Apr

Rally Easter at Quackers, Woodside Field 6 - 11 April 2023 šŸ„šŸ„ (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
46 minutes before the first "F" of the rally.
I think there was one or two in here at bedtime both nights, and before we get any inappropriate comments, we have discovered neither of us can bend to move the cushions and make up the bed. ! ā˜¹ļø. How age catches up with us, Iā€™m sure we were ok last time out.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Well it nearly time for fish and chips

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good Morning
Another lovely day
We saved a couple of packs of Hot Cross Buns from yesterday, for the Friday arrivals
suavecarve:2.0 suavecarve buzz1 and Mr Ed
So if you would like to come to the tent at 11 am today we will toast them for you.
I believe there are also a few left from yesterday somewhere?? ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Mrs Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Good Morning
Another lovely day
We saved a couple of packs of Hot Cross Buns from yesterday, for the Friday arrivals
So if you would like to come to the tent at 11 am today we will toast them for you.
Theyre by the BBQ - they ended up.in our van šŸ™ƒ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
Iā€™m newbie
Good Morning
Another lovely day
Sorry Annie
Only just seen this , no worries we went out walking earlier, but we are fine.
but thanks for the offer .
Graham

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Brians scorecard (allegedly)
16809853804443304976790152106380.jpg

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Anyone who has retired from the wine tasting still conscious may like to watch a documentary on Burt Bacharac on bbc2 some great songs. :giggle:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well what a lovely time weā€™re having here at Quackers Field.

We were Wyre Piddle Refugees, but in true British style weā€™ve been welcomed with open arms.

The hot cross buns were lovely yesterday, and the sunshine was welcome.

Iā€™ve been jamming with Sharon shazanddave and thereā€™s talk of us playing tomorrow night (not for long - honest, and we will stop if paidā€¦) :rofl:

I came in at the end of the wine tasting, and I could see that there had been a lot of tasting done ā€¦..

I sat next to Cā€™More Fun Finder Troi, and I apologise for asking so many questions.

However scousebird Helen, you will have to induct John lunarman into the Honorary Males section of the NMC - Iā€™ve just left them sitting round the campfire, and Heā€™s doing the club proud - forget the third degree, interrogation is what it sounded like. Troiā€™s bearing up - just about! :rofl: What with that and the Woodfire Smoke Torture, sheā€™s passing her Funster Compatability Test with flying colours!

Easter Eggs and Bacon Butties tomorrow - whatā€™s not to like!

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Iā€™ve been jamming with Sharon @shazanddave and thereā€™s talk of us playing tomorrow night (not for long - honest, and we will stop if paidā€¦) :rofl:
Please, please play tonight and I request the Ballard of the Thetford Cassette

A great time was had by all last night and special thanks go to Owen L' Hobo and Phil Taran_Las for their efforts.
Somehow Owenā€™s bottle won. However - looking at Brianā€™s scoresheet and and knowing what our score sheets looked like - similar fractions but bottles numbered down the sheet in the order they came around, rather than 1,2,3. I have to wonder how Helen Mrs Quackers managed to do the adding up considering that she was as merry as the rest of us. šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·
Who has the photos?

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Well what a lovely time weā€™re having here at Quackers Field.

We were Wyre Piddle Refugees, but in true British style weā€™ve been welcomed with open arms.

The hot cross buns were lovely yesterday, and the sunshine was welcome.

Iā€™ve been jamming with Sharon shazanddave and thereā€™s talk of us playing tomorrow night (not for long - honest, and we will stop if paidā€¦) :rofl:

I came in at the end of the wine tasting, and I could see that there had been a lot of tasting done ā€¦..

I sat next to Cā€™More Fun Finder Troi, and I apologise for asking so many questions.

However scousebird Helen, you will have to induct John lunarman into the Honorary Males section of the NMC - Iā€™ve just left them sitting round the campfire, and Heā€™s doing the club proud - forget the third degree, interrogation is what it sounded like. Troiā€™s bearing up - just about! :rofl: What with that and the Woodfire Smoke Torture, sheā€™s passing her Funster Compatability Test with flying colours!

