Apr

Rally Easter at Quackers, Woodside Field 6 - 11 April 2023 🐥🐥 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Here are my choices
11F1F203-FA23-4345-A10F-B73939021AE1.jpeg

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Maybe that’s one of the reasons I’m having trouble navigating the site, I was blaming it on my phone.
I believe it's possible to change your forum name if you think it might be causing a problem, but maybe do it after the rally so as to not confuse the organisers if you do decide to change it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Gentile reminder - 10:00 5th April I will be picking up my order from the Gin school Stafford. If anyone wishes to order and pay for any of the Gin school's products, I will be more than happy to pick-up and deliver them to the Easter rally. This will save you any delivery charges that would normally be levied. Just let Andrew know I will be picking them up for you.

No need to thank me - I know I'm all heart.💙:LOL:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Gentile reminder - 10:00 5th April I will be picking up my order from the Gin school Stafford. If anyone wishes to order and pay for any of the Gin school's products, I will be more than happy to pick-up and deliver them to the Easter rally. This will save you any delivery charges that would normally be levied. Just let Andrew know I will be picking them up for you.

No need to thank me - I know I'm all heart.💙:LOL:
Very kind of you Phill.
Here is the website if anybody wants to have a look at it
http://www.ginjamboree.co.uk/
but please DON'T tell Helen - we can't move for gin as it is 🤣

C’More Fun Finder

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 474
Exp
I’m a newbie😎 Picked up C’More 17 June 2022
I still need to get a motorhomefun sticker but haven’t had an address to send it to. Any chance I’ll be able to pick one up at this rally?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I still need to get a motorhomefun sticker but haven’t had an address to send it to. Any chance I’ll be able to pick one up at this rally?
Use the address,

Naughty corner
Woodside Field
Old Sodbury

I suspect Annie or Brian have a few, daughter may need one as well

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Pitch inspection tomorrow! Obviously wet but we are not starting until Thursday so have more dry days to come, and of course higher ground here.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi All I have been to woodside field this morning and can report that the ground is surprisingly firm and the rally will be going ahead as planned.
The way the rally will be laid out maybe different from previously with vans pointing down the slope so you will need levelling blocks.
Although there are ample water points these are in an area that is still muddy and will be roped of so vans are being kept away. So if you could arrive full of water it would be appreciated.
When you arrive the gate should be open please pull in off the road and wait at the bottom of the hill for further instructions.
Looking forward to seeing you all

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Great news that we have passed the pitch inspection.
We do have room for a few more Dorwyn and any others.
We are planning a wine tasting event, which was so successful and enjoyable, last year.
If you wish to join in please prepare a bottle (or two) in advance, covered up with paper, with only cork/screw cap showing.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Here is an interesting photo on today’s local BBC page. It shows the railway line which runs under the hill at Old Sodbury. You can see the amount of water on the track which is running down from Woodside field and the others on the hill above. We will be right at the top of the hill towards the right. You can just about see one of Brunel’s ventilation shafts in a field above the line. You will be able to see this close up from Hill Lane. If you walk to The Dog Inn, you will be able to see Brunel’s tunnel entrance.
8F044591-A760-4CBF-BA2D-DDC023311327.jpeg

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We spent all morning pushing the water off the site, ready for the 11 am inspection by lunarman. I expect the train drivers are on strike anyway. :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We spent all morning pushing the water off the site, ready for the 11 am inspection by lunarman. I expect the train drivers are on strike anyway. :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:
Water and leccy that's the new excuse rather than wrong leaves, snow, sun 🌞

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Great news that we have passed the pitch inspection.
We do have room for a few more Dorwyn and any others.
We are planning a wine tasting event, which was so successful and enjoyable, last year.
If you wish to join in please prepare a bottle (or two) in advance, covered up with paper, with only cork/screw cap showing.

Wine Tasting Event,

Just like last year, my 'Glamourous Assistant' (Taran_Las) and I, will be in charge ( :rofl: ) and like last year, there will be a £2 entry fee (half of the which will go to the winner and half to the Air Ambulance Charity) so, if all those wishing to participate, can bring a bottle of the favourite wine, rolled up in Newspaper, (or £20 notes etc). and Sello/Gaffer taped, so that only only the cork/screw-top is showing, we would appreciate it.

(more than one entry, with appropriate £2 fee payment, is allowed) :giggle:

Details/time etc, of the challenge will be posted on the white board at the event. Cheers! :drink:

PS. IF enough White wine entrants are received, there may be a separate challenge event on another day?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back