Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi everyone
We are currently parked at Shrewsbury after fitting in what seems like a week of things into 1 day.
The list includes

A meeting in Manchester
A site visit and measure in manchester
A pick up of wheel studs from a trailer company in Chester
A supermarket top up of silly things food wise which are sometimes difficult to find in continental Europe.
A filling at the dentist in Middlewich
A missed delivery of a new rim for a trailer
A conversation with rim supplier as the DHL app won't work
A conversation with farmer Jeff where I store some trailers, he's going to swap my tyre and fit the new rim (great relief)
2 pints of delicious Butty Bach beer In a local pub near to our sleepy spot
A well needed meal at Hickorys smokehouse
Waking up 2 hours ago thinking to myself I hope DHL find the farm/storage next time

Not too bad a start but it did seem as we deserved the beer and food last night, it should be a decent drive today to the camc site next to Folkestone.
We are looking forward to this trip as it seems we have been in the uk too long over this summer.
This was due to family time which is always nice and a bit of dental work that was overdue.
We decided to use the chunnel which does seem to have gotten quite pricy but when I gave Phil the options he insisted on tunnel even when I would have been happy with irish ferries.
Looking forward to a easy time in france with no set path just sticking to the east side as we are off to Dusseldorf salon to view electric bikes and other bits we need.
We may call into Luxembourg as its been over 5 years since we where last there and possibly the mosel region again, not sure we will see where the wind blows.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Man you boys get through some grub… 🤣
I've got a big tank that always need filling.
Our evening meal is a classic old school beef stew with dumplings, mash and veg done in the remoska which makes the dish amazing with truly the best dumplings ever. I brought a packet of atora suet with us from blighty.

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Mmmmmm.
It was lovely although it can be restricting in the choice of food when you get sick of Flammkuchen or
Luckily we are not at that stage yet 😁😁.
Schitts Creek Food GIF by CBC
Fire Cooking GIF by HECKLEIN
Lenny's
Season 2 Love GIF by Paramount+

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It's cocktail hour somewhere but definitely on the mosel.
The beef stew is in the remoska and it's time for relaxation mode.
Cheers everyone 👍 😀
View attachment 947727View attachment 947728View attachment 947730View attachment 947731View attachment 947732
I am really going to put the Kybosh on you two now, setting off for Harwich shortly when Donna gets in from work, it's about 11 C here and hammering it down and you two have the audacity to sit out in the sunshine sipping vimto's! PS where's yer bread to mop up tha gravy! :giggle:

Upvote 0
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I am really going to put the Kybosh on you two now, setting off for Harwich shortly when Donna gets in from work, it's about 11 C here and hammering it down and you two have the audacity to sit out in the sunshine sipping vimto's! PS where's yer bread to mop up tha gravy! :giggle:
Sorry 😁
Not at that stage yet no white sliced but the dumplings will do the job.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
So thank you funflair for your advice. I have decided to go for the digital cameras instead of bus mirrors. Expensive but I really wanted them, especially as I nearly knocked over a spanish pensioner last year because I couldn't see him because the bus mirrors blocked him out, it was only phil sat a different angle that shouted "stop!" like a demented French wife directing a motorhome into position that saved the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Don’t know what to say… more food!! Don’t you ever stop! 🤣🤪

PS: what a stew! I made a request to management for the same next week! 😇
Has management responded or did you get, I'm sorry we are out of the office at the minute but you are important to us and we will get back to you. 🤣🤣

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Has management responded or did you get, I'm sorry we are out of the office at the minute but you are important to us and we will get back to you. 🤣🤣

No it was reasonably positively received! 🤞

Serina said hi and did the hands under the chin ‘Phil pose’! I get that quite frequently now! 🤪

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Nothing much to report yesterday, a nice lazy day.
We are staying here till Sunday as there a wine festival with food and live music in the village.
The stellplatz is full, we didn't realise how lucky we where to get on and even more amazed we have a front row river pitch.
Mnd you it's bloody cold here overnight we have had to put the heating on brrrr.
Going for a cycle in a bit to help counteract the cake, bratwurst and wine later 😋.
20240913_092042.jpg
20240913_092051.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
What a great night. We drank too much wine though.
Rinse and repeat for tonight 😃.
We saw a dish last night that looked very nice for phil as he loves his mashed potatoes.
It was two balls of mash that looked like it was covered in a cheese/cream sauce with ham in it served with a bowl of apple sauce.
20240913_193738.jpg
20240913_215004.jpg
20240913_194705.jpg
20240913_204249.jpg
20240913_193438.jpg
20240913_193356.jpg
20240913_193327.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
All the years of going there we’ve always missed the wine festival,have to make sure for next year,it looked good.
The aire has been full since Wednesday, we are very lucky to be here.
Definitely do it next year, last night wine 3 houses where open tonight we expect 5 to be open.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I will be difficult to leave are you then on your way home?
We are off to Trier further down the river to meet up with fellow funsters The Coops tommorow.
It's not as pretty stellplatz but the town is very pretty (if I remember correctly).
After that we may cross back into france, we have no idea.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back