Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
The pricing of this clutch fluid work at AM is very hit and miss. Southampton have just quoted me £147.60 including VAT.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I initially booked Southampton, then realised that most people here were talking about how good Portsmouth was. So I cancelled and booked Pompey. It was then that I found out that they actually mention motorhomes in their telephone menu. On site there seemed to be more Motorhomes than vans and trucks. The guy who did mine is doing a few comfortmatics every day. Which I found comforting :D

Nov 21, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
I booked yesterday & earliest appointment is the week after next. Quoted £147 also. They had increased the price on Monday.
Peter

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I booked yesterday & earliest appointment is the week after next. Quoted £147 also. They had increased the price on Monday.
Peter
Seems like they’re jumping on the profit bandwagon!!
What costs to them have gone up in a week🤷‍♂️
I guess mine is staying undisturbed/ or getting px’d for something else, I fancy a change!
Another Harley perhaps🤔🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Seems like they’re jumping on the profit bandwagon!!
What costs to them have gone up in a week🤷‍♂️
I guess mine is staying undisturbed/ or getting px’d for something else, I fancy a change!
Another Harley perhaps🤔🤔

I don't think they are on any bandwagon. Seems that's the price they charge for A Class, and or Left hookers. That is around what Lenny HB was paying.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I don't think they are on any bandwagon. Seems that's the price they charge for A Class, and or Left hookers. That is around what Lenny HB was paying.
Yes Jim, quite possible, but he did say the price went up on Monday, maybe the influx of funsters descending on them could have had something to do with it? Who knows?🤷‍♂️
Then again it’s the cost vs value thing, would I tackle it myself? Hell no, so I guess you have to pay someone who will👍
Yes I’m grumpy as I’m still smarting from a £1200 bill from the Carthago dealer🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not sure, my mate just had his done with a cambelt change LHD A Class and got a good price. I think my problem was Simon wasn't around.

Been having withdrawal symptoms been in the New Forest with no phone signal.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
Simon Select is this something your new workshop might also be able/willing to do once it's up and running? (I appreciate the sales side of the new enterprise is probably the focus at this point!)

There certainly appears to be a demand for it, at 10 years old this year I'd certainly bring mine in if your team were confident with the procedure, etc. If not, then it's probably a trip to Portsmouth for us too :)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Finally got a response from Fiat regarding the non provision of clutch fluid changes at NETV, not that it says anything or answers my queries as to why it was not carried out!

Thank you for contacting Fiat Customer Care.
In reference to your request 01670496

We have taken the initiative to contact both dealerships involved to address the concerns you raised.

After gathering the necessary information, we can confirm that North East Truck and Van Billingham does indeed offer the service you mentioned. We have reached out to them directly, and they have verified their capability to provide the service in question.

Regarding the pricing of services, it is important to note that dealerships operate independently and have the discretion to determine the prices for the services they offer. Therefore, pricing may vary between different dealerships. We recommend contacting the specific dealership directly to obtain accurate and up-to-date information regarding their service prices. They will be able to provide you with the most precise details and address any further inquiries you may have.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
As a follow up to Fiat's email, I replied that I did not believe they had resolved the issues particularly a Professional dealers failure to carry out a fluid change that is detailed within the service schedule.

Received a phone call within 30 minutes.

I'm not convinced that they really understand the issue, although, they say they are going to speak with the relevant service manager to discuss.

I explained that many other end users had experienced the same issue but they didn't seem to take that on board.

Perhaps if everyone emailed Fiat assistance and explained their predicament it may eventually have a reaction?

I also raised the potential 'what if I hadn't seen the issue raised elsewhere, continued to have my vehicle 'serviced' on schedule, and encountered a clutch/gearbox issue out-of warranty'. Response was, Fiat will look at each scenario individually'.

Email address attached if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_20230723_112336_Outlook.jpg

Nitram77

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2020
Kettering, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Some, but still alot to learn!!
Great read on this thread. I bought a 2016 van with Comfort-Matic gearbox recently and have no idea whether fluids etc have been changed. So when I saw this article in one of the motorhome mags I saved it.
It mentions 2 dealers familiar with Comfort-Matics, Guest Trucks at Coventry and Sherwood Trucks at Mansfield - Has anyone used these?

Both mention 'Trucks' and therefore don't give the confidence of AM at Portsmouth who clearly deal with alot of motorhomes.
comfmat art 2a.jpg
comfmat art 1a.jpg

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Great read on this thread. I bought a 2016 van with Comfort-Matic gearbox recently and have no idea whether fluids etc have been changed. So when I saw this article in one of the motorhome mags I saved it.
It mentions 2 dealers familiar with Comfort-Matics, Guest Trucks at Coventry and Sherwood Trucks at Mansfield - Has anyone used these?

Both mention 'Trucks' and therefore don't give the confidence of AM at Portsmouth who clearly deal with alot of motorhomes.View attachment 786477View attachment 786478
I emailed sherwood at Mansfield, heard nothing back from them, now the “go to” place is Adams Morey at Portsmouth 🤷‍♂️

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Ours is booked into Pompey AM on Thursday for a 4 year service which includes the clutch fluid change. I won’t have a separate price for the clutch.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

Both mention 'Trucks' and therefore don't give the confidence of AM at Portsmouth who clearly deal with alot of motorhomes.View attachment 786477View attachment 786478
Guest trucks Coventry are by th CBS Arena. I live 10 mins from there.

When I get back from this 90 days I’m driving down to Portsmouth 12th September to have a full service and fluids change.

Mainly because of this thread.
I’m sure on my last service at dealership comformatic fluids were not done.

I’ll take no chances and go with what seems to be the best.

Guest truck fiat professional when I went a couple of years ago was a lorry yard at best. They didn’t give me confidence
Remember going for a recall for something. They Came out lifted the bonnet 10 seconds put bonnet down and said thanks took the reg and walked off.
Either super efficient or cowboys. Not sure and not been back.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Ours is booked into Pompey AM on Thursday for a 4 year service which includes the clutch fluid change. I won’t have a separate price for the clutch.
Our van is in for a 4years service 12th September £700 including comformatic fluid change

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back