Joined the Comfortmatic failure club (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
How did the clutch 'give in' - was it mechanical clunks, slipping clutch or gear selection problems?
When I arrived and parked there was a "noise" from the transmission. The technician later advised, for want of a better way of explaining it, had gone.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
If it were us, (whilst appreciating the expense), we'd rather tie the Adams Morey appointment in with the planned departure from Blighty's southern shores, ie, two birds with one stone. (y)

Good luck whatever your decision,

Jock. :)
Like your idea but our confidence, for a third time has been shattered, we will always be wondering when it's going to break down again. Financially it's costing us a fortune. Cheers Smudger55

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Sorry to learn of your issues especially as I was the OP.

Low mileage may not come into it as I suspect the lack of use was probably a factor with mine dying.

One thing, albeit cold comfort with that estimate, is it will be based on the diagnostic codes thrown out. Adams Morey as they open it up will genuinely look at stuff and change their opinions and need to replace bits depending on what they see. But it can take a while as their garage space availability for non prebooked is often overcapacity so they are juggling stuff.
Thanks Kannon Fodda, I had pre-empted leaving it there but as I posted, I could not drive it home anyway. The cost could come down once they have taken the gearbox out.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I should bloody well hope so with a 5.5 grand quote.
I think he’s said worse case scenario, yes it’s a lot of money, but it’s a big expensive ornament if it’s not done, but the point I was trying to make is when they’ve had their hands on it, I’d like to hope that he could start trusting it again👍

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Like your idea but our confidence, for a third time has been shattered, we will always be wondering when it's going to break down again. Financially it's costing us a fortune. Cheers Smudger55
I genuinely feel so sorry for you @Smudge55. :hugs:

Yet again, I am reminded of the practicalities of the good old fashioned 5/6 x speed manual gearboxes. :hot:

My very best wishes to you getting it all sorted, with the very minimal of expense possible. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Simon wouldn't give 10% discount he said it was on service and MOTs only 😭
Hmm the offer image in the subscription area says parts and servicing. So would hope there is at least money off any replacement parts, which at Fiat prices are extortionate.

Having said that from my disaster a year ago I do believe Simon did his best to lose or discount some of the cost I could have incurred at standard pricing.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Hmm the offer image in the subscription area says parts and servicing. So would hope there is at least money off any replacement parts, which at Fiat prices are extortionate.

Having said that from my disaster a year ago I do believe Simon did his best to lose or discount some of the cost I could have incurred at standard pricing.
That's what I thought having looked at the offer image. I have messaged Jim for clarification.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I am being charged £2000 labour plus vat, this being the worst case scenario. That was for 16hrs labour, therefore £125ph plus vat.

This does seem expensive, I don't know, what do others think?

They will be etting fed up with me soon with all my queries.

Ha.... a RED was downed by management and I last night...... in anger😠😡😠😡🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back