A month in Provence Throughnal (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Right Jon, just picked this up, one job for ya………..

Sell me france, others have tried, and failed, now you have a go, show me villages that aren’t grey👍😁😁😁

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
Most of us enjoy a freezing cold glass of Pineau on a scorching hot day - so gang of us on a fishing lake in France, went shopping, bought a new bottle of pineau but not enough room in fridge so left out and then forgotten until later when son in law bunged it in the bait freezer which we were absolutely not using for food - although we had got some well hidden mini Magnums in there for the kids should they need persuasion at some juncture the 'until dinner' also got forgotten so it was after dinner when it was remembered by which time it was bottled pineau slush puppy! (Not whatsoever thirst quenching .........)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
Suarvecarve and Abacist.
Last time we were in the Charente area we were invited for a drink by two Germans. They sliced up some Charente melons and poured into the boat middle some Pineau, a local drink I’m not fond of. It was delicious and we have done it ever since. You’re both off to the region, I’ll de rey etc, so give it a try. Mmmm
Phil
That is absolutely common-place here in the summer. Halve the melon across the middle, cut the stalk stem off carefully, dig out the seeds and make a well for the Pineau; preferably the blanc variety but who is that fussy? Usually accompanied by a slice of cured ham and little tomatoes. Only ever in the season; like right now.
Also try the melon cubed and sprinkled lightly with pastis. Unless you are a pastis drinker this might sound odd but give it a try.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

Sell me france, others have tried, and failed, now you have a go, show me villages that aren’t grey👍😁😁😁
Have you tried Alsace? It used to be in Germany 😀😀😀.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Yes we like that, we went last year👌🏼 Sehr Gut 😁😁
It’s just all the other bits, it’s all grey and uninspiring🤷‍♂️
How about the Dordogne - Sarlat, Domme, Cénac? - the buildings are of golden stone.

I think suavecarve will inspire you with pictures of Provence. It's a beautiful place.

I'm another who is enjoying this thread and looking forward to the rest of it.

Thank you suavecarve for taking the trouble to post.👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09

Sell you France ? And you choose when I m in Provence to do that ? That's going to be as hard as selling coal to Eskimos 🤔

You'll have to bear in mind we might not touch the clues of the esteron, lac de St Croix, gorges du verdon, all round Ventoux, gordagues and numerous other villages that outshine pretty much most of the non Alsace German ones, the Riviera and the camargue and Orange and Aix and Avignon.

There is still plenty down there. 😏

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We should get into the beach by port St Louis where you have been previously. Unsure if we can overnight there anymore. Paula doesn't fancy it, thinks the tide will wash us away.....Corsica here we come !
Yes I think they have banned it now, was a great spot.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

It's Motorhome heaven, doesn't need selling, just no hope for you son.

Some brilliant cycle paths in France, you probably won't admit it but I think you actually enjoyed that 23 mile cycle ride we managed get you on around Rutland water. :LOL:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
WESTY66 you have some background tv watching to do.

Watch "A Good Year"

Scott directing Crowe playing a guy called Max only no gladiators. It captures Provence really well.
Think he only watches the Disney channel so might not be able to watch it😂😂😂

Have watched it and it’s not a bad film😁😁

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It's Motorhome heaven, doesn't need selling, just no hope for you son.

Some brilliant PSYCHOPATHS in France, you probably won't admit it but I think you actually enjoyed that 23 mile cycle ride we managed get you on around Rutland water. :LOL:
Psychopaths in France😳😳😳

I really enjoyed the ride round Rutland water👍👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Serious lack of internet where we are has prevented photos of magnificent waterfalls ..... Without a lot of water.

We have been to the cascades du Harrison a couple of times. Really stunning set of 11 waterfalls you can walk behind or swim in the well and it's 9 years since we have been here.
We parked up by the fromagerie at the top end and walked downhill... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/lac-du-bonlieu-and-cascades.561/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Big thunderstorm overnight all night but we wanted to crack on rather than another walk but the cascades would be flowing.
Have managed to upload more photos onto the journal for bonlieu and nice view this morning then lac de vouglans by the via ferrata.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Big thunderstorm overnight all night but we wanted to crack on rather than another walk but the cascades would be flowing.
Have managed to upload more photos onto the journal for bonlieu and nice view this morning then lac de vouglans by the via ferrata.
You're cracking on. The first entry had you near Belgium then when I looked at the photos of the second I thought you must be in the Ardennes but no - you are miles further south!

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
You're cracking on. The first entry had you near Belgium then when I looked at the photos of the second I thought you must be in the Ardennes but no - you are miles further south!
Between Grenoble and Gap having lunch at the moment. We decided against lac de serre poncon and heading to Forcalquier for tonight then we can settle down.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
How are you getting on in the new van?
New van is a lovely drive. Habitation side is good.
Was hoping for more than 5ah into the lithium (setting is on gel) and just got a warning for low engine battery after 4 hours drive is a bit of a conundrum

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Was hoping for more than 5ah into the lithium (setting is on gel) and just got a warning for low engine battery after 4 hours drive is a bit of a conundrum
Seems a bit odd, sounds like one for Lenny HB to me, well beyond my skills. Glad the van is good though, think it is essentially the same layout as our Carado, just posher!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We used to get 18a from the engine on our old dethleffs. Sounds like you've got a problem if engine battery that low, is belt ok and all fuses? Can you check with multi meter?

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We used to get 18a from the engine on our old dethleffs. Sounds like you've got a problem if engine battery that low, is belt ok and all fuses? Can you check with multi meter?
My immediate fix is to prevent the lithium battery charging from the alternator and sending all the juice to the engine battery.

A lot of the 12 volt like lights and USB original sockets seem to come from the engine battery but we didn't know. So if the lithium was taking all the charge we aren't replenishing the dashcam or sat nav.

Engine running and she is now showing 13.5 volts and will check when we stop and charge everything off the inverter. We still have 240 ah left even after the air fryer which is thirsty.

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
That would explain it, I guess in the longer term solar will fix that. Although there is probably some way of rerouting the 12v to the Lithium? But well beyond me.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
My immediate fix is to prevent the lithium battery charging from the alternator and sending all the juice to the engine battery.

A lot of the 12 volt like lights and USB original sockets seem to come from the engine battery but we didn't know. So if the lithium was taking all the charge we aren't replenishing the dashcam or sat nav.

Engine running and she is now showing 13.5 volts and will check when we stop and charge everything off the inverter. We still have 240 ah left even after the air fryer which is thirsty.
Sure they are off engine, on ours the usual fiat usb was from engine but all lights etc were from hab battery.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Sure they are off engine, on ours the usual fiat usb was from engine but all lights etc were from hab battery.
You're correct.

But the usbs in the lounge and bedroom are off the engine. Lights off of hab

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back