Rally 3F's Meet - 3rd to 8th August 2023 - Drax Social Club (2 Viewers)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We woke up this morning to find that a Funster, presumably homeward bound, had left a book to resell on our doorstep.

Whoever you are, Thank you!

'ELVIS' has left the building.
The books, written by the Funster who entertained Funsters at Brid has been snapped up this morning.

To those Funsters who didn't go to the Club last night, we were able to announce that, through the sale of books and mud mats, we will be sending a cheque North of £126 to Prostate Cancer UK, (we have raised more since!)

Thank you one and all for buying books, giving books, giving a donation. It is very much appreciated.

The bookstore IS open today before we pack up tonight and head home tomorrow, (sort of)

The Emmits, Derek and Mary

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
BOULES, bring your chairs and come join me, behind the vans at 11.00.
EVERYONE WELCOME!

I have a couple of spare sets if any non player wants to have a go, nothing serious, just a bit of Fun.😆
If enough people turn up and bring their own Boules, we can have a competition? 👍

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
We woke up this morning to find that a Funster, presumably homeward bound, had left a book to resell on our doorstep.

Whoever you are, Thank you!

'ELVIS' has left the building.
The books, written by the Funster who entertained Funsters at Brid has been snapped up this morning.

To those Funsters who didn't go to the Club last night, we were able to announce that, through the sale of books and mud mats, we will be sending a cheque North of £126 to Prostate Cancer UK, (we have raised more since!)

Thank you one and all for buying books, giving books, giving a donation. It is very much appreciated.

The bookstore IS open today before we pack up tonight and head home tomorrow, (sort of)

The Emmits, Derek and Mary
The book was returned after being read by my husband.
He got a phone call this morning moving his hospital appointment to this afternoon so packed up and did a runner.

Aug 15, 2015
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Lisa, Terry, Bob & Denise, for another fantastic 3FFF's meet. Also to Dynamix for the sound, video & light show, and finally thanks to Dave & staff at Drax Social Club for hosting us at their more than adequate venue. Back home now (only took 1/2 hour) Looking forward to seeing you guys again in the near future.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Back home now after another great fix it meet. Many thanks to Lisa, Bob and Terry for organising the meet and to Dyna-Mix, the artists and the Drax club for the entertainment and food.
Thanks also to the marshalls getting us onto our pitches in trying conditions. Finally it was great to meet with friends old and new,
Pauline and Mike

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Loved our first rally. Great weekend with new friends

Many thanks to Lisa Terry & bobnden for all the hard work and commitment you have put to make this weekend happen. A job excellently done 👍👍

Now to see where we can go to next.

Graham & Denise
Xx

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Any musicians wanting to play tonight ..sound check is at 7 pm ..ready for a 7"30 pm ish start ..🗣🎤🪕🪗🎸🎵🎵

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Why would anyone want to come here again?

Why because we have a brilliant time😁, thanks to everyone concerned for making this a most enjoyable weekend and a bit.

Great entertainment, Power station tour, I never thought I would see inside one, so thanks for arranging.

We are looking forward to this evening.

Thanks Bob for the Ok, Pork pie I forced down the last of it at lunch time🤣.
The friends, we have and make on these rallies, create memories we will never forget.

"Lovely to see you again my friend
Walk along with me to the next bend
Tell us what you've seen in faraway forgotten lands
Where empires have turned back to sand"

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Wow what a time, gutted to have to miss the Fun show tonight.!

Thanks to Lisa, Terry and bobnden - nearly had me dancing, plenty of singing though, I had all the right words just not in the right order, I blame the Black Sheep!

Taken a few ideas for my own rallys.

Well done on the book sale,

Rob the burger was great and as for the hog roast you really missed out, hopes that makes you feel better.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Quick change of plan, so threw everything in the back of the van & headed home.
Mega thanks to bobnden Lisa and suppose should mention Terry
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Thoroughly enjoyed myself and I think Kerry enjoyed all the fuss.
Sorry I didn't do the "goodbye walkabout" but was under a bit of time pressure.
Hopefully will see a few at Lyndon Top.

