CritAir, how many bother with it? (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
T
It’s NEVER been about air quality Martin or they would just ban ICE vehicles full stop!!
It’s a money maker for those in power🤷‍♂️😤😤
Totally disagree although I do think they could start banning the most polluting vehicles progressively as I understand it thats the way the critic air works as pollution levels rise they ban the more polluting classes of vehicle sounds very sensible

From the RAC

In these areas, certain vehicles can be refused entry based on the Crit’Air sticker displayed on the windscreen – either all the time or on certain days where air pollution levels are dangerously high

Presumably you're in favour it's all about reducing pollution not making money!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
So who has it ever disadvantaged?
Me by a fiver by the sounds of it.

Just cant see the point of getting the French one when the French (who live outside the permanent zones) dont get one.
Never bothered with the blow in a bag for France either.
Havent bothered with the Angles Mort.

We just dont get go into those areas. I still firmly believe that Rouen has an exemption on the main routes which I know will change at some time.

Germany is different for me because there is a road in the Black Forest where the detour if you dont use it, outweighs the expense of the green thing. So we got one of those.

Just got a new van, will be uprating in due course, but still cant see Angles Mort making an appearance, I will do Germany, doubt I will do France.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I went through it twice last year and heard nothing yet.
What has that to do with them supplying the French with your details when asked?
So if you are that bothered, send them to a friend/neighbour.
How would that work when you have to supply your registration documents?
I have french,German, Spanish stickers. I drive through Rouen regardless of if there is a pollution level in force. How would I know seeing as they don't operate in other languages.
Additionally I always exit immediately before the bridge and travel down the northern side of the river through the former industrial areas and slums,that is now 100% emission zone.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
We've got the crit aire and angle mortes on the van. The way it look at it, if I somehow take a wrong turn in Rouen for example, if im not concentrating 100%, I don't have to worry. Likewise, using all old roads through France, I've seen a few spot check points where old bill are looking round vans, motorhomes and trucks. If I'm compliant with the angle mortes then again, I don't have to worry.
First year it was introduced I never bothered and I thought then, it's really not worth the worry when you see the old bill, wondering if they're going to give you a tug?

Jun 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Pilote C6 2009
Exp
Since 2023
I ordered the French critair sticker on the 12th June, It said it would come by post but nothing yet.. We go in less than a week, oh well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Only name and reg of vehicle given on ferry crossing, no address at all….
So with 'only' your name and reg number you can't be traced? V5, it has your registration number, name and address on it. Did you pay with a credit card, or bank card? Those little numbers on the cards hold a lot of information about you. Phone number, address, email address etc. My way of thinking is if I comply with the laws of the country I'm in, I'me less likely to attract attention to myself. But hey, if folk want to save a few bob, then that's up to them.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
I ordered the French critair sticker on the 12th June, It said it would come by post but nothing yet.. We go in less than a week, oh well.
If you had a confirmation email that you paid or you have a bank/credit card statement showing it's been paid for then I'd print that off and take it with you. At least you can show you made the effort and paid!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It's issued to the vehicle not the driver.
That sort of makes the idea that they are collecting the owners details for speeding fines very difficult to believe. It makes it sound a bit like a conspiracy theory

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
According to Google the critair is also valid in Spain and Portugal's lez's.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Came through in march on a last minute mad dash from Murcia in a 26 hour job
Completely forgot about it..heard nowt

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
The sticker stays with the vehicle, not the owner.
So they use the vehicle vin not the registration no.?
In that case the new to us van had both stickers in the window when we got it which I promptly removed as they had the previous owners registration number on them so I will be okay if the apnr camera picks me up as the vin no. will show the stickers as paid for. 👍🏻

Nov 5, 2017
Buckinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 164
Just pondering whether or not to register :unsure: the only zone we might go near would be Rouen and then that would just be straight through, do most people get one and has anybody ever been stopped and fined for not having one inside a Zone?
Its a straight forward process to obtain the permit. It cost me 4 euros and the sticker was sent very quickly to my address in the UK. Rouen is only one town that is pretty hot on the Clean Air Zone. We use Rouen often so it made sense. And of course you never know you may end up going into other clean air zones around France.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its a straight forward process to obtain the permit. It cost me 4 euros and the sticker was sent very quickly to my address in the UK. Rouen is only one town that is pretty hot on the Clean Air Zone. We use Rouen often so it made sense. And of course you never know you may end up going into other clean air zones around France.
Yes all done now, €4.76 might try to get lost in Rouen to get our moneys worth :LOL:

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Normally an email is issued with your application awaiting approval which can be shown if challenged.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Normally an email is issued with your application awaiting approval which can be shown if challenged.
I got this below, and a confirmation of payment.

Dear,

Thank you for ordering an air quality certificate. This is currently being processed.

It bears the number 24203—————-. This number allows you to follow the progress of your order. We advise you to keep it carefully.

Please find the registration requested below:

Registration number Date of first registration
YN20—- 01/04/2020

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We are going next Spring and I don’t and won’t be, no Angles Mortes stickers either

Reminds me of the days when we were supposed to paint our headlights yellow , didn’t do that either 😁
You rebel.:rofl:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
You should of got an email with a temporary one you can use till the sticker arrives, but normally they are back in 7 to 10 days.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes all done now, €4.76 might try to get lost in Rouen to get our moneys worth :LOL:
With the current roadworks and diversions Martin, that might be easier than you anticipate. :LOL:

I was initially sceptical about getting a Criti Air certificate for the Flair, but as we invariably transit Rouen on every trip south, and with the introduction of ANPR cameras too, it seemed the practical decision. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers,

Jock. :)

DandJ

Free Member
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
What a hilarious thread. No one seems to know anyone who's been done for not having a Crit air sticker or for driving thru a zone without one and yet it's all a money making scam...also, the sticker and associated registration and mailing it to your door costs less than a fiver....and is a money making scam. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back