Comfortmatic Fluid Changes (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
I have been quoted 450 for a full 4 yr service at a fiat pro , that's looking a fair price if the comformatic alone is around 150 and then add on oil change and ecu update if required, the dealer stamp in the service history must be worth a few quid also

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I have been quoted 450 for a full 4 yr service at a fiat pro , that's looking a fair price if the comformatic alone is around 150 and then add on oil change and ecu update if required, the dealer stamp in the service history must be worth a few quid als
I have been quoted 450 for a full 4 yr service at a fiat pro , that's looking a fair price if the comformatic alone is around 150 and then add on oil change and ecu update if required, the dealer stamp in the service history must be worth a few quid also
I doubt the clutch fluid will be included from a fiat dealer.

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Specifically asked that as it is part of the 4 yr service and it is included, brake fluid change was optional at £65. I know brake fluid is hydroscopic but never had it done in any cars I've had, are mh's any different?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Specifically asked that as it is part of the 4 yr service and it is included, brake fluid change was optional at £65. I know brake fluid is hydroscopic but never had it done in any cars I've had, are mh's any different?
I asked my fiat dealers as did other members on here and fiat didn’t know anything about changing the clutch fluid.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I asked my fiat dealers as did other members on here and fiat didn’t know anything about changing the clutch fluid.
When I dropped off my motorhome with Adams Morey this morning I commented on some Fiat Professional garages not knowing about the clutch fluid change. She said they should it is clearly part of the 4 year service.

It is also clearly shown in the latest manual, perhaps some Fiat Professionals think they don’t need to stay up to date.

IMG_0460.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just been trying to sort out what's required for ours, it's the same schedule in the above photo so we definitely need it replacing as it's coming up to 4 years old.

Hubby rang a few places without any luck so I spoke to our Fiat Professional dealer in Hull, they've never been asked to, or done, a check or change on the Comformatic hydraulic fluid for the clutch activation system (CAS) which means that anyone who's used them for servicing hasn't had this done! :oops: The chap on the service desk had little knowledge so has been relaying info from the technicians, and they simply don't understand what I am asking as they have so little knowledge of Comformatics. Rather than the CAS fluid they keep referring to the Selespeed unit which is a sealed unit and shouldn't be touched, nothing to do with what I'm enquiring about although it is part of the system itself ( https://www.sequparts.com/product/pump-motor-dualogic/ ). :rolleyes: They obviously haven't a clue so there's no way I'd trust them to put a seat cover on my MH, never mind touch any of the mechanicals!!! :eek:

So I need somewhere to do:

Comfortmatic CAS fluid change & reset afterwards​
Brake fluid change (wasn't done on the last service - checked and not needed).​

I'll continue to try to find somewhere localish who have a clue .. wish me luck! 🤪

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Ok, so I’ve just called Adamsmorey and she asked me which fluid I want changing, I had a choice of 3, masterslave, hydraulic or gearbox, anyone help please?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Ok, so I’ve just called Adamsmorey and she asked me which fluid I want changing, I had a choice of 3, masterslave, hydraulic or gearbox, anyone help please?
Comfortmatic hydraulic clutch activation fluid is how it is described in my manual.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The chap on the service desk had little knowledge so has been relaying info from the technicians, and they simply don't understand what I am asking as they have so little knowledge of Comformatics.
It really is frightening that these people are allowed to work on something they have no idea works or how to service it. :doh:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Received from Jo Collins five minutes after booking in by phone. Totally clued up 👍

Thank you for your call this morning.

Just writing to confirm the booking made for your Motorhome on Friday

29th September at 1pm for the Robotised clutch fluid change (and kiss point relearn).

Price quoted £146.00 including fluid and VAT

Any problems with this date, please do advise

Kind regards

Jo

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just been trying to sort out what's required for ours, it's the same schedule in the above photo so we definitely need it replacing as it's coming up to 4 years old.

