Apr

Rally Easter at Quackers, Woodside Field 6 - 11 April 2023 šŸ„šŸ„ (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi all
Unfortunately we are off in a minute, sorry we are going to miss dog event, nice meeting you all enjoy rest of your time .
Thanks to all of you
Graham Karen Vikki willow.
Ps thank you Brian Helen
Safe journey great to meet you all please give willow a big fuss from me she's lovely šŸ˜

Aug 22, 2019
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 474
Exp
Iā€™m a newbiešŸ˜Ž Picked up Cā€™More 17 June 2022
Doggie šŸ¶ Olympics

image.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Home now and van unpacked.

We had a lovely Easter weekend, and made a lot of new Funster friends.

Thanks to Helen and Brian for hosting, and for making us so welcome as usual, and to Riverbankannie Annie for all the organisation and quizzes etc, and to lunarman John and Taran_Las Phil for taking pity on two Wyre Piddle refugees and letting us in! šŸ˜‰

Thanks Phil for the lovely curry, and I hope you enjoyed the racing at Castle Combe today.

Thanks also to our appreciative audience last night. I was really nervous, I donā€™t know about shazanddave Sharon! It was lovely jamming with you Sharon, and Iā€™m glad my personal Luthier was able to fix your guitar - it sounded lovely.

Weā€™re sorry about our cunning plan to fool people into thinking our band was The Village People, when we had actually depicted Men at Work. For the benefit of Annie - we didnā€™t make the band up ā€¦.

:rofl:

Safe journey home to all those still enjoying Quackerā€™s Field, and we will definitely be back!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Home now and van unpacked.

We had a lovely Easter weekend, and made a lot of new Funster friends.

Thanks to Helen and Brian for hosting, and for making us so welcome as usual, and to Riverbankannie Annie for all the organisation and quizzes etc.

Thanks Taran_Las Phil for the lovely curry, and I hope you enjoyed the racing at Castle Combe today.

Thanks also to our appreciative audience last night. I was really nervous, I donā€™t know about shazanddave Sharon! It was lovely jamming with you Sharon, and Iā€™m glad my personal Luthier was able to fix your guitar - it sounded lovely.

Weā€™re sorry about our cunning plan to fool people into thinking our band was The Village People, when we had actually depicted Men at Work. For the benefit of Annie - we didnā€™t make the band up ā€¦.

:rofl:

Safe journey home to all those still enjoying Quackerā€™s Field, and we will definitely be back!

One of my favourite songs. Fabulous having you as neighbours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Home, van unpacked, bedding in the wash and a cup of tea made.
Rosie now making up for kibble and water that she refused while there.
Thanks everyone for an enjoyable if somewhat chilly time.
Brian and Helen Quackers excellent hosts as ever - or should that be eggcellent?

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Well that was an experience (y)

Thanks to our hosts Brian and Helen, our organisers Annie and John, our marshalls, our quizmasters, our sommelier, our egg planters, and of course everyone else for being there.

Now to do battle with an uncooperative toilet :(

edit - dodgy spelling of the wine connoisseur

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp

Thanks to our hosts Brian and Helen, our organisers Annie and John, our marshalls, our quizmasters, our somaliers, our egg planters, and of course everyone else for being there.

Another toilet thread :whistle2:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Many thanks from me also to our hosts Brian and Helen and Annie, John and all the others that contributed to the weekend, it was great to put faces to names and meet you all, special thanks to Taran Las for sharing his rum with me it was very much appreciated :giggle:
I'm now safely ensconced in windy, rainy and slopey Damage Barton but the view is great and the warden helpful, what more can you ask for :giggle:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many thanks from me also to our hosts Brian and Helen and Annie, John and all the others that contributed to the weekend, it was great to put faces to names and meet you all, special thanks to Taran Las for sharing his rum with me it was very much appreciated :giggle:
I'm now safely ensconced in windy, rainy and slopey Damage Barton but the view is great and the warden helpful, what more can you ask for :giggle:
more rum??

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018

Thanks to our hosts Brian and Helen, our organisers Annie and John, our marshalls, our quizmasters, our somaliers, our egg planters, and of course everyone else for being there.

It was lovely meeting you and some of the other funsters

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
It took us 4 & half hours but we finally got home. Just as the rain started. Had a lovely time with you all. Thanks to Helen and Brian, Annie, John and all the helpers and my cooking buddy Lois. Take care and catch up with you all again xx
Lovely meeting you both, glad you got home ok. Hopefully see you again soon.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Got home 15:30. Rather windy driving up the M5 and rather wet from Wolverhampton to home. I really enjoyed the rally, so much so, I didn't really want to leave.:cry: Thanks to Lunarman for the lift to and from Castle Combe race track.šŸŽļø Now that I'm home, there are more than enough chores to keep me occupied.šŸ› ļø

Thanks to everyone for a terrific rally. (y)
:thanks3:

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Great time at Woodside as usual, thanks to the organisers, helpers, and funsters, and I hope I meet you all again. Home now to a lovely log fire, but I didn't really want to leave the haven on the hill.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
What makes a great rally is you lot. We love Funsters visiting Woodside Field and it was so nice to see so many of you returning. We really hope you all enjoyed your stay and the first timers didn't think we were all too crazy. Annie (Riverbankannie) & John (lunarman) you are both legends, backed up by a special Funster army who are always there when you need them, thanks people, you know who you are.

It was a close call that the rally actually happened, 7am on the first morning our van was skidding around the site and left us wondering if it was wise to continue. lunarman who was laughing his head off at our attempt to park on our own site said to us it will be ok, it is only a piece of grass as we made the second set of skid marks on the lawn. (I wont mention who claimed the first prize.) Bravo to all your determined grit to get up the runway, and for the magical people who appeared out of nowhere when the heavens opened moving track mats, pushing vans and even driving people up the hill.

Brian & Helen

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
What makes a great rally is you lot. We love Funsters visiting Woodside Field and it was so nice to see so many of you returning. We really hope you all enjoyed your stay and the first timers didn't think we were all too crazy. Annie (Riverbankannie) & John (lunarman) you are both legends, backed up by a special Funster army who are always there when you need them, thanks people, you know who you are.

It was a close call that the rally actually happened, 7am on the first morning our van was skidding around the site and left us wondering if it was wise to continue. lunarman who was laughing his head off at our attempt to park on our own site said to us it will be ok, it is only a piece of grass as we made the second set of skid marks on the lawn. (I wont mention who claimed the first prize.) Bravo to all your determined grit to get up the runway, and for the magical people who appeared out of nowhere when the heavens opened moving track mats, pushing vans and even driving people up the hill.

Brian & Helen
We really enjoyed our first rally and it was lovely and really appreciated how welcome you and all the other funsters made us. We feel we have made new motorhome friends and hopefully we will meet some of you at other rallies. We certainly didnā€™t think any of you were crazy and even if you were, itā€™s better than not making us feel welcome.

Pauline xx

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
We really enjoyed our first rally and it was lovely and really appreciated how welcome you and all the other funsters made us. We feel we have made new motorhome friends and hopefully we will meet some of you at other rallies. We certainly didnā€™t think any of you were crazy and even if you were, itā€™s better than not making us feel welcome.

Pauline xx
We must be slacking then if you think we're not crazy šŸ˜œ

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
So where are all the photos from the Easter Rally?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back