Easter Eggs and Bacon Butties tomorrow - whatā€™s not to like!
It will be lovely to hear you play tonight šŸŽ…

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Easter Egg Hunt does not start until 10:30 !!
That applies to early morning dog walkers, John nearly collected them all šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Funny how the Easter bunny managed to hide the eggs and not one wimper from any of the guard van dogs. He must have cast a spell so they would sleep through šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Sorry Annie
Only just seen this , no worries we went out walking earlier, but we are fine.
but thanks for the offer .
Graham

A great time was had by all last night and special thanks go to Owen L' Hobo and Phil Taran_Las for their efforts.
Somehow Owenā€™s bottle won. However - looking at Brianā€™s scoresheet and and knowing what our score sheets looked like - similar fractions but bottles numbered down the sheet in the order they came around, rather than 1,2,3. I have to wonder how Helen Mrs Quackers managed to do the adding up considering that she was as merry as the rest of us. šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·šŸ·
Who has the photos?
Morning ALL!
Like Riverbankannie I would also like to thank EVERYONE that participated last night but especially my 'Glamourous Assistant ' and Helen for their hardwork last night.

Thankyou all for allowing me to win because ALL the Ā£38 entrance money can now be given to the Air Ambulance. I hope you will be as generous today when Brian will organise the money throw at my last bottle of winning wine from the 6 bottles Mr. Tesco allowed me to purchase, a few days ago for the princely sum, with discount, of Ā£32,

Thakyou all again, Cheers!

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010

Who has the photos?
Ditto to the loo request. šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Well today ends with a missing chocolate egg token, Number 85, a good hunt was otherwise done with Arabella finding 9.! šŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„ššŸ„š. My able helper Nanniemate took one for the team and, going out early on a cold morning, donned her bunny ears and hid the tokens for the eggs.

Sharan shazanddave and Lois Nanniemate were a fantastic team at the BBQ cookng the bacon and serving the rolls. I think we raised another Ā£97 for the Air Ambulance.
Thank you so much for your help.

The gin tasting event turned into Gin n Knit in a rather chilly late afternoon, I still love the one Helen made at Gin School.

The General Knowledge Quiz was won by Quackers, Brian and Helen and CraftyCaver Myra and Paul. Then the results of the Dingbats quiz came in , CraftyCaver once again. So with trepidation i received the results of the Name the Musical Band competition drawn out by the campers and put in windows. Thankfully there was a clear winner in Mr Ed

Then we had a get the coin closest to the bottles to win it - won by Rob Kannon Fodda . The bottle very kindly donated by Owen L' Hobo raising Ā£17 more for the GWAA

Thank you everyone for a great Easter Sunday.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
I know we have one more day of fun to go but we would like to say how much we have enjoyed our first and not the last of our fun rallies. We have been made feel very welcome and have met so many lovely people. Thanks to everyone who has helped organise this rally and our lovely neighbours Cliff and Geraldine, Owen and to Ange who gave me a lift to Tesco on Saturday morning and introduced me to Yate. Michael (Mike) had a pleasant surprise when he found out that a brother of one of his old school mates (many years ago) is also on the rally (Martin-Mr Ed). It was lovely chatting to Bob and Janice and we are sorry we didnā€™t get chance to say ā€œgoodbyeā€ but we hope to catch up with you at Peterborough. Thanks once again and letā€™s hope we all meet again soon. Pauline (and Mike)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Lie in this morning until 7am it's a wet morning but will clear up shortly
Great musical entertainment last night
And quiz even with a team of 6 we still lost , which is becoming a tradition.
Thanks Riverbankannie and John for making and aadjudicating tough job.
Geraldine and Sharon, Thank-you for the entertainment .
Looking forward to doggy Olympics later today, weather permitting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back