Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi everyone
We are currently parked at Shrewsbury after fitting in what seems like a week of things into 1 day.
The list includes

A meeting in Manchester
A site visit and measure in manchester
A pick up of wheel studs from a trailer company in Chester
A supermarket top up of silly things food wise which are sometimes difficult to find in continental Europe.
A filling at the dentist in Middlewich
A missed delivery of a new rim for a trailer
A conversation with rim supplier as the DHL app won't work
A conversation with farmer Jeff where I store some trailers, he's going to swap my tyre and fit the new rim (great relief)
2 pints of delicious Butty Bach beer In a local pub near to our sleepy spot
A well needed meal at Hickorys smokehouse
Waking up 2 hours ago thinking to myself I hope DHL find the farm/storage next time

Not too bad a start but it did seem as we deserved the beer and food last night, it should be a decent drive today to the camc site next to Folkestone.
We are looking forward to this trip as it seems we have been in the uk too long over this summer.
This was due to family time which is always nice and a bit of dental work that was overdue.
We decided to use the chunnel which does seem to have gotten quite pricy but when I gave Phil the options he insisted on tunnel even when I would have been happy with irish ferries.
Looking forward to a easy time in france with no set path just sticking to the east side as we are off to Dusseldorf salon to view electric bikes and other bits we need.
We may call into Luxembourg as its been over 5 years since we where last there and possibly the mosel region again, not sure we will see where the wind blows.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
200ml spanish vermouth
50ml gin
250 ml French cremont (sparkling wine)
A splash of sparkling water (don't kill it)
Ice and a slice of orange squeezed into it.
it's pretty amazing
Reminds me of a sangria but better.

20240907_164245.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Well the sat nav part which comes with the bike is pretty dire.
It failed, so I took charge and ended up going over the big bridge in Koblenz on the car section not the bike section, bum clenching time.
We found a nice spot on the river in Koblenz for lunch
It was delightful and delicious.
We are now safely back at the stellplatz coming back the correct way.
Oh and there was a car boot on at the river side in the city, like we need more bits and bobs just sent a load to the auction house we have stored for the last 7 years.View attachment 945842View attachment 945846View attachment 945848
We put a load in storage, when we lived in the van for a while. I was shocked how expensive it is.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think if you want a decent sat nav for the bikes you’ll need to buy a Garmin or Wahoo, I have the Garmin 830 (I think 😂) . I can use the Garmin connect site or app to plan a route then download it to the 830, you can also use 3rd party apps like Mapz or Komoot which is the one I use. They’re really good as you can plan your own route or just select which type of activity like road cycling, gravel, mountain or touring and it will show you routes others have shared, I find it good when I want to do a decent road session while away.
The devices have loads of other features like alarm, if my bike is locked outside a cafe and someone moves it an alarm goes on my phone, also has crash detection and will send your coordinates to your nominated contact, it give you time to cancel it in case false alarm.

Both meals looked lovely

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
I think if you want a decent sat nav for the bikes you’ll need to buy a Garmin or Wahoo, I have the Garmin 830 (I think 😂) . I can use the Garmin connect site or app to plan a route then download it to the 830, you can also use 3rd party apps like Mapz or Komoot which is the one I use. They’re really good as you can plan your own route or just select which type of activity like road cycling, gravel, mountain or touring and it will show you routes others have shared, I find it good when I want to do a decent road session while away.
The devices have loads of other features like alarm, if my bike is locked outside a cafe and someone moves it an alarm goes on my phone, also has crash detection and will send your coordinates to your nominated contact, it give you time to cancel it in case false alarm.

Both meals looked lovely
I have a Garmin on my road bike, but just use a phone holder on the electric one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now

Both meals looked lovely
Thank you
I feel as its only the second day of ownership I need to do more research but I hate homework 😒 🙃

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now

Both meals looked lovely
I got the info from jumar And jumartoo about kamoot but not really had chance to sort ourselves out as I though oh its only into Koblenz along the river what can go wrong, oops 😬

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have a Garmin on my road bike, but just use a phone holder on the electric one.

I use it on the EBike too as it saves the phone battery, battery life is quite good on them as just last week I did the C2C in Scotland over 3 days and after day 1 of 105 miles it still had over 50%. I’ve seen me leaving without and panic as my ride wouldn’t go on Strava 😂😂

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
What about the Romantic Road. Parts of it are lovely. Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber, Wurzburg, Fussen etc are very pretty little places.

Also Oberammergau where they hold the Passion Play (unfortunately the next one is in 2030), but still an interesting place to look around. There’s a Stellplatz attached to a campsite a short walk into town.
Was thinking of going there in the morning, is it worth a day there? What’s the best time to arrive?

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Was thinking of going there in the morning, is it worth a day there? What’s the best time to arrive?
If you mean Oberammergau, it doesn’t really matter what time you get there.

Even if the play isn’t on, it’s a nice place to wander, looking at alpine chalets painted with scenes from fairy stories, and different locations used for the play.

The aire is to the side of the campsite (or it was when we were there years ago)!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Have you been to Mittenwald down the road lovely town good walks or bike rides up to the waterfall,you might be there when they bring the goats down from the mountains and a good stellplatzView attachment 945898

View attachment 945899
Down the road 😅
I appreciate the recommendation, however when I mentioned it to Phil he went "in Bavaria" is that right ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back