never find the time to watch one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not wishing to gloat but we've got a bigger lounge ... :giggle: ... and a proper 'jump' seat. :LOL: and we're shorter!

However ... giving 2 single beds in the rear Lenny's is a good layout and size compromise ... and he does have a bigger garage ... apparently! :p

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lovely van. I have an older one that still had the table and jump seat in it. As there are just two of us I got rid of the jump seat and put in a table which gives me a bit more food prep space.

View attachment 921049
Great idea there! I just removed the back cushion and a basket of dog leads, poo bags, ball etc sits there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back