Hedgehogs are still about…. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Our hedgehog, Pickles, got eaten, no idea what, all that was left was his back and spines everywhere, just feet from our front door. Devastated. We live in the country, no idea what got him

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Our hedgehog, Pickles, got eaten, no idea what, all that was left was his back and spines everywhere, just feet from our front door. Devastated. We live in the country, no idea what got him
Badgers eat hedgehogs ......

Weve just spotted a baby hedgehog in our garden, we are dog sitting and it was the dog that alerted us. SWMS decided we needed a hog house, so i quickly put one together using some scrap scaffolding boards, its well 'over the top' but it was 'free'

it has a small return internally to stop draughts. we placed the hog inside yesterday and a couple of hours later it wandered off, so i thought it was off back to where it 'lived', but surprisingly it returned early evening, so we quickly left out some more cat food, which it seems to have eaten this morning.

Not sure where it is now and im not moving the hog house to see if its in there as we just want to leave it be.

any tips, suggestions as to how we can 'help it' ...?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I made a hog feeding station with tunnel leading to food, it has a removal top. Also a house with tunnel leading round into the sleeping area, Peggy used to love it in there, she piled with straw. She disappeared, leaving the rat to take over. So cleaned the house out ready for a hopeful new resident. The house has a peephole so that I can see if there is anyone inside.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Nature can be so cruel. We had wood pigeons nesting in our hedge for years then one night one flew at the bedroom window. I found it's wing on ground in the morning, all that was left, then 4 nights later I looked out of the window and the headless body of the other was on the lawn being picked at by a sparrow hawk. The birdsong used to be so lovely here from 4am onwards now it is deadly silent. I have tried putting lots of little bowls of water around and bird seed in the feeders but they have all gone:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back