Typically as soon as I leave a FF Fixit meet I get home to find my 240v is throwing a wobbler... the fridge won't work on mains (nor battery with the engine running) but seems fine on gas... battery must have been ok on the drive home because everything came out of the fridge chilled... and the interior light works 🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing not the fridge as I tried the hot water on ehu and that has just displayed a E118 H error which I suspect is an electrical source problem.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Still here & enjoying our last night.......music bingo was great, hadn't played it before.
PXL_20230804_191735152.MP.jpg

PXL_20230807_221435363.jpg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'm off asap this morning my first Drax is over
Great meet great people
Great time
Lisa,Bob, Terry and Co brilliant and thank you for helping me with my 'additional needs'
@ambthanks for the swim loved it
love to.meet need peps and catch up with others
The covid tests were appreciated and put my mine at rest
As for the food and entertainment can I get anther Great in

a great big :dogthanks:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Lisa, Bob, Terry,
Many thanks for a great time and venue and all the entertainment, Drax is an excellent venue, the staff are very obliging and friendly special thanks to them and the boss big Dave.
What more can we say that hasn’t already been said lovely to meet up with old friends and new ones too.
Many thanks to the Funsters who played last night along with an unusual bingo.
See you all next year if not before.
Mick n Sheila xx

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have thoroughly enjoyed our first Drax rally. A huge thank you to Lisa Terry bobnden and Dave and his staff at the Social club for organising and accommodating us all. What a fantastic venue and brilliant entertainment, we loved the music bingo last night and were singing along with all the songs 😂

Definitely one to look out for again next year 👍

Hezbez

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Whoosh Bang
Exp
Since 2009
Our first and hopefully not last Drax. Enjoyed everything from the interesting power station tour when we arrived to last night's open mic and musical bingo, and all the other bits inbetween!

A unique venue with a great rally field and a welcoming club.

Thank you to the rally hosts for all their hard work, it is appreciated.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Lisa, Terry and bobnden

Thanks for the hard work it took for us all the have a great time. I got home ok and the mud was off the van after a few rain showers on the road. Meeting new friends and bumping into a few old ones was great. My first big rally. And what an introduction I got on arrival 🌟
Can’t wait till next year. 🌟👍🥃

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Fantastic weekend! Thankyou to EVERYONE especially Lisa, Terry & bobnden for all the hard work, worry, blood , sweat and tears that it takes to organise such a successful rally as Drax.
Good food, Good Friends and Good entertainment at a great venue with friendly staff. What more could a man want?
Sorry I left fairly early and missed saying Bye to old & new friends but we will meet again for sure!
Take care, drive carefully, look after your loved ones and us poor Orphan Hobo's! 😆

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
WOW absolutely Blumin fantastic . You Guys definitely know how to put on a fantastic rally . Lisa all your hard work organising, your admin keeping us uptodate and informed (hope you get a break from that lap top now 😂❤️) , booking tours the hours you have put into it has been SO appreciated by us ALL .
Terry ,Lisa, Bob,Denise ,Rob,Vikki, & All the helpers and fixers , funsters entertainers &funsters THANKYOU for making this meet so special and more memories for Amanda and us to treasure .

A massive thumbs up to Dave at Drax and his fantastic staff . We will be back it's an absolute gem of a place ❤️

Can we ALSO just add the buffet and hog roast and burgers along with all the entertainment put on every single night was so superb

You guys and girls deserve a massive big pat on the back THANKYOU 🤗👍❤️

Jul 5, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Since 1990
Big shout out to all the people who made this a brilliant rally Lisa. Terry. Bob. Rob and his partner sorry forgot your name for the excellent music played.
all the parker uppers great job and to the staff at the sports club.
we really appreciate all the time and effort that goes into organising such a rally.
Great entertainment great food great company even the weather came good at the end.
sorry did not same good bye to a few people this morning but had to leave early due to hospital appointment this afternoon. Take care and safe journeys to everyone.
Graham Margaret & Poppy
ps sorry don’t know how to highlight names if someone could give us a clue it would be appreciated thanks.forgot to mention the open mic entertainers

Last edited:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Big shout out to all the people who made this a brilliant rally Lisa. Terry. Bob. Rob and his partner sorry forgot your name for the excellent music played.
all the parker uppers great job and to the staff at the sports club.
we really appreciate all the time and effort that goes into organising such a rally.
Great entertainment great food great company even the weather came good at the end.
sorry did not same good bye to a few people this morning but had to leave early due to hospital appointment this afternoon. Take care and safe journeys to everyone.
Graham Margaret & Poppy
ps sorry don’t know how to highlight names if someone could give us a clue it would be appreciated thanks.
If you put a @Green grass in front it tags the name

Mar 30, 2022
Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A white and grey one
Exp
Tugging since I could drive, now joining the dark side 😁😉
Well, that was FUN!

Second Funsters rally completed and what a rally.

I can't add anything more to what has been said above other than our personal thanks to the organisers and all the others behind the scenes for a well run and organised event.

Can't wait to do it again.

See you next year??!!

landranger

:thanks3: :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread