Am I the only person who thinks it is crazy to........

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Paul and Val
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
I think you should keep taking the valium. You seem very easily upset at your own lack of diversity.

Once again YOUR opinion of other people's choices is not important or correct .

Please stop replying to me now I ain't interested.
"Upset at my own lack of diversity". Wow! that sounds very impressive. Congratulations Northernraider. I have no idea what it means however.
Errr, just to correct you, it was YOU who said that you were not listening to Forum members views not me my friend.
I don't thankfully need Valium. Reading your responses always amuses me enough. A glass of Chardonay and Northerraiders latest opinion. I need nothing else to give me a great evening.
Safe driving my friend and try to stay calm if you can.
Kindest regards
Paul

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LeisureDrive Vivante
Exp
I am currently looking at VW T6.1 conversions, and yes, most don't have a loo, or just a porta-potty in a cupboard, but I have seen one or two, that have a thetford loo with a cassette, right at the back, one even had a sliding wall to give some privacy, Worx I think. My next van will be customised, hoping to go straight to the 'third van' (everyone seems to say the third van is the right one!) and cut out No. 2, if you will pardon the pun!

And yes, I do think its crazy!
Have you looked at leisuredrive. Good loo in vwT5 for me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LeisureDrive Vivante
Exp
............Have a camper van with no lavatory?
I look at advert after advert and vans have been converted well with copious cupboards, settees, kitchens and in some cases even a shower but no lavatory.
What is the point? Am I missing something?
Safe travelling
Paul
No I would not look at a camper without a loo! I have a leisure drive conversion great loo arrangement!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
hymer b class mct
I saw a very expensive VW conversion, looked really tidy…..small but tidy.

Showed my wife and she was happy with it until the port-a-potty was taken from it’s storage cupboard…….under the oven.🤮

I’m not having a go at small vans, but that close to your cooking area?
When we were campers we had a port a potty, still have it, and a toilet tent. Now have a decent Hymer with toilet and shower but still take the porta potty and toilet/shower (we also have an external hot/cold shower point on side of van) tent on family camping trips just to keep the grown up kids and grandkids outa our van bathroom. Works a treat. Of course, it’s grandpa’s job to empty both loos!

Anyway, the point is vans of any size can carry a toilet tent, takes two mins to pop up.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
I am currently looking at VW T6.1 conversions, and yes, most don't have a loo, or just a porta-potty in a cupboard, but I have seen one or two, that have a thetford loo with a cassette, right at the back, one even had a sliding wall to give some privacy, Worx I think. My next van will be customised, hoping to go straight to the 'third van' (everyone seems to say the third van is the right one!) and cut out No. 2, if you will pardon the pun!

And yes, I do think its crazy!
On your mention of the third van being the right one , having being there like everybody else that thought that , I'm about to take delivery of my 10th one , a lot can happen in a lifetime , cumstances change , as do motor homes .
Yes I do agree on the toileting , everybody has different views on the subject , on this present van change I did look at Volkswagen camper van option , I was tempted , great mobility visiting wherever,
BUT , I would miss my elevated riding position , and a "bathroom" I would sooner be in charge of my own toileting facilities , but my next van is shorter , still a panel van , enabling parking .🐕😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
I saw a very expensive VW conversion, looked really tidy…..small but tidy.

Showed my wife and she was happy with it until the port-a-potty was taken from it’s storage cupboard…….under the oven.🤮

I’m not having a go at small vans, but that close to your cooking area?
Being under oven tell her it may help ? The flavour of what your cooking in the oven, think of the savings on spices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Being under oven tell her it may help ? The flavour of what your cooking in the oven, think of the savings on spices

We’ve been talking about it since this thread started. My wife can’t imagine sitting in the middle of the kitchen at home…..using a toilet.🤐

Our thoughts were all about layout, which is one of the main things experienced people on here advise potential owners to put high on their search list.

Not having a loo in the living / cooking area is important to us. 🤷‍♂️ 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We had a pota potty In our Bongo it had it's own cupboard and was only used in the van at night when it was downstairs and we were up top, during the day the potty had a toilet tent. This along with wanting a shower was why we changed to a PVC

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Oh hell, another campervan bashing post!
Both of my vans have had porta potties and the loos get used just the same as my home loo does. Never been any issue. No smell. No drama to empty. Not stored under my hob!
No smell .???? Do you mean you can't smell it ?.BUSBY..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Unfortunately I think that's what's wrong with the world today.

Too much a nanny state and people who are ridiculously anal about everything. It's why there's no common sense anymore and people need 100 signs to help them function in every day life.

Our ancestors would roll around laughing at what mankind has become.

Planet was in better shape when everyone crapped and peed outside than it is nowadays.
Yeah in the olden days all that cholera and typhoid was good for character building.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
No smell .???? Do you mean you can't smell it ?.BUSBY..
No. I use properly measured chemicals in the waste tank and water in the flush tank with no additives. It’s cleaned when it’s emptied. Otherwise, there are absolutely no issues. And my sense of smell is just fine! 😆

Towat101

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E695
When we were campers we had a port a potty, still have it, and a toilet tent. Now have a decent Hymer with toilet and shower but still take the porta potty and toilet/shower (we also have an external hot/cold shower point on side of van) tent on family camping trips just to keep the grown up kids and grandkids outa our van bathroom. Works a treat. Of course, it’s grandpa’s job to empty both loos!

Anyway, the point is vans of any size can carry a toilet tent, takes two mins to pop up.
We were at Bala lake this summer the site was wall to wall VW campers, never seen so many, most of them seemed to have toilet tents, and many had enormous living tents/awnings, the reason we bought a MH was so that we didn't need to transport and erect lots of camping equipment, I understand that not everyone can store a MH and campers can be used daily but given the prices I think a MH is a better solution, for us anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back