CritAir, how many bother with it? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I do try to obey the rules of the countries I visit even if I don’t always understand them. If I fail to follow them it’s not deliberate eg my speeding fine on our first day in Spain this year, careless, pay up. I just think it’s the right thing to do.

I suppose I expect other people to do the same over here which is why I feel a degree of sympathy for those who get confused by some of our schemes. They don’t make it easy eg London or Dartford whereas France and Germany couldn’t be easier and they’re cheap. Go on people just do it or at least don’t try to encourage people not to.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I think it's good that EU countries chase fines from UK motorists and we should do exactly the same with visitors to the UK. I don't see any reason why we couldn't have a reciprocal agreement with the EU to allow access to each others database.
I have no problems with that it is just as I have posted, the illegal methods of obtaining details that they use which contravenes dat protection and gdpr
*& yes I have direct personal knowledge of fraudulent,criminal and illegal methods of obtaining said information, and in writing ✍️.

What do the French and German government do if you don't have a stisticker

Germany used to be 40€ fine
French I think was135€?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I have Googled everything from;

How much money does the French Government make in fines on motorists who fail to display a Crit'Aire vignette ?

through;

Has any UK motorist been fined for not displaying a French Crit'Air vignette ?

to;

How much has been raised in Crit'Air fines by French departments and communes ?

I found no answers, nor any information whcih might point to the fact that this entire scheme is just a big ploy to make money
You may need to search in French 😂

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
What a hilarious thread. No one seems to know anyone who's been done for not having a Crit air sticker or for driving thru a zone without one and yet it's all a money making scam...also, the sticker and associated registration and mailing it to your door costs less than a fiver....and is a money making scam. :LOL:
I reckon no one knows cos we ain't French. Not a scam at a fiver but allows the city to easily stop the most polluting vehicles clogging up the people's lungs with all the crap they throw out.🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have asked this Question several times in several related threads but had no definitive answers, even from French Residents.

There are some permanent emissions zones in France, but the majority are authorised to only come into effect when emission levels exceed a specified level.

MY QUESTION IS -

How do local authorities promulgate the information about when their zone has become effective and for what category of CritAir stickers?

Do they erect signs on all entry points? Publish it on their website? Broadcast it on local radio?

How are we itinerants to know where to look and how far in advance of our entry into a temporary emissions zone?

DandJ

Free Member
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I have asked this Question several times in several related threads but had no definitive answers, even from French Residents.

There are some permanent emissions zones in France, but the majority are authorised to only come into effect when emission levels exceed a specified level.

MY QUESTION IS -

How do local authorities promulgate the information about when their zone has become effective and for what category of CritAir stickers?

Do they erect signs on all entry points? Publish it on their website? Broadcast it on local radio?

How are we itinerants to know where to look and how far in advance of our entry into a temporary emissions zone?
I understand it to be a mix of things. Digital info boards on roadsides. It is on the green-zones website and they have a greenzones app. I would presume it is broadcast on local radio...but I don't listen to local radio. Most local to me don't bother with the stickers. But then I live in a rural area with a very low population density and few cars and the biggest town around is small by UK standards.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I understand it to be a mix of things. Digital info boards on roadsides. It is on the green-zones website and they have a greenzones app. I would presume it is broadcast on local radio...but I don't listen to local radio. Most local to me don't bother with the stickers. But then I live in a rural area with a very low population density and few cars and the biggest town around is small by UK standards.

Thanks.

It would be a faff checking the website every time one goes near a temporary emissions zone.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
If you apply for all these things and give them your names and address then they’ve got ya
159EFCC9-A378-4D0F-B8E1-133258A69C1A.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2017
Buckinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 164
Yes all done now, €4.76 might try to get lost in Rouen to get our moneys worth :LOL:
Just be careful in the centre of Rouen if you are following Google as it may send you down some of those very low underpasses
What's the difference between Rouen ZFE & ZPA zones. With a Crit Air 4 I can't go into the ZFE
Best to look up the local town map etc..

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just be careful in the centre of Rouen if you are following Google as it may send you down some of those very low underpasses

Best to look up the local town map etc..
Thanks (y) used to do it years ago with a map but then sat navs took over, pretty straight forward as long as they don't close any roads:unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back