A month in Provence Throughnal (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I know….. but he’s up there🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😁
I have done a month on 32 p for camping electric and water, but we got more pounds to the euro then. 10 cents for 10 litres of water and it didn't work twice.
I was going to send in a complaint ..... Via email obviously !

Spain earlier in the year was 12 euros for 28 days.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
That is absolutely common-place here in the summer. Halve the melon across the middle, cut the stalk stem off carefully, dig out the seeds and make a well for the Pineau; preferably the blanc variety but who is that fussy? Usually accompanied by a slice of cured ham and little tomatoes. Only ever in the season; like right now.
Also try the melon cubed and sprinkled lightly with pastis. Unless you are a pastis drinker this might sound odd but give it a try.
We have all the items. No pineau blanc but got some rouge. I m going to be a heathen and put it in the fridge prior to.

I m presuming the ham and tomatoes are in the side and not thrown into the well.

Then just scoop up the melon with a spoon ?

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Pineau melon with cured ham and tomatoes.

Not for us. Threw the pineau in the grass.
IMG20240827200423.jpg

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Pineau melon with cured ham and tomatoes.

Not for us. Threw the pineau in the grass. View attachment 940607
I may have done this so wrong.

After throwing the pineau that was in the well away, we worked out neither of us like pineau, but then, we ate the melon which had only been infused a little with pineau and it was all right. Will be revisiting this with more prepping time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
We have all the items. No pineau blanc but got some rouge. I m going to be a heathen and put it in the fridge prior to.

I m presuming the ham and tomatoes are in the side and not thrown into the well.

Then just scoop up the melon with a spoon ?
That is not heathen. It is exactly the right thing to do! The ham and a couple of tomatoes usually go on a skewer on top and the melon is eaten with a spoon as you surmised. The more wily members of society carve the melon out a bit more to make the well bigger.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I think that came into the decision making process. It just tickled both of us when I immediately got the cold gel out and we both realized it would be warm beer today.

Even more annoying was we forgot ice blocks as well so we used the pillow gels for the beer which was a blessing as they are more appropriate for the eye.

It has turned out to be a shiner but quite well hidden with glasses. Rib still hurts but moving better as the hemp cream offering some relief. No paracetamol yet. Back on the bike in next half hour for 40-50 km ride (with helmet)
Glad Paula is okay, but it is quite scarey how quick these things happen ! I was cycling alongside a friend at low speed ( on tarmac ) and he went over the handle bars and landed on his head, it broke his crash helmet so you can imagine if he hadnt wore it, his face was a mess, he wasnt pretty before but christ after ! People crossed the street to avoid him, kids were crying !

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
What good timing we are off down to Provence for a month too, however we don't leave until October. I will keep an eye on your progress.
Bon chance!

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Glad Paula is okay, but it is quite scarey how quick these things happen ! I was cycling alongside a friend at low speed ( on tarmac ) and he went over the handle bars and landed on his head, it broke his crash helmet so you can imagine if he hadnt wore it, his face was a mess, he wasnt pretty before but christ after ! People crossed the street to avoid him, kids were crying !
Ribs are aching today. Yesterday was a slog on the bikes. Much much easier today.
The eye
IMG20240828113534.jpg

Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
What good timing we are off down to Provence for a month too, however we don't leave until October. I will keep an eye on your progress.
Bon chance

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
Ribs are aching today. Yesterday was a slog on the bikes. Much much easier today.
The eye View attachment 940799
I doubt your better half is feeling very lucky yet but that could have been so much worse. Mine tripped up a paving set in Portugal and did more damage than that. After x-rays on her wrist and a CT scan of the eye orbit she was cleared but with warnings to watch for symptoms of concussion for 3 days. By that time her face was so bruised that we pulled stumps and drove slowly home. I hope things get better quickly now.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Aperol is a great drink to take your mind off the aching and bruises. Especially mixed with Cremant. We're currently in Andorra doing research on which other alcoholic beverages can help with ailments.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
WESTY66 photo du jour is taken on the move in a classic avenue de l'arbres. You just have to love them and hate driving through them.
IMG20240828090157.jpg

We stumbled across this free aire, which isn't an aire as no facilities with overnight parking permitted.
The sat nav from camper contact details took us to a parking spot on the right but we needed to down to the left just where it is dead... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/lacoste.566/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
The Billy bonus of a second journal entry du jour.

The Beaux village of Bonnieux and Peter Mayle fame who may have done something successful with the title of this thread but took 11 months longer than me. 🤔 If I come again the throughnal will be called "A Good 6 weeks" or similar👍

Varying reports from S4s and camper contact including being ushered off in the morning made us think about coming here but we plumped for Lacoste.

Decisions then had to be made about whether to cycle here or not but we gambled and drove the... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/bonnieux.567/

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
WESTY66 photo du jour is taken on the move in a classic avenue de l'arbres. You just have to love them and hate driving through them. View attachment 940977

We stumbled across this free aire, which isn't an aire as no facilities with overnight parking permitted.
The sat nav from camper contact details took us to a parking spot on the right but we needed to down to the left just where it is dead... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/lacoste.566/
We were there earlier this year, lovely place.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I've just re read Le thread du lorger Thread 'Our wee trip to France' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/our-wee-trip-to-france.282622/ and if people are reading this throunal for ideas in this area then reading Lorgers makes absolute sense.

First time anyone has said I make sense 😂😂

Glad you’re enjoying it, it really is a stunning location although some Yorkshire people WESTY don’t appreciate it 😂😂

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Think there will be 3 entries today as I also create a thread to attach to the voie verte thread.

WESTY66 photo du jour is of Lacoste behind a lavender field. Imagine the lavender in bloom and the overpowering aroma at the right time of year, backed by a beautiful hilltop village.
IMG20240829102350.jpg

Menerbes, where Peter Mayle lived.

We weren't overly impressed in comparison to some of the other villages, it is still nice with good views but perhaps seeing paying for parking and a market of no substantial quantity and smooth paved streets... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/menerbes.568/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
WESTY66 photo du jour.

A beaux village sunset whilst sipping a rather nice chilled rose in front of the van which is parked for free
IMG20240829200954.jpg

Just the one today and updated voie vert

Having filled out Bosch batteries at the TO with free electricity we descended the hill to le veloroute du cavalon (voie vert thread) and into Apt, the capital of the Luberon with the river as dry here as every where else.

The town is just one... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/apt.570/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Apt looks nice are you at the CCP aire by the lake?
We are still at bonnieux as it's free and 72 hours available.
We are getting free electricity from Bosch and the TO at the moment so holding off going into a CCP until we need to.
Currently down to 90 ah.
We reckon on a couple of nights this side of Cavaillon at coustellet so we can cycle into isle sur la sorgue in Sunday for the market and possibly the fountain place and Cavaillon. Thinking Gordes cycling tomorrow. Then down to port Louis for a CCP and fill up the battery.

The CCP at Apt was empty but it's ideal for the lake and the veloroute. Nothing wrong with the town at all. Big eleclerc and an auchan and supposed to be a good market

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We love Isle sur la Sorgue. We've had some nice meals there. Especially the Bellevue.
Woken up to a change of mind.....nothing unusual in that.
Instead of cycling to isle sur la sorgue we will stay there....hopefully ..... And cycle out from there. (We can gain free electricity for bikes there hopefully)

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
Parking in the central carpark where people used to overnight has now been banned. Also watch out for a height-restricted bridge nearby. Otherwise we loved it there too!

1725088900530.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back