Lenny's Modding the new Mini Gin Palace (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I've had enough of Carthago dodgy electrics to last a lifetime.
Their body construction may be top notch but their electrics are crap.
We found a few odd wiring bits and bobs, mainly where the standard CBE supplied loom had been joined to or fiddled with at the factory but assumed that was because it was built during the pandemic. Would also pop a bit of silicone spray on the front "chrome" if you can. Overall though its been pretty good.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Would also pop a bit of silicone spray on the front "chrome" if you can. Overall though its been pretty good.
Had problems with the chrome on Hymers it's OK if you keep it waxed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Just seen your thread. Love the new van & your mods (y) (tho’ I’ve no hope in understanding the electrics:LOL:)

Our Hymer was written off in rear end collision in 2021 & we ordered a new one. Got fed up waiting so purchased our Compactline 138 2years old in perfect condition and absolutely love it (tho’ would prefer your twin beds to our transverse but space on the drive is an issue). Perfect size for us and not a hint of a problem in the 16000 miles we’ve done over last 2 years (even the Comformatic has behaved itself so far:LOL:) Vanbitz have done our mods (strikeback, solar, inverter, lithium etc) & Rhino Instals did our Allugas refillables & Maxxair & as we aren’t confident to know what we’re doing:LOL:. Wish we were as handy as you, would have have saved a fortune.

Enjoy using it once you get away.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Smoke and CO alarms fitted.

IMG_20240724_131738926.jpg
IMG_20240724_131853111_HDR.jpg

Mar 10, 2022
South wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic
I've had enough of Carthago dodgy electrics to last a lifetime.
Their body construction may be top notch but their electrics are crap.
Hi
Interesting you say dodgy electrics. We have a fish smell to 1 side in the rear of ours which could be electrical ??
Carthago are absolutely useless in getting it sorted unfortunately

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
4th new van we have had never had them in any of them. Don't think I've seen any new vans with them in.
We had a Smoke detector and Carbon Monoxide jobby supplied by the dealer, and there is no mention of any in the Carthago manual - They do offer and extra Gas alarm though....

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
4th new van we have had never had them in any of them. Don't think I've seen any new vans with them in.
Ours came to the dealer loose and they fitted them. Probably from Adria U.K. rather than the manufacturer. I think they are a requirement by the NCC, not sure if anyone else.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I

That’s Mrs Westys side🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I’ll let her know your thoughts🤣🤣
Nah, don't believe it's Mrs W at all, remember with MHs where the damp actually appears isn't always where the water has come from as it 'runs' along the rails etc! :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back