IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (16 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Just looked at Tesco and they have a deal of £14 for 100Gb (SIMonly) with no EU roaming fees till 2026. But doesn't say when in 2026 and it's a 24 month contract. So at worst that could mean just over 15 months of no EU roaming fees. If it were a 12 month contract I'd take it.
Not sure if they ever invoke them but check that their (as usual, well hidden) fair usage restrictions won't be an issue for your planned usage.

eg. Officially their phone SIMs can't be used in Mifi & must be used in UK before travel (and regularly/primarily thereafter).

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I like eSIMs , but would like to use one in my MiFi, as then I wouldn’t need to leave my phone all the time. Is there a MiFi that accepts eSIMs does anyone know?

Apparently the Teltonika RUTX series routers can be configured for eSiM use. I’ve not tried it myself - as yet! - but it looks to be possible according to Teltonika themselves:

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
I like eSIMs , but would like to use one in my MiFi, as then I wouldn’t need to leave my phone all the time. Is there a MiFi that accepts eSIMs does anyone know?
My Pepwave router works well with eSIMs - they call it a “BYO eSIM” when you install an eSIM you have purchased yourself.

I use eSIMs from Airhub and Connectpls very successfully.

Try with a cheap eSIM first as I have found some eSIM suppliers do not work- although Pepwave are making improvements all the time so maybe this problem has already gone away.

They have a lot of products so I suggest you have a look at the MAX BR and Transit Duo ranges.

When choosing be carful as some of these products have only got CAT4 modems, which limits the speed to less than 150Mbit/sec. They have others in the range that have CAT6 and CAT 12 modems that will give up to 300Mbit/sec which I find works very well all over the place (it’s comes up as LTE-A).

I have not found much 5G in the places I go but LTE-A has been great.

Also if you have plans for adding Starlink make sure the model you chose one that has enough bandwidth for this.

They have more info about eSIM support at: https://www.peplink.com/technology/esim/

And a handy product comparison tool at:

I would say their products are most suitable for a fairly technical audience.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is Reglo Mobile @ e.leclerc ?

Looks like a great option for a MiFi (in France) with 200Gb for <€10
Do they need proof of residence, or just an address (can use a friend's)?
I bought one yesterday , I used my driving license and an address of a nearby Aire.
It’s a 200 gb 5g for 9.80€ or without automatic top up its 100gb 5g but lower speed + 5€ for the sim
The shop set this one up for me, (earlier in the year bought another , shop registered it but I set the payment part) The shop was supposed to have setup payment so I get 200gb but that’s not happening yet but he did mention 24hr.
I’m using it in my ZTE MU5001 mifi

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Does anyone use ID Mobile, they seem to have an offer with a limit of 30gb roaming for £12 per month
Husband has ID sim in his mobile. We have always found them very good and roaming signal often better than mine but he does have a 5g phone. His data rolls over so he never uses it all. Best of all, he can take his phone in to Currys and speak to a young person who will sort out problems and not ask all the forgotten passwords before helping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Just a thought for the cost conscience. Go onto ‘hukd’ website and in the search bar look up ‘Lebara’. You will see a drop down list showing results. The top link takes you to the hottest deal and you chose the deal you want. For £1.99 a month you get 35Gb (you pay this for 7 months and then it changes to £8.90) you can cancel at anytime. You need to use the full 35Gb in the UK (month before) you go abroad or you may incur extra charges for data used when away (use more at home than away) You can get upto 30Gb allowance (not 100% on what allowance you get on each sim)
Want more data just buy 2 sims etc 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I emailed IQ this morning asking for a refund of £20 for my sim, they refunded me in 10 minutes.
That’s good service. I WhatsApp massaged them and asked if I bought another 100Gb bundle before the 30/09 would they honour the whole 100 and they immediately came back with a yes.
Can’t complain about customer service. I’ve had my sim for a while now so very little refund. I’ll hang on and wait to see what they come back with.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Husband has ID sim in his mobile. We have always found them very good and roaming signal often better than mine but he does have a 5g phone. His data rolls over so he never uses it all. Best of all, he can take his phone in to Currys and speak to a young person who will sort out problems and not ask all the forgotten passwords before helping.

Have never tried the Currys visit approach but my wife and I have both had awful experiences with ID customer services. I couldn’t wait to get rid of them when my contract expired. Maybe we were both unlucky?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back