IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (23 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Just looked at Tesco and they have a deal of £14 for 100Gb (SIMonly) with no EU roaming fees till 2026. But doesn't say when in 2026 and it's a 24 month contract. So at worst that could mean just over 15 months of no EU roaming fees. If it were a 12 month contract I'd take it.
Not sure if they ever invoke them but check that their (as usual, well hidden) fair usage restrictions won't be an issue for your planned usage.

eg. Officially their phone SIMs can't be used in Mifi & must be used in UK before travel (and regularly/primarily thereafter).

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I like eSIMs , but would like to use one in my MiFi, as then I wouldn’t need to leave my phone all the time. Is there a MiFi that accepts eSIMs does anyone know?

Apparently the Teltonika RUTX series routers can be configured for eSiM use. I’ve not tried it myself - as yet! - but it looks to be possible according to Teltonika themselves:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back