Hubby rang a few places without any luck so I spoke to our Fiat Professional dealer in Hull, they've never been asked to, or done, a check or change on the Comformatic hydraulic fluid for the clutch activation system (CAS) which means that anyone who's used them for servicing hasn't had this done! :oops: The chap on the service desk had little knowledge so has been relaying info from the technicians, and they simply don't understand what I am asking as they have so little knowledge of Comformatics. Rather than the CAS fluid they keep referring to the Selespeed unit which is a sealed unit and shouldn't be touched, nothing to do with what I'm enquiring about although it is part of the system itself ( https://www.sequparts.com/product/pump-motor-dualogic/ ). :rolleyes: They obviously haven't a clue so there's no way I'd trust them to put a seat cover on my MH, never mind touch any of the mechanicals!!! :eek:

So I need somewhere to do:

Comfortmatic CAS fluid change & reset afterwards​
Brake fluid change (wasn't done on the last service - checked and not needed).​

I'll continue to try to find somewhere localish who have a clue .. wish me luck! 🤪
Looks like you need a trip down south. :giggle:

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I’m wondering where in the country you are?, because no other fiat garages have heard of clutch fluid change.

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
the quote of 410 is a 4 yr service at brownhills , I've asked the comformatic question 3 times and yes its included so booked for 7 Oct. I bought the van from them and took out a 3 yr warranty as I have read all incidents people are having with comformatic and airbag ecu.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
the quote of 410 is a 4 yr service at brownhills , I've asked the comformatic question 3 times and yes its included so booked for 7 Oct. I bought the van from them and took out a 3 yr warranty as I have read all incidents people are having with comformatic and airbag ecu.
I wouldn’t trust brownhills to wash my windscreen….😎
At least they know that the 4 year service includes changing the clutch fluid. The price of their service is also a good deal less than I have just paid. However I am not complaining because I have complete confidence in Adams Morey Portsmouth and I am happy to pay top $ for that.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
As I detailed in a previous post, why doesn't everyone email Fiat UK support and highlight their issues and name the dealer/professional in question?

Although I named NETV 3.branches in the North East I may have a long travel if I need any work carried out as I may be blackballed now :X3:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
When I dropped off my motorhome with Adams Morey this morning I commented on some Fiat Professional garages not knowing about the clutch fluid change. She said they should it is clearly part of the 4 year service.

It is also clearly shown in the latest manual, perhaps some Fiat Professionals think they don’t need to stay up to date.

View attachment 787480
What is the (4) please.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
At least they know that the 4 year service includes changing the clutch fluid. The price of their service is also a good deal less than I have just paid. However I am not complaining because I have complete confidence in Adams Morey Portsmouth and I am happy to pay top $ for that.
I think I’ve said this before, but mine is 2016 and says CHECK fluid level, NOT CHANGE, so going by that all I’d ever get is it checked, but checked for what? Correct volume, dirty fluid? I don’t know!
I’m not sure what year they introduce change the fluid, and why they changed tac, but mines working fine at the mo with 45k and never had a spanner on the comfortmatic.

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
I agree with westy and wouldnt normally change it but if it does develop a fault no warranty is going to pay out if you havent followed the service schedule, so the stamp in the book has to be there

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The ownerss manuals say you should do about 90% of a service every 1000km or so - this mans that you would need to have done 48 services prior to taking your moho in for a service - go figure :reel:

ducato service.png

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
What is the (4) please.
Years.
I think I’ve said this before, but mine is 2016 and says CHECK fluid level, NOT CHANGE, so going by that all I’d ever get is it checked, but checked for what? Correct volume, dirty fluid? I don’t know!
I’m not sure what year they introduce change the fluid, and why they changed tac, but mines working fine at the mo with 45k and never had a spanner on the comfortmatic.
The old Comfortmatic handbook (not issued with later vehicles) says “Check fluid in hydraulic clutch operation system” (at 2 years) but makes no mention of level. I think this is a significant omission because they do use the word “level” in respect of the gearbox oil just above. They also state “To check the gear oil and check/replace the hydraulic clutch operating system fluid, contact only a Fiat dealership” where again I think the different wording is significant. Perhaps some clarity was lost in translation but I read this to mean the quality needs checking not just the level.

This was confirmed by a conversation I had yesterday with Simon at A M. when I collected my motorhome after the service. He said that the fluid can turn grey looking and if the grey fluid reaches the clutch slave cylinder expensive damage follows. He also commented that if he had a Comfortmatic he would change the fluid every year. I will have mine changed again next year when I have the cam belt changed.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

And that is what I suspect Brownhills will do, just check the levels….😎

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Are Brownhills a Fiat Professional workshop? If not they will not have the software for bleeding/priming the clutch or the software for resetting the kiss point on the clutch.

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Yes they are fiat pro, if they want to just check rather than replace that is their choice as if it goes pear shaped they will be getting it back off the low loader , with a stamp in the book for their own service they can argue amongst themselves

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back