Rally 3F's Meet - 3rd to 8th August 2023 - Drax Social Club (2 Viewers)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I don't think I got to meet you but if you tell me which row you were parked in and type of van I can confirm if it was you :ROFLMAO:
I was going g to seek.you out but time flew by. On the carpark front middle stealth parking

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Lisa, Terry, BobnDen
big thanks are due to you again
Just to say, well, what a Rally
With absolutely no time to dally

Marshalls, helpers, all helped with the fun
BBQ sausage or burger on a bun
Sunday carvery, hog roast, two feasts to be true
Thanks also must go to big Dave and his crew

Arms and legs covered we went over to Drax
a three hour tour and an overload of facts
a nice white hard hat and a hi-vis jacket
very interesting inside, but a bit of a racket

Rob and Vicky, the Dyna-mixies
back in time with little Miss Sixties
from Brid Travis Graham, with the Soul Man on Sat
Paul Brian on Sunday, what about that

Thanks to the Funsters who can hold a tune
and to big John who just loves to croon
the open mic nights all seemed to go well
I’ll leave it to you to make sure that you tell….

Of what fun we all had, without any waffle
to the surfeit of prizes that were drawn in the raffle
a Musical quiz to end five days of fun
all safely home to await the next one

Cheers to everyone (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry to disappoint but ...as Ant n Dec says....."its not you! :ROFLMAO:
And it's not us either. ;)

Jock. :)

Sounds like it was a great rally, I may have to get over my fear of rallies and put my name down next year….😎
I kid you not Garry, just like all the 3FFFs that bobnden Lisa and Terry have organised over the years, it was absolutely smashing, and that is a bit of an understatement TBH.
You could tie it in with programmed visits elsewhere in the UK, to offset the expense of the journey north from Cornwall. (y)

It would be great to see you there. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
A fabulous rally F,F,F,... FLOGGED a few bits, ate too much FOOD, and it was lovely catching up with FRIENDS. :cool:.
Thank you Bob, Denise, Terry, Lisa, Dave in the Clubhouse and everyone who attended for making it such a success.
It was lovely catching up with old friends and making new ones.
Till next year. Happy travels one and all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you so much Lisa Terry & bobnden , you worked so hard. It was great to meet up with old friends & we had a ball particularly the music bingo. . I was very relieved not to be needed on midwife duty & hope all goes well for her John n Jinny .
irnbru , that roof may well be ours, we were along the back hedge, in a direct line down from the entrance 😅

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We would like to thank bobnden, Lisa and Terry, and all their helpers also Dave and all his team who worked so hard looking after us too and not forgetting Dynamix and the great acts that followed, rain, did it rain ?
We were having too much fun to notice lol we had a fab time

Great meeting up with old and new friends
We thoroughly enjoyed the Tour of the Power Plant which was brilliant

Until next Year

John n Kath xx

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Think I can claim that prize. Fiat Ducato self converted with red gazebo next to the big rv with cats. Roof is next but one on the job list :ROFLMAO:

@irnbru , that roof may well be ours, we were along the back hedge, in a direct line down from the entrance 😅
Nope, neither of you 😂

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I would like to add my thanks to bobnden Lisa Terry and everyone who helped to make this a fantastic rally. The entertainment was great and also a big thanks to Dave and his team in the club who did a fabulous job, the food was lovely. From start to finish everything was brilliant and it was good to meet up with everyone. Looking forward to August 2024 rally.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? bobnden , Lisa and Terry you're all stars! You only have to look at all the brilliant comments on here to see how much you're appreciated. To everyone else who contributed to making it such a great meet THANK YOU!
I'm going to email the social club to thank them too as they were FANTASTIC with their hospitality. 🤗

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We have been overwhelmed by the lovely comments, thank you, it's much appreciated and we are so glad that you have enjoyed it.

We would like to thank so many of you for the help given and offered as well as....

the "parker uppers"
the musicians/singers that gave their time to entertain us
the peelers, flippers and cookers
the Jaegermaster rafflers
the raffle contributions
Dynamix - Rob and Vicki
the kind donations made by all the fantastic Funsters.

A huge thank you for all your support, we couldn’t do this without you.

We would also like to thank Drax - Dave and his staff for accommodating us so well.

As some of you may know, last year was a special charity fundraising event and you raised an amazing amount of money. This year, we would have been pleased with any amount but, yet again, you have all been so generous.

The money will be split equally between The Chatsfield suite, Doncaster Infirmary and MacMillan Cancer Support.

This year, the amount that has been raised is £3,758.19 and Bob & Denise have kindly rounded it up to £4,000 so that each charity gets £2000 each.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

As soon as we have the receipts from the charities, I will post them up.

Well done everyone and Thank you from the 3F's team - Bob, Denise, Terry & Lisa x

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Thank you for a great few days to Lisa and the team. We really enjoyed the meet and appreciate all the hard work your team and the volunteers put into the event. Thank you also for accommodating us and putting us on disabled.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
My roof has a light coating of a black residue that wasn't there before the rally. Just about to get the ladders, hose and soft brush out to sort it.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have been overwhelmed by the lovely comments, thank you, it's much appreciated and we are so glad that you have enjoyed it.

We would like to thank so many of you for the help given and offered as well as....

the "parker uppers"
the musicians/singers that gave their time to entertain us
the peelers, flippers and cookers
the Jaegermaster rafflers
the raffle contributions
Dynamix - Rob and Vicki
the kind donations made by all the fantastic Funsters.

A huge thank you for all your support, we couldn’t do this without you.

We would also like to thank Drax - Dave and his staff for accommodating us so well.

As some of you may know, last year was a special charity fundraising event and you raised an amazing amount of money. This year, we would have been pleased with any amount but, yet again, you have all been so generous.

The money will be split equally between The Chatsfield suite, Doncaster Infirmary and MacMillan Cancer Support.

This year, the amount that has been raised is £3,758.19 and Bob & Denise have kindly rounded it up to £4,000 so that each charity gets £2000 each.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

As soon as we have the receipts from the charities, I will post them up.

Well done everyone and Thank you from the 3F's team - Bob, Denise, Terry & Lisa x

Give yourselves a big :clap2: all those involved and attended the Drax meet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back