Disgusting behaviour on NC500 (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Being reported that a MH driver was striding across a car park on NC500 having helped himself to armfuls of food from the Lochinver Community Larder, a local self-service food bank arrangement. When challenged by a local whether he realised it was food for vulnerable locals he reportedly just shrugged and carried on. Sadly the local didn’t seem to have got a photo of the van or reg no!

I appreciate that this is reported (including on the larder’s FB page) not verified, and that a lot of hire vans do the NC500, but this is publicity we can really do without. If by any remote chance the person concerned is a member on here, may your head hang in shame.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Not wishing to be a party-pooper but “our” community LARDER is stocked with short-dated food and everyone is invited to use it rather than see it go to waste. Personally I have never been to it but my daughters have both brought me scones which otherwise would have gone to landfill.

Food BANKS are totally different and require authorisation before recipients can access their offerings.

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
In our village it’s the local phone booth that’s been converted to a food station. Lots of lovely stuff the villagers put in. So far it’s not been robbed. We even have a free library 📚 along the same style but a lovely purpose built shed library. 👍👍🥃

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I wouldn‘t believe for one minute it would be someone who was a member of this site.

Ask Jaws about the dog biscuits at the Newark meet and those that refused to pay for the meals they ordered for the Thetford Bash that John had paid for in advance when they did not bother turning up. :swear:

OP
OP
S
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Not wishing to be a party-pooper but “our” community LARDER is stocked with short-dated food and everyone is invited to use it rather than see it go to waste. Personally I have never been to it but my daughters have both brought me scones which otherwise would have gone to landfill.

Food BANKS are totally different and require authorisation before recipients can access their offerings.

Gordon
Yes, seen that comment elsewhere too - but also that you are supposed to only take what is for your immediate needs. (The concept is a brilliant one.). It sounds like this individual was taking a large amount - and if you were challenged on that by a local surely the reasonable response would be along the lines of “sorry, I misunderstood “ rather than carrying on regardles?

Deleted User
Ask Jaws about the dog biscuits at the Newark meet and those that refused to pay for the meals they ordered for the Thetford Bash that John had paid for in advance when they did not bother turning up. :swear:
I’m sure they know who they are. Personally I don’t get that type of conduct.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
The local council in Southampton have just finished a play area with equipment /landscape area in the middle of town hill park ‘social housing’ ( is it still called that ) some saplings were planted , I noticed today one as been snapped off , again sign of the times . Disheartening to say the least

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Proud people ! Who sponges off whoever , a lot around a good days work would kill them
They don't know what a good day's work is and they arent happy to work for it and believe they are entitled to more

Yes working is boring and a bit crap, yes there are people who adore there work and don't class it as work (not me sorry) but it gives us routine, some purpose in life but most of all makes use value what we purchase with our earnings

I was only 35 when I got my autotrail and if I had been given it I wouldn't drive it like I do or look after it anywhere as well as I do

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Wouldn’t work , the mod don’t want them the country don’t want them , conscription don’t work . The training staff of mod have better things to do

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
No evidence then it didn't happen sorry. More likely to be an anti motorhome tactic.
Agree with this👆......... Without a Reg No or photo it's just someone's word that it happened. Seen so much cr*p posted on social media recently I tend to disbelieve it all unless it can be verified.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Wouldn’t work , the mod don’t want them the country don’t want them , conscription don’t work . The training staff of mod have better things to do
Issue with the Mod is that it's not that we don't want them but they don't wont us

A little bit of hardship, discipline, direction, focus speech and being direct to people doesnt go down well. They have cried, sulked, put complaints in or worse case left without trying to sue

I try and mentor, explain and build people to want to become better at everything they do not just work, life's hard enough but being humble and understanding that helping or being helped is good and not a sign of weakness will chnage anyones life.

Less social media would help